Non-shitpost on Admiral Tumblr

Why does she use the phrase "godspeed" in the movie? I've never heard any in-universe references to gods/goddesses and always assumed that Jediism/Sithism were the closest things to religions. It seems like the normal equivalent to "godspeed" is "may the force be with you".

Is her usage of "godspeed" supposed to show she's the in-universe equivalent of an atheist?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amilyn_Holdo
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw alt-right retards think this is the first time ever that a woman in a sci-fi movie has a different color hair

She literally says "May the force be with you" to Leia.

just another F U to people who liked the OT.
>the force is dead
>jedi suck
>tumblrs sacrifice will save you

It's not but it's kind of weird and out place especially when you read why.

>Holdo had blue eyes and light-colored skin, and she was tall. In her youth, Holdo became disinterested with the peaceful culture of her homeworld, so she expressed herself by dyeing her hair vibrant colors, wearing vibrantly-colored clothing, and going on daring escapades.

Source: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amilyn_Holdo

"Then I'll see you in hell!"

T. Han Solo

>non-shit post
>proceed to call her Tumblr
not to say she isn't but come on

in a pathetic 'who talks first?' moment even
>No, I've said it enough already, haha!

What an awful character. Worst part of the movie.

No but this isn't Fifth Element or something. People in star wars almost always don't usually have candy-colored hair.

So you can infer their innate bond without being subjected to the shitty novel about her backstory.

>star wars universe is aware of tumblr memes, diversity and stronk wymen
wow way to insert your own opinions into a fantasy universe. talentless hacks.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
The autists literally came up with a mythology involving the existence of hell on Han's homeworld just to try to explain him using that phase. Guess it's only a matter of time until we find out about the religion of Admiral Tumblr's homeworld.

Thanks for your helpful and on-topic post.

I guess I need to re-watch the movie, my bad.

Believable.

Yeah I never got that either.

Why do wookies sing Christmas carols?

AT THIS POINT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

"*something* Hell" or "Godspeed" are nothing more than common sayings in today's world. People that aren't religious or don't believe in a christian God say this all the time.
I say "Oh my God" a lot, and I'm not even religious. You could argue that this is a vain usage of God's name, but certain expressions are so deeply rooted in your every day life we can't help but include it in our vocabulary.
"But it doesn't make sense they say God as an expression since they don't believe in a God" it doesn't make sense they all talk in English, some with different accents derivating from diverse anglo-frisian places, and using puns and jokes that only work in english. It also doesn't make sense there's a black character that talks like he has grown up in a ghetto, no, it doesn't make sense at all human species in the SW are divided in the same different races and ethnicities as in real life.
Stop overthinking this shit.
Godspeed, user.

You can be nonreligious and use those terms instinctively without knowing or realizing their religious background, but for those terms to come into existence that religious background needed to have existed at some point. Why would Han use a phrase that involves hell if hell as a concept did not exist in the Star Wars universe?

For the same reason they all talk in english, and whatnot, in any language the movie's going to be dubbed.

>What on earth?

It’s the fat female writers gay ass write in of herself

Should've been her natural hair color because lol aliens but now it's just tumblr self insert shit.

>not religious

Wew kys

Is that in the movies?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm no sweetie