Can you describe this character without saying what she looks like, what kind of costume she wore...

Can you describe this character without saying what she looks like, what kind of costume she wore, or what her profession or role was?

"Umm, sweetie..."
What do I win?

castrate white males

incompetent self important asshole that provokes a mutiny because she thought she was above explaining her plan to her subordinates in a life or death situation

A terrible leader with no people skills.

Cunt

strong womyn

Dumb pointless character

Really the only actual problem with her. Is there a reason out there why she didn't just tell them?

Pessimistic leader that rather get out of a fight with fewest losses than win

Muh need to know basis where none was necessary.

I don't care about the hair or that she was a woman, she was just unqualified and incompenent

I am p sure that is Admiral Tumblr

Pokemon Go to the Polls

Why did she wait until 3/4 of the escape shuttles were destroyed to do her hyperspace suicide? Especially when she stayed behind and was fucked anyway. She could have saved all of those people.

Stupid? Arrogant? Conceited?

Why didn't they use the hyperspace ram tactic with all the ships they left behind, if they were going to be destroyed anyway?

A character meant to represent the value of blind trust in authority. How stimulating.
Because it's more emotionally impactful in that manner.

Dedicated to the cause and cautious in her actions. Decisive, wise.

Which is hilarious since half the people she demanded obedience from died horribly in those shuttle transports.

I genuinely dont think she had the hypserpace ram as a plan. That was something she came up with on the fly.

Because that was when the idea became a necessity.

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?

Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

So she was just going to float away and get shot to death, and just hope they didn't bother checking the one close planet?

If a single ship in light speed can be used to literally decimate extremely powerful fleets then why isn't that a common tactic?

Hates reckless flyboys. Recklessly flies into boys.

Black owned

Authoritarian?

implying she wasn't screwed anyway. so is she just a coward?
to destroy my suspension of disbelief, why can a culture build massive, magnificent space ships but not manage an auto pilot, or remote controls?

Admiral Gender Studies

Decided not to tell vital information to her underlings, ruins her own plans that way by sowing distrust and panic among the ranks.

What was her reasoning again? Oh yeah, she wasn't concerned with 'appearing as a hero'.

Great use of a great quote. Good work user.

General Intersectionality

strong, diverse, different and independent

Is that fucken MC Ride?

She's an experienced military veteran in an authority position who has a history of making unpopular but necessary decisions which puts her at odds with some of her younger and less experienced subordinates. she seems aloof and stern but it hides a deep compassion, not only for her people but for the cause of the rebellion which she displays by heroically sacrificing herself for it in the end.

Captain I Just Can't Right Now

Stronger Together

This

Gross negligence kills more people than Poe.

It goes, it goes, it goes...

for real though i've yet to hear an actual explanation on this. it's kind of like the sansa stark and knights of the vale thing from got, it's an actual, bonafide plot hole that people try but never successfully defend.

seriously with most nit picks you have an explanation even if it does fall into apologetics. this has nothing, it's literally giving every ship a doomsday super weapon nearly as effective as a death star.

???

In Star Wars, you're supposed to use suspension of disbelief. They don't use hyperspace missiles or however you'd design it because it's not as cool to look at. Some different science fiction/fantasy franchises have different explanations.

Basically just a cunt who got where she was through nepotism.

you're supposed to use suspension of disbelief in everything, user.

So they could do the subplot.

thats why rose "rescues" poe and makes a point of him not getting to sacrifice himself.

thats why that scene is in the film.

and thats the only reason because the writer of this dont know what the fuck he is doing.

But isn't the conclusion then that she has failures as well and therefore is NOT the stronk super womyn you all want her to be to live out your misogyny?

she's a stronk super womyn that, indirectly through the logic of the writing, is actually one of the worst characters in the film. that's what makes it so jarringly great. it's like they're accidentally defacing their own symbol.

>he

No, because when Poe quotes her you're supposed to think she was inspirational and a hero instead of a stupid fucking asshole.

Congratulations on your extremely stimulating post user, great job. If you were to relax a bit, you'd see that my point is that it isn't intended to make sense, merely to present well.

How did she go from ripping shit out of a Triceratops's asshole to this?

insufferable

yeah and that's okay and all but then they're conceding that this medium of entertainment actually has zero intellectual weight or meaning.

like, we all know it's a kids movie, but are you really ready to throw away any necessity for it to make sense, just because one of the things it excels at is looking nice and presenting well?

i don't even like star wars that much and i feel that's a little bit insulting to the movies as a whole, as well as it's rabid fanbase.

Cunt

Here's an explanation that might satisfy the autists(it's at least how I reconcile the hyperspace jump attack).

