Why can't star wars be like pic related? Strategic battles, character developments...

Why can't star wars be like pic related? Strategic battles, character developments, female characters are wifes or princesses, lots of deaths like actual wars.

LOGH is star wars for the thinking man

This show is way too smart for western audiences. I'm a fairly intelligent man myself yet sometimes I still have trouble following what's going on. Why is everyone who opposes Reinhard and Yang so dumb?

>tfw to intelligent

Where do I start with watching this?

Because SW wants to be entertaining, like entertainment needs to be, not boring and uninteresting

It's not that they are dumb but that Yang and Reinhardo are so smart that mostly everone looks dumb in comparison.

The starting ep. Which is not first ep.

Reinhard is not that smart, he is just bold and charismatic.

Sup Forums pls stop trolling ok
Its time to retire the logh meme

But sometimes their enemies would straight up commit suicide because of their incompetence.

>strategic battles
confirmed for literally never watching logh

just watch it on kissanime.ru for free, otherwise its mostly available in full on youtube - the guide posted was spot