I know this style of cinematic doesn't exactly fit in with Avatar, but I think it makes Korras arc look interesting

I know this style of cinematic doesn't exactly fit in with Avatar, but I think it makes Korras arc look interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=dsot99QLKpc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IKqTJxpsDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't it kind of fucked up that they put eskimo's in this show but went out of their way to make their faces as non-eskimo as possible? It's like "cool culture and clothes, but you're ugly as fuck so we'll give you a white people face".

It's fucked up but I think Katara looks cute.

I really wish they didn't change the design of the faces with The Legend if Korra

She just looks so bad and I can't exactly pinpoint why. Is it the eyes? The uncanny valley?

Everyone in TLK looks European

Mako looks asian. Yet Bolin does not.

How does Mako look Asian? The eyes are completely off as is the one structure in his face

Bone not one

How are his eyes not asian? Do you need a full-blown Brock squint? His nose is too long though, and chin too pointy.

Do tell, what Asian race does he resemble?

Are you retarded? What caucasian race do you think he resembles? Genuinely one of the dumber things I've seen someone post here.

Sorry, let me just check my index of phenotypical differences between the provinces of China and get back to you.

>Everyone in TLK looks European

They don't look like anything to me. I know everyone except for folks like the Water-tribes, the Swamp Benders, the Sun Warriors and whatever Phatik is are supposed to be, ethnically, east asian, but they don't look like anything because their faces are too cartoony and not realistically accurate.

>we never saw dat bod in a bikini

>we never even saw Katara in one after her T&A came in

why.jpg

The original trailer actually had me hyped. way back when there was hope

>we never saw dat bod in a bikini
This is the closest you'll get. It's from the upcoming comic.

And from the comic artist's tumblr.

How bad were things here when Korra was around? Specifically during season 2 and the series finale?

I can see a slight resemblance with Toshiro Mifune

oh man look at this european face with european eyes and european facial structure

anime characters always look asian, stop projecting

no one in the show "looks" like anything they use that featureless self-insert prone anime look. They "sound" white which is why you assume the look it also.

>monologue
way to ruin it

they just look anime

It's actually worse now.

PreSeason 1? Hyped as all hell. There were only a few individuals who were being contrarians on how it would suck as it was just a knee jerk to a sequel/female protagonist. But most of Sup Forums was hyped. S1-4, still pretty good. Some people dropped but most were still enamored by it. E5 was the turning point, and Sup Forumss love for TLoK started to dwindle. After S2 when Unalok betrayed Korra and they split, that's when Sup Forums got really angry. I'd say people still liked the show, but at this point it was just all downhill from here. Finales were the most positive reception, and then it was back to mostly anger not even an hour after the finales cause all the non-Sup Forums users left. To be honest, TLoK isn't terrible though not as good as AtLA, but Sup Forums was so anally devastated from the immense hype and ultimate letdown of the show that now we have routine Korra hate threads.

So exactly how season 5 of Jack is going?

What's with that voice acting? it just sound like some random slut reading a script

It's Korras VA. But the guy edited the voice to create a monologue.

>White people face

Its funny how people on cartoon and anime boards don't seem to get stylization and how it works. Also I have yet to see these White people that look like cartoon/anime characters but I'll keep looking I guess

To be fair the only thing Korra had that Sup Forums would like was the animation. (And even then then bending lost a significant portion of its martial arts source material.)

It had a shitload of what pisses Sup Forums off. Love triangles, retconning, breaking or forgetting the set rules of the universe, changing the art style, bad writing, it was terrible.

I mean fuck they used the amnesia episode to make Korra forget about Raava who she never actually knew about it the first place, just so she could remember what she or anyone else never knew, and then used it to make a flashback which resulted it even worse bad writing and retconning the original story of bending and the spirit world's design, and then ended it with restarting the love triangle between Mako, Korra, and Asami.

That's like a perfect cocktail just to make Sup Forums lost its shit

Lurk more faggot

It's not like I don't agree with you, I do. It's just unfortunate that it was also one of the most promising premises for AtLA from what we were given early on - prerelease.

