Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92131042/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/a7FvmCPp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last time

-Talked about GG
-BQ comic is still being worked on
-Lovely Ladybug Summer Special comic is still being worked on
-Talked about Kid Cookie
-More on some of the other Summers siblings
-New characters
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Hey guys! Sorry I'm Late. Here's 2 more Rage Racer pages. line 511 is where the new stuff is. After reading a good bit of Dirk Manning's "Write or Wrong" I have made the new content what I belive to be better spaced out and more "Collaberator freindly". This time I hope that the pages are less compact and easier to read. As for fixing the old stuff it will happen, just behind the scences for now. I don't want people to search for changes at the beginning so I'll see if I can Change it for one big update.
pastebin.com/a7FvmCPp
As always critiques are welcome and encouraged.

Also at the request of one user, I decided to give an honest try to color this. However it was taking all week and cutting into my writing time. So I decided to stop here. I was planning on more poses for this character, So for now enjoy this 3/4ths ass attempt

Ctrl+f "barley" and replace all instances with "barely".

Line 552
>His awakening s sudden
is sudden

>The window shows its late afternoon
it's

Line 570
>Panel 4: NN is now heading towards the exiting the room, RR talking out of frame.
NN is heading towards the room's exit, talking to RR out of frame.

Line 572
>satiation
situation

Line 580
>checks his pockets for the winnings in his pocket
That's redundant.
"checks his pockets for his lotto winnings"

And the nurse stealing form a patient like that is fucked up. I'd expect RR to go down the path of super villainy with a dick move like that happening to him.

Well maybe I could edit it to be maybe $20 out of his winnings. But even still my plan is to have him be a vocal savior. His whole thing is that he has so many criticisms about his town and he'll soon get the power to DO something about it. I plan to show that, as bitter and angry as he is, there will be flashbacks of generosity from RR.

Plus given the job I think RR would at least understand where that woman's coming from, as wrong as it is.

My idea for a B-tire psychic

Still working it out
I had more character designs but I erased cause I actually liked the one character design

So what powers does a B rate psychic have?

8th for VFT Ladies Night.

Giggling at the idea of a Bird of Prey-esque team with technically non-girl girls plus Ladybug..

and a quick sketch of what I'm working on now

VFT ladies night just makes me think of a story where VFT was doing a job with the Vixen Six.

is she a hobbit

This is why I abandoned it earlier on. She's not supposed to be short, or at least she's supposed to be proportional. I think it's the mask that makes her head look to big and just not knowing how long legs and arms are when drawing.

I can only try to improve for next time

What does it sound like?

That's what i'm trying to figure out.

Usually at the top end of the psychic power ratings are things like telekinesis and mental manipulation. The ability to physically influence things instead of just passively being aware of them.

We have at least one psychic character who is on the high end of the scale since both her parents have psychic powers and she inherited all of them and then some.
But I guess her parents would both be on a low end of the psychic power ratings. Mind reading on its own I guess is pretty low tier, and psychometric abilities can easily screw over the user by making it hard to tell what is real and what is not.

So a mid level psychic would need to be someone with enough control not to let their powers get the better of them and also have the ability to apply their power in a useful way.

Hi, /coc/

It's been a while.
Do y'all remember these three?

Newfag but still wanna know more.

It was a pitch that didn't quite catch on.

There was a basis for the plot (made space for future rewriting), just wanted a story that wasn't "heavily" focused on a single character but multiple interconnected ones.

It involved the goody-boy scout pretending to be a hero, the forlorn best friend who plays villain and the anti-hero which brings things up a whole notch.

The gist went like this:

Two best buddies, reunited after a long period of time, decide to relive their fantasy dreams of being superheroes (taking place in a world where superheroes are indeed abundant) due to their city being ranked one of the most 'boring and mundane' place to live in the entire earth.

