Which Disney movie takes place the closest to where you live?

Which Disney movie takes place the closest to where you live?

For me it's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, which obviously takes place in Sleepy Hollow, New York which is about 30 miles closer to me than NYC, where Oliver and Company happens.

Aladdin, but whoever thought it was in Persia is a moron, it feels like it's in Iraq near Tigris and Euphrates.

Besides, why is Moana set near the Philippines? It's set in the Pacific Ocean.

Dumbo, The Rescuers and The Princess and the Frog are all pretty close

The Little Mermaid, apparently.

>no Atlantis

Moana should be in Samoa or together with lilo and stitch

South Carolina, so roughly equidistant from Dumbo and Pocahontas.

Honestly always pegged TLM as being closer to Spain/Portugal proper, if not within the Med. Seeing it in the Caribbean is just weird.

There is though, weirdly in the Mediterranean but it's there.

On the map, Toy Story is. But Good Troop and the first part of A Goofy Movie is the closest since they're both in Ohio

Is in the mediterranean

Toy Story is the closest to me.

Frozen.

Took me a while to find it on that map, I was looking for it from the wrong continent. I don't remember, was there any hint of the location anywhere in the movie? Since the fairytale's Danish, I've kinda been assuming the story was set in Denmark too.

>Atlantis took place in the persian gulf?

Pocahontas for me.

Nottingham England, so it's Robin Hood.

Now I haven't seen Dumbo since I was about 6, but fuck apparently it takes place in Florida. And if the specific place it's pointing is accurate at it, remarkably close to me.

me too do you live in Pennsylvanian too

Not sure I agree with some of these placements but the explanations are neat. If Toy Story actually is based on Chagrin Falls that makes it the second piece of major pop culture set there. The first being Calvin & Hobbes.

Is there anything to actually indicate that Wreck-it-Ralph is set in California when the arcade the movie takes place in is obviously a riff on Twin Galaxies in Ottumwa Iowa?

I will avoid PA like the plague.

I assume it's due to all the fish being tropical and more common in the Caribbean and Denmark used to have colonies in the west indies. so Eric might still be a prince of Denmark.

Pinocchio.

Maryland. And Delaware, since I spend just as much time there too.

>Cars/A Bugs Life
I do browse /o/ so I can't complain
>the Mediterranean sea is the Persian gulf
Wut

I'm about 90-120 minutes out from NYC, so I guess Oliver/Crane/Lady & Tramp.

Had no clue Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty were in France, but I wouldn't have been able to guess a country beforehand either; I suppose I would've assumed England.

>Since the fairytale's Danish, I've kinda been assuming the story was set in Denmark too.
That's stupid though. Also if you look at both the underwater and ground level flora & fauna it's obvious it's nowhere near the North Sea. Theres tropical shit everywhere.

Most likely Eric is a prince of some Euro colony or principality or such, but it's somewhere in the west Indies or Caribbean, most likely. Sebastian's accent should be a strong hint

Little Mermaid is a few islands away from where I am

There's a scene where the movie shows the circus train on the map of Florida.

Oh yeah, haven't seen the movie in a while and forgot about all those fish and other animals. Good point

I live in Missouri, so Bambi/The Incredibles.

I love MCU Starlord being from Missouri.

The movie took place on an alternate universe.

>not a single one in eastern Canada
w e w

Would you rather fight a giant goose or one hundred rat-sized geese?

>Live in Siberia
>Mulan is the closest

Hm. Northeast Texas
Closest seems like a tie between Bug's Life and that mouse movie I never remember the name of in Louisiana.

>Moana
>in SEA

need to be much much more to the east.

I seem to be equidistant from both Aladdin and The Jungle Book

At least you have Anastasia, comrade.

>Persia
>not Iraq
Persia used to be the whole Middle East at some point, but Iranians and Iraqis both see themselves as the successors of the empire.

>Little Mermaid
>the Caribbean
LOL. Did the crab's accent confuse someone or what? It had medieval castles and shit, not sea forts and pirates. It's Denmark, just like Andersen intended.

The closest to me is Frozen.

Would you count Iron Man 3?

Osmosis Jones because it takes place inside ur mom, LMAO!

Apparently, Bolt.

...though Who Framed Roger Rabbit is closer.

Are you saying that sailing through the caribbean was not a common thing for europe to do?

Pocahontas

The Princess and the Frog and The Rescuers.
It has come to my attention that I have never seen the first Rescuers and only Down under

Desert aside it's more like Mughal era India really.

It's...very 70s. It's okay, but very 70s. It took me a long time to see the first Rescuers movie.

And now I can all the more appreciate a particular musical call-back during the relay sequence in Down Under.

The new spiderman has my neighborhood all over the trailers, he swings by my train platform

Home on the range. 2d deserved to die if that's what they were going to push out

Wasn't tangled on some island out in fucknowswhere

germany isn't exactly known for either of those qualities

It doesn't even make sense for it to be in the Caribbean. What is Eric supposed to be Prince of, St. Lucia?

Its a tie between Bugs life and cars

>The Pelican and the Snipe
Is in Montevideo, Uruguay. I live there.

Is Lady and the Tramp really supposed to be in New England? I always thought it was early 20th century San Francisco. Don't they look out at the bay during Bella's Notte?

That said where I'm from and where I currently live is apparently closest to Incredibles.

More like Mid-western US, actually. That's as much as there is about location.

Mulan
How is this color coded?
Also why no Russian movie?
Are Disney just trying to make movies for every part of the world so they can do some It's A Small World thing but pure Disney?

Considering all the Disney characters that got shoehorned into the ride, it's not too far off.

Little Matchstick Girl was Russian or something close to. Maybe that doesn't count because it was a short.