It spoils the airplanes which were the coolest moment in season 1

Yep. People losing their bending after a massive modernization and industrialization of the world from a mysterious figure that seems to be using Chi bending and trying to start a anti-bending revolution?

Yeah it was a let down

I hated the show since the first scene with Korra where a five year old is somehow bending three elements (including her opposite) and literally says, "I'm the avatar, you have to deal with it!"

Throw in a contrived and unexplained reason for her not airbending, no spiritual connection, that wasn't a requirement before and is never addressed again with her airbending.

Then they said Aang, who spent his time traveling the world and learning the bending and culture and people that lived and practiced it, thought it would be best for Korra to be cooped up in one location after a huge era of peace. I mean fuck at least they could have introduced the red lotus back then. Given some justification for why it was best to keep Korra secluded from the world.

The writing was shit from the start.

she was the avatar you fucking fool aang used water bending easily when he first did it and its not like she was a master of them just towing shit around stop being triggered over a kid idiot you fucks just look for shit to bitch about now

So can someone explain to me exactly what happened in the final episode of season 2? What the FUCK was the blue giant shit?

It took Aang years to learn airbending. And he was a protege who lived in a temple with air bending masters. And that was one element. He showed an affinity for water bending but still had to be instructed by Katara.

And go back and watch him learn fitebendinng from the master in season one. Remember how dangerous that was? Remember the emphasis put on the breathing exercises and other basic techniques to hone in the natural, dangerous nature of firebending? And how when he ignored that there was concequences?

Or how about how it took crazy training from Toph to bend earth and even then he still sucked a good deal at it because it was his natural opposite?

But no, Korra, the five year old toddler with no training or instruction or effort manages to bend three emelements including her opposite.

I mean fuck the least they could have done was have the one element she couldn't bend be fire because THAT'S HOW THE FUCKING RULE PF THE AVATAR WORLD WAS ESTABLISHED

How about this. Anyone remember how the avatar is suppose to learn the bending elements in a specific order? Anyone?

I think it's supposed to represent Korras inner strength that she can project outwards to fight Unavaatu.

Also heard that Mike was inspired by some eastern idea where you can project your spirit when you reach enlightenment.

Neither really makes sense in Korras case as she isn't all that spiritual, and her inner self doesn't seem to amount to much since she breaks down when things don't go her way. But i think my explanation was their intention.

She barely manages to bend anything though. She moves i little water, creates fire like a lighter and makes a molehill of earth. She doesn't bend her opposite either, her opposite being airbending, not fire wich comes very naturally to her, just as earthbending does. We're also told that she in incredible gifted at martial bending so it isn't really that much of strecth that she can do bare minimum bending at an early age.

You've completely forgotten about the avatar cycle you stupid moron. How many times did they show and explain the fucking cycle in the show?

what makes you think air is her opposite? It's supposed to be fire

What about the cycle? How does it even play into this at all.

The fact that she loves firebending and is really good at it while she can't grasp the simplest ideas of air bending.

>THAT'S HOW THE FUCKING RULE PF THE AVATAR WORLD WAS ESTABLISHED
when was this and the aang thing whith the fire was just some drama so that katara can find her healing powers aang was so out of character there and korra sucked at airbending

It's whatever's most opposite to their nature, for the avatars who grew up learning only one style that's the opposing element but for someone who didn't grow up with only the one it doesn't need to be

why is it supposed to be fire

I think her arc's already interesting.

I seem to be wrong. In TLA it was established that the avatar is born into the host nation following the cycle. And would learn the first bending element of that host nation. Then they would learn the other elements according to the cycle. That can be disrupted but what holds true is that the element that is most difficult for the avatar to learn is the opposite of their first, the one of their host nation.

Apparently that was retconned as I found out looking at the Wiki:
>Avatar Roku found mastering waterbending particularly difficult, and earthbending was difficult for Avatar Aang due his predisposition to indirectly engage in combat and evade problems as often as possible. Despite being a native waterbender, Korra actually favored her opposite element and instead found mastering airbending the most challenging due to her brash and direct nature, contrary to airbending's philosophy of contemplation, measured action, and avoidance of conflict.