It became a huge success (unbeknownst to the masses that they are just mock fights) and soon people come from all over the world and watch the magnificent battles, akin to the ones people read in the comic books themselves (very Golden Age-esque).

However, deep within the city's charm lies a dark and terrible secret, one where ruthless vigilante has come to seek to destroy from within.

Events unfurl in this mix of grim dark and light-hearted hero on hero action!

These three individuals eventually clash, fates entwined, as they all learn in their own terms to what it truly means to be a "superhero".

----------------------

So hwacha think user?

That is a pretty dope idea. So then later on they start to realize one of them isn't fake fighting anymore? Does one get coerced into being legit bad?

The line gets so blurred eventually that it basically boils down to personal motives.

Legit bad?
Maybe.

The one playing the villain eventually gets hellbent in killing the vigilante for "ruining the city"

So his best friend (one playing hero) has to stop him.
For real.

I guess that was more of the finale more than anything.

So are these guys actually super powered or do they try fighting with pyrotechnics and other effects gear?

None of them are superpowered per se...

(Note that ALL of this is a work in pending)

Archenemy (Hugh "Wells" Greene was his name) has a genius level intellect but is very asocial. The only ever friend he had was JD before he moved away when they were just kids.

He builds the tech for himself and his best friend.

His face is all wrecked with shards due to him experimenting on a mysterious meteorite (can be a tie in for some other /coc/ stuffs but for now it's just unexplained) which he later utilizes as JD's weapon.

JD (Jonathan Dominic Easton) is a typical high school teenage boy. He runs track, is friends with everybody, helps the bullies and the bullied, and a diligent student. He is raised in a family of five, with a younger sister and a baby brother. Life couldn't be more perfect for JD living in New Lamenton until his oldest friend resurfaces.

JD uses a not-so unique gadget he wears on his left arm that allows him to displace himself at certain distances with varying momentum (a pseudo-speedster). The mysterious crystal leaves a greenish trail behind him when in use lending him the moniker, Ghost.

Andy Splinter , aka Theta to the criminal world, is a ruthless vigilante on the hunt for [INSERT BADDIE] which has led her to New Lamenton, a seemingly peaceful city. Raised by her father, an ex secret agent for a hero containment organization discharged for reasons unknown, she carries with her many skills with deadly precision. Armed with an array of self-made gadgets and her trusty sidearm, Andy seeks to enact vendetta on the covered-up murder of her father as well as cleaning the world's scum in the process.

------------

Here are their beef/cheesecake art that I drew back then.

I remember them.

I liked that plot line we had going.

I've been practicing my art ever since I got criticized for it.
I think I'm ready.

Damn, beefy.

Did you save all the notes and discussion we had from when we were still actively talking about the project?
I did.

Did you ever come up with a name? Last I saw it was something like Trine. It had Tri at the beginning at least.

I wasn't able to

>spoiler

Yes!

And I think we settled with Trine?
Dunno, we kinda created the story first than the characters so I guess they don't really serve any purpose but as plot devices.

Kek whoops I got psychic mixed with magic somehow

That is some wonderful drawing.

Trinity time table, time travel included

-6 or more years before the story starts - Wells and JD are friends, Wells' parents die and he movies away
-At least one year before the story starts - JD from the future is flung into the past and starts preparing for the exact moment he catches up to the present
-A month or so before the story starts - Wells is experimenting with some orb that blows up in his face. Shards get stuck in his face that are slowly killing him. Has paranoia I assume and trusts no one aside from JD whom he reaches out to.
-The story starts - Wells decides to spend his remaining time alive pretending to be a super villain and builds a super suit for JD so they can have mock battles and bring in tourism for the city they grew up in.
-Events that take place over the next 4 to 6 months can be considered their golden era full of grandiose performances and showboating.
-4 to 6 months into the story - Theta arrives in the city with the intent to kill Wells since she sees him as a real villain and must kill evil because she has daddy issues.
-Events over the next 6 to 4 months - Theta has disrupted their performances, put civilians in danger with her overly brutal tactics, and has forced Wells to become more and more dangerous just to defend himself. Future JD works in the background to make sure no one dies as he already knows where and when everything will happen and what to focus on. He cannot interfere with these events and it hurts him a lot inside.