The reason this tactic isn't more common is because, you would need a very large ship, like the one used. Smaller ships probably just explode on impact with their shields. So the first reason is cost. The second reason, which is actually explained in the movie, was that at the time that she began charging her hyper drive, the bad guys immediately knew it was coming, but they had every single one of their canons targeted at the escaping rebel ships, so they didn't have time to re-target the large ship. It's also possible that it's only effective at very close range, so any attempt would be quickly destroyed by the target ship, before the other ship's hyper drive could finish charging.

worst explanation ever. kill yourself

but most of those explanations fall flat.

the cost thing is ridiculous, why would you spend all that money building a fleet when you can just build one ship for, almost certainly, a lower cost, and destroy their much larger fleet with it?

why not design a drone controlled ship that shoots out smaller, dummy drones that either distract or harass enemy ships, so that the hyperspace missile can take out the rest of the fleet? kind of like helicopter flares?

they don't *need* to consider all of this in the movie. unless they introduce the hyperspace ram as a concept. then they kind of do.

Plus, the point of hyperspace jumps is that you're not actually moving on the 3 planes but rather through a "wormhole" connecting your current position with the position you are trying to reach. So the ship would not have crossed the imperial destroyer as it wouldn't have been in its actual path.

well doing all that probably wouldn't be effective after the first time it happens. They'd probably deploy some kind of counter measures like decoy ships and try to make them waste resources firing it off

underrated

for sure, but like, the people of this galaxy have had hyperspace technology for a very long time. your logic rings absolutely true but it's still a detractor for the scene as a whole - why hasn't this been tried before? why aren't military groups prepared against it?

if you're going to say "maybe it has been and everyone forgot", you're just hurting the credibility of this entire franchise even more.

She's... a cunt.
She's... entitled.
She's... a bad leader.
She's... obsessed with men mansplaining things to her.
She's... retarded, because she choses to suicide in a universe where there are intelligent robots around.

So she expected the ship to get spared once the fuel ran out?

They could have C-3PO do it.

Insecure narcissist with a victim complex. Kills herself rather than face the responsibility that she was wrong about everything.
Through a huge glitch in the matrix, her suicide actually yields results, but also creates a reality fissure that ultimately unravels the entire universe.

Condescending
Patronising
Arrogant
Prissy
Foolish

Pretty well written character.

Why the fuck did she stay behind to steer, and then not do any steering?

She couldn't drive stick

That's not how suspension of disbelief works.

>um, sweetie, no.

easy

why dont they use lasers to blind troops or gas that melts people in general warfare?
fuck it, why isnt the usa throwing nukes at every modern conflict?
shit gets results senpai.

Smash The Patriarchy

strong independent woman that doesn't need any (white) man to be successful.

she smells of weed and olbas oil

Holy shit you retards, how is it even possible to be triggered this hard by haircolor. Seriously, choke on this overrated franchise.

Alluha Akbar - it's ok to martyr your self for a cause, and take down innocents with you. Great role model for children - go blow yourself up!

Could you do that with any Star Wars character?

Just lazy writing. The character itself is fine.

Surprisingly well put

This. Then has the the nerve to laugh it off with Leia. Haha oh men!

>Military woman
>Dressed in a long dress, wears a fuckton of jewelry and has pink hair

Kek no way I'd ever watch this garbage. I only come to shitpost

Her actions got hundreds of people killed on the transports. It was for the best that she anhero'd

nah I dont really care about star wars lol. I think I saw the original movies when I was young and only saw this one out of the trilogy because it had luke. But idk maybe nobody thought of using hyperspace as a weapon because making huge ships probably isnt easy and they would rather save the hyperspace technology for travel rather than war idk. its just one of those "what if" things

Well I mean, considering Poe tried to launch a mutiny when he found it, it was probably smart of her not to reveal it to him until it was absolutely necessary. Let's look how it turned out - her plan went through and Poe's didn't. It seems to have paid off, all things considered.

>military woman
>has no concept of the chain of command
It's ironic that these movies are accidentally sexist due to their own incompetence.

Poe launched a mutiny because he didn't know about the cloaking device.
He thought she was running away on transports that were almost certainly going to be blown out the sky, and she did absolutely nothing to correct him. Given that she let him think they were being led to almost certain death, destruction of the resistance, and rise of the First Order, she's lucky he didn't throw her out the airlock.

Why did she even wait to use the transports until their fuel had almost ran out?

The only reason most of the rebels died was that the Sicario Hacker learned about her plan, which wouldn't have happened had she not waited for no fucking reason.

The hacker would have never found out if she had told him the plan. The little Asian boy and token would have never gone on that mission.

Other than the noble sacrifice part she was well written as a female leader who got were she was because of her gender. Yes her backstory might be interesting but her personality on screen is 100% equality posted female manager.

>She had a good, neck on her shoulders.

Why was the First Order allowed to ever complete construction on the mobile fortress when Disney removed anti-warp shielding from Star Wars canon? Everyone in the rebellion retroactively becomes retarded when it turns out they could've avoided countless casualties by programming an autopilot and warping into the Death Star/Death Star 2/Starkiller/Star Destroyers/Giganigga Flagship/etc.

Because this is a terrible film written by an incompetent faggot who wanted to take a shit directly on your face.

She didn't explain her plan to Poe because she knew he would freak and start a mutiny over abandoning the capital ship. There was a chance he wouldn't mutiny if she didn't tell him. He still freaked and cost them the whole rebellion.

>She's... retarded, because she choses to suicide

She did the right thing.