So yeah it was retconned and Korra was made an exception.

>bending reflected the culture and traditions of the people
>this impacted the avatar and the way they viewed the world
>this made learning the opposite element conflicting because it was the opposite of the way they were raised and see the world
>instead Korra's personality overrides all of this

So it's a shitty retcon

holy shit fuck off

This is why people hate Korra fans. You get proven wrong and have an auspie meltdown

Your mistake is thinking Korra fans watched the original series.
Korra was born into the water tribe because of the cycle. So she learned water bending first. And fire would be the most difficult.
I mean that's not a difficult concept to understand and the show blatantly says it.

no you just sound fucking stupid and mad about your stupid head canon and idiot i like the original better it looks like you need to go watch the show again and stop reading Wiki
i did fool

Well you were still right it should have been that fire was the most difficult. It's just that korra both the show and the character shits on the previous show

The cycle is canon. Avatar Ruko explains all of this to Aang.

did you even watch the show? Korra is an special exception to everything in the show

Hence we got a toddler bending three elements including her opposite

Stop acting like a retard

ok what does that haft to do with korra knowing how to bend fire
why is this a big problem

>stop making fun of Korra!!!!!!!!

not an argument

You are stupid to explain something so common sense. But let try one more time

Air - water - earth - fire

Kyushu - Ruko - Aang - Korra

Earth - Fire - Air - Water

Korra = water (except she's a powerful independent avatar who don't need no rules)

Water is opposite of fire

Korra is supposed to struggle with fire

But nah you just enjoy your show with a little toddler doing more than Aang could in years and broke all the rules

What arc?

>Korra is supposed to struggle with fire
why even her personality makes sense for her to do fire easily you guys are mad over fucking nothing

Nah, she doesn't have to, it's just a common thing. Her personality was more in tune with fire, so it wasn't a problem with her.

I wouldn't call it a retcon desu, she had a very different upbringing compared to any avatar we now of. Afterall she had everything come to her in the compound so she could learn from there. It's not even certain they kept to the cycle perhaps they thought they didn't need to.

Remember that Aang also tried to learn fire early on, it's not impossible to think it could work out given more time and more oversight.

>Korra's personality override the set rules of the world

Pottery

>instead Korra's personality overrides all of this
No it doesn't, Korra doesn't have a specific culture since she was brought up in isolation by her parents and teachers/white lotus who are all from different nations. Even her parents aren't from he same watertribe heritage.

Korras personality overwrites because it's the main influencer on her "culture".

I'd actually say her most difficult element should have been water. She was passionate, stubborn and adventurous, but had an incredibly hard time adapting to change.

Exactly. Even if we accept the retcon that her personality overrides everything and she inherently a firebender, why does she not struggle with water?

Because that could had been moderately interesting idea and we all know that we can't have something like that in LoK.

It's not really a retcon that personality determines bending difficulties. Every avatar, ofcourse, corrosponds to their nation because that's where they were brought up. Korra wasn't brought up in a watertribe culture though, she was brought up outside of culture.

As for the water part, there probably isn't an explanation in show. It's because the only element that didn't have it's own season in Atla was air, so they continued with it in LoK.

Would have been interesting to see the story around and Avatar that can't bend their native element very well.

LoK has almost nothing but interesting ideas. They were all just handled like shit so it never pays off.

Except the whole concept of Aang and Korra having her constrained to seclusion from the world after he ended the war decades ago makes no sense. Even if her upbringing could override the avatar cycle, her upbringing still doesn't make sense. Aang out of everyone would have understood the importance of Korra getting out and see the world and the different cultures and people.

>LoK has almost nothing but interesting ideas.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

so you idiots are going to hate on it no matter what ok

I can get behind isolating her being a non-sense idea. No arguing against that. But it still would explain why her personality "overrides" her cultural heritage.

Don't even know how to respond to such idiocy.

This one's better
youtube.com/watch?v=1IKqTJxpsDY

Shit getting hated on is pretty normal m8.