So I had a thought about JD and Wells, the two bros who pretend to be a superhero and supervillain respectively to bring in tourism to their city.
And there's also the girl who thinks Wells is a real supervillain and uses overly brutal tactics to fight him, escalating the whole thing from mock battles to real battles.

cont.

But anyway, this is an idea I had about JD and Wells.
Let's say they're having a day off to just hang out and bro it up. They go have lunch somewhere and get talking, telling jokes, the usual stuff you do with friends.

So JD tells a particularly funny joke and it gets Wells laughing, the only problem is his laugh is the same as his evil persona's laugh and that's turning heads.
JD plays it off saying that Wells does a really good impression of Archenemy (or whatever Wells calls himself when in costume) and that defuses the situation.

But Theta, the overly brutal vigilante girl, was also in the restaurant and heard this, kicking off the downward spiral that leads to the end.

-Events here are unknown to me, but Wells' condition worsens and the city is being evacuated as he's going critical. I assume he is having a final showdown with Theta. JD puts on his super suit and pushes it beyond it's limits to get back to the city since he feels he needs to at least try to save him.
-Point of time travel - JD punches Wells so hard in the face that the shards embedded in his face transfer energy to JD and sends him back in time 2 years.
-As Wells is flung backwards, future JD catches him and that's the end of part one.

Part two focuses on what future JD was doing in the background during part one.
This consists of making contact with a super group, explaining the situation, finding out he has time, making plans, and making sure no one dies during the time Theta fucked up their routine.

Part three is what comes after with Wells being treated by some super groups smart person.

I'm leaning towards Dr. Castle since she's with the Justice Sup Forumsmrades, and Doctor SCIENCE is an enemy they've studied extensively which has has given them knowledge about the dos and don'ts of time travel.

And that's what I had saved in my /coc/ txt file.

Hey user, lets try to flesh each character some more.

Make them less two-dimensional, which one you wanna start with?

(I'll draw some art too.)

Let's start with Theta. She's the one of the three I always felt was the most flat.

All there is to her right now is she's angry. She could do with a better motive to push her into becoming involved in the mock battles, some incident that convinces her that Wells is a genuine threat or something.

Oh shit, Sup Forums is speed forcing tonight.

Alright give me an hour

Hwacha mean?

Probably that it's moving fast. It always moves fast on the weekends now.

In just 49 minutes from time of last post we were on page 10.

So what else is currently established about Theta?

Also, this story is still taking place in Canada, right?

Okay what if...

We kinda tweak her abit?

Like she doesn't primarily go for Wells but instead is hunting down a criminal that she's been after for so long that just happens to be hiding behind the veneer of the peaceful city.

That way we can indirectly connect her to the story with enough narrative of her own.
Yeah, Canada.
Figured that would be a boring enough country.

What if she's going after Wells because of the technology he's using is similar to the technology she knows the person she's really after uses?

So she assumes that Wells is working for the person she's really after and nothing anyone can say can convince her otherwise.
It gives us something to go on when we decide to move into "arc 3" since "arc 2" is future JD in the background of "arc 1" making sure nothing really terrible happens.

It's all coming to a full circle!

Now, the question becomes who is she really after? What kind of lines can she drop to indicate that?

Should it be an already established character or a new character or an obscure character or a character who might already be dead?

Just a throwaway goonish crimelord should work I think.

This is so cool, man

also

>All this plot development while I was gone

Holy moly!

But where would they go, is the question?

After watching old Justice League episodes, I was thinking of redesigning Jade Empress.

She'd be a mummy in a jade death mask. Possibly a magic one keeping her alive, and she needs the bracers because they'll restore her youth.

