Make Mine Marvel Lineup

comicsbeat.com/report-legacy-creative-line-up-will-be-very-familiar-to-marvel-readers/
>So The Beat has never been one to float Reddit rumours, but a post today runs down what seems to be known of the creative lineup for the Legacy relaunch in the fall and from what this says, it’s definitely a relaunch and not a wholesale “Reboot” in the “New 52” manner. Basically, according to this, Bendis, Soule, Spencer and Slott have all indicated they’ll be staying on their beats. Which could be…problematic for some fans who are demanding wholesale change.
>I haven’t had a chance to look at all these links or listen to the podcasts ,s so I’m throwing this up with a grain of salt and to start some discussion. Also, what people say on social media in the spring could very well be a diversion for what’s happening in the Fall.
>At the very least, keeping the controversial and unrepentant Nick Spencer on Captain America is going to require the greatest rebranding of all times.
>The alleged lineup: Iron Man, Miles Morales:Brian Michael Bendis. Daredevil:Charles Soule. Captain America: Nick Spencer. Amazing Spider-Man: Dan Slott.Thor: Jason Aaron. Deadpool:Gerry Duggan.
>Captain America: Nick Spencer
Wait? Why? I understand Slott. But Why is Spencer still on Captain America? Secret Empire is selling less than Batman and the Flash and CW2. And Sam Wilson is selling 21k. So why is Spencer still on Captain America? Why is he being rewarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well fuck 3 of those 4 first names

Nothing changed, then?

Fuck this.

I have absolutely no interest in Legacy without a creative mix-up. I bet it retails at like $8.99 too.

Duggan staying on Deadpool is the only good news.

It stopped being about sales a long time ago and it's just Marvel wanking itself

It's why Slott gets to be on Spider-Man as long as he wants, why Bendis gets the big events and any project and artist he wants, why Waid's Unstoppable creation gets to go indefinitely despite selling worse than a low priority comic like Nova which got cancelled the moment it dropped below 20,000 sales.

Spencer is probably in Brevoort or Alonso's good graces and now with Disney backing them up financially they can afford to be shitty.

Marvel will forever be shitty unless Alonso and Brevoort get replaced, fucking have someone who is not part of Quesada's incestual gang of nepotism and watch as new ideas come pouring in (although we risk them being good or bad, but at least it will be different)

>Duggan staying on Deadpool is the only good news.
That's actually not good news. Put him on something else and let us get something new. What is Legacy supposed to be?

Marvel feels horrifically indulgent with some of their creatives (most notably Bendis) when doing some clean-up and new starts would really benefit them now.

He just got Guardians of the Galaxy

>Iron Man, Miles Morales:Brian Michael Bendis. Daredevil:Charles Soule. Captain America: Nick Spencer. Amazing Spider-Man: Dan Slott.Thor: Jason Aaron. Deadpool:Gerry Duggan
youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE

He should have ASM.

Is Sam staying Cap or will there be two Caps?

All-Old Nothing-Different Marvel!

Who will give up their spider slave first bendis or slott

>Why?
Because like a dumbass he signed an exclusivity contract.

Bendis, Slott is pacing himself and has less stress

>relaunch
>Bendis and Slott still doing the same old shit

Yippee.

>not a wholesale relaunch
>according to this, Bendis, Soule, Spencer and Slott have all indicated they’ll be staying on their beats.
oh, so nothing's going to change, and it's just gonna be a double donw in the guise of a culling of bad ideas.

Marvel should expect a sharp spike in sales followed by a downturn bugger than this one.

just end it already, make mine murder.

>I understand Slott
I don't get it. I'm enjoying Secret Empire way more than CW2. Meanwhile I'm a hardcore Spiderfag and Peterfag and seeing Slott still on the main book is absolute suffering. ASM's sales dropped heavily over the past year and Clone Conspiracy was fucking garbage. Why does Marvel keep retaining these writers? RYV isn't groundbreaking writing and SM/DP is slow as shit, but I enjoy Peter more in those books than his own and that's a problem. Hopefully Spectacular Spider-Man will save his character.

Spectacular FCBD Issue was already better than Slott's stuff.

Soule is alright. I wonder who/what will take the blame when this fails to outsell DC again. Maybe then they will finally realize they need to fire Bendis, Slott and Spencer

>Marvel's big shakeup is just more of the same shit as always
This can't possibly be a surprise to you.

Or at least move them to different books.

That doesn't solve the problem.

I expected Bendis to still be on Miles and Slott on ASM. But Spencer still on Cap?

No. Bendis and Spencer are cancerous and need to fuck off. I have no real opinion on Slott but that's because I'm not too familiar with his work

>chyd zdoog
>writing a good spiderman

So I guess I'll continue to not buying any Marvel and finally give Valiant a shot.

>finally give Valiant a shot.

They will blame Trump and Bleedingcool

Even if Alonso and Brevoort leave. Some others (possibly worse) will take their place.
The problem is that Ike fired most of the editors and let's the monkeys run the zoo.

>I'm enjoying Secret Empire
You deserve all the suffering you get.

Secret Empire is great
Literally everything else is garbage right now

All these faggots crying.

Homosexual, you are gay.

2 caps.

The old heroes from Generations are staying in the future because the new big bad The Maestro is fucking with reality.

The entirety of the corporate side of Marvel is too fucked now.

Shitty executives will continue to promote idiot yes-men who will in turn promote idiot yes-men.

>Marvel should expect a sharp spike in sales followed by a downturn bugger than this one.

I doubt they're going to get much of a spike at all. It's way too transparent on how they're going about things, they didn't even bother covering it up. It doesn't help that Marvel drove away casuals, tge audience that would normally be dumb enough to fall for this, with Secret Empire.