We actually talked about giving her a jade mask a couple months back, as the artifact she uses to control her golems.

I kept thinking of Zen Tuo from Scooby-Doo, for some reason.

If we go with the idea that she targets Wells because his technology resembles the technology of the person she's hunting, then that does opening up a number of possible tie ins.

Though if we do go with that, why is it that she doesn't go after JD? He's using similar technology, or at least tech based on the same stuff, right? Or did Wells think that through enough to make it look dissimilar so the masses wouldn't put two and two together.

>why is it she doesn't go after JD

I mean she can, that can add to justify Wells' agitation towards her.
Nothing is written in stone just yet.

I liked the plan where at first she tires to get JD on her side in killing Wells, but then realizes he's too soft for that and breaks off contact with him.

Then after the incident in the diner she'd realize that the hero was actually actively getting in her way the whole time and working with the villain.
If she's wound up because of conspiracies, then that'd be a decent push to really send her over the edge.

I think the thing to remember when designing anything about her is that jade is extremely rare and EXTREMELY expensive. She shouldn't be running around with a whole shitload of jade soldiers or anything. I think a mask would be the upper limit for the amount she should have on her person.

She might have magic to make more jade.

That kinda takes away from the allure of having fancy jade stuff.

But then why not just make jade and sell it and be rich as fuck?

Maybe magic jade doesn't stay jade?

She can turn things into jade, but the only stay jade for as long as she's influencing them directly?

Her actual motive has never been discussed. Wanting magic artifacts to power her eternal life is the closet to a reason we have.

>Wanting magic artifacts to power her eternal life is the closet to a reason we have.
Yeah, I think the idea of her wanting the bracers for that purpose was also brought up in that thread where we brainstormed about her. Desu's search function is down at the moment, so I can't actually find it, irritatingly enough.

The soldiers were terra cotta, I thought.
Either way I doubt an evil sorceress is gonna be in it for the money. Power and eternal youth/beauty are more thematically appropriate to the era, I think.

bumping with an update

This is why I like to save some discussions to txt files.

I remember they had jade hearts. Or at least I think that's how it was.

If not, then jade hearts sounds better then them being all jade.

>This is why I like to save some discussions to txt files.
Yeah, I mostly just remember the main discussion points:

>suggested design revision: jade mask with more ornate robes befitting a sorceror
>has the public identity of wealthy foreign recluse Daiyu Huánghòu (literally "black jade empress")
>SQ and GG know Huánghòu is the Jade Empress, but are unable to prove it because she's gotten so good at covering her tracks over the centuries

Sorry for the late reply, was busy

But back to Theta's redesign, I think I accidentally gave her a Red Hood look so lets change that.

Are you a writer by chance, user?

I think she has a magic artifact that lets her cast an illusion of a living face instead of her mummy face.

I sometimes write things for these threads whenever I get an idea that really grabs me. Not recently though.

Back when we were first discussing Trine I did try to come up with an opening scene to the series, but I didn't think to save it since I recall you not liking it.

That's fine though.

Would Jade Empress still be around by the time Golden Guardian is the norm?

Would she have a Talia-stand in for a son?
Audrey keeps mistaking him for a girl,
to his dismay.

You know, I'd rather we figure that out by coming up with plots in the Golden Girl time and see if Jade Empress is a character we want to keep around.

She how she works with the setting, how she can be used, what sort of plots she works best in, etc.

I've never been a fan of keeping villains around just because.
If she has a "rebirth" method for when she defeated, then that'd be better.

You could try for a more stylized approach with whatever costume she wears if you want to get away from the Red Hood look.

Now to see if we'll still have a thread come morning.

The board moves crazy fast lately. If no one actively bumps these threads they can fall in an hour sometimes.

>Stylized

How would that be?

I could see her continuing onto Audrey's Guardian era, on the fact that Jade Empress is an immortal.

On the other hand, does Audrey have her own Deathstroke or another villain looking for apprenticeship?

Madam Ares would be fun if she was in the same universe.

Audrey's universe is a comic within the Sup Forumsverse. Ma'm and GG have met, though.

I totally want to see a sequel to this strip where Ma'm returns to GG's world. She hears GG's voice call out from behind her and turns to taunt her, only to find herself face-to-chest with Golden Guardian, who's itching for some payback after all these years.

So I made a realization this morning and thought I would share, as the whole thread seems to have the same problem.

After maybe the second revision I finally admitted to myself that I was bullshitting myself with busy work instead of just tackling the comic. I have the first issue itself done I just need to move forward on it and I can't seem to. Facing what I imagine it could be versus the realty of my current ability paralyzed me.

Then I saw this this morning, and I remembered how fun it can be to actually make these stupid comics. It's not perfect, and I can pick it apart and probably make a better version than I did then, but I have to actually make to work to look back on it.

So if you're writing, not more brainstorming, lore building, put out a script. If your drawing, make a page, don't wait until you're good enough as that scale shifts as you DO get better.

For me, I took on a paying gig recently to pencil Golden Girl serials, and I'm going to make that my priority. The commissioner however gave me permission to share most of it besides the finished pages. So I'll be sharing that on a weekly basis (assuming these threads are here).

I hope to return to BQ with some finished work to reflect on later this year. Sorry for the blog.

This image was on Sup Forums recently, Manyū Hiken-chō thread that had lasted multiple days

It sounds like some japanese NES music.

Wow. Didn't think I could be of so much assistance just by posting an image.

If a supervillain needed to hire a no. 1 henchman or 2nd in charge who would they hire in the Sup Forumsverse? could be just muscle or a true leader for the other henchmen.

Bump

Fistress. Guaranteed loyalty

A color we wouldn't expect. A material that isn't body armor on the exterior.

Like some Viewtiful Joe.

No one has come up with Golden Guardian exclusive characters yet.

She's not a villain though.

Oh you want villain specific. Then Face Punch. Hell, Full Body Beat Down would make a great secret team.

bump

Do something with Hazel, inspire by that recent King Arthur flop movie.

The hiring pools for henchmen feel like they'd be controlled by The Wrong Guy, the UnItalian Mafia, and the McFathers mafia.

>No one has come up with Golden Guardian exclusive characters yet.
What sort of Bronze Age-style supervillain would she have as an arch-nemesis? By that point, Iris is a full-blown ally, and Billy... Billy I see as not being particularly villainous anymore, but unwilling to give up the bad-boy cred that comes with being a supervillain.

I hesitate to suggest we play the spy card since that's already a heavy aspect of Mighty Mantis and The Recluse, but she would be Golden Guardian around the height of that genre's relevance.

Foresight's design gives off that vibe as well.

I could see Billy being sort of an embarrassing dad for one of the new villains. Maybe have them be Punk Rock theme

>Hey, so you taking the bad rocker motif? Man, I remember when I did that back in my day.

>Oh my god, Dad! How did you find my secret base? Get out!

What decade are we talking?

Could we have a Disco villain?

The idea is that Audrey becomes Golden Guardian around the transition from the Silver Age to the Bronze Age, which is around 1970. Honestly a little too early for Billy to have supervillain kids of his own yet, since (like Audrey) he'd be somewhere in his mid-20s at this point.

Embarrassing Uncle?

GG takes place in the mid to late 50s, right?

She's somewhere around 14 to 16 years old in that time frame, so that'd put her in her late 20s at her youngest when she gets the bracers and becoming Golden Guardian. Then there's the amount of time to establish her new alter ego, so that's even more years put on top of that placing Golden Guardian, at her peak with all of her stuff (side characters, villains exclusive to her in that time period, etc.) established, in her mid 30s.

There is SOME comic-book time at work here.

Why don't Billy and Audrey have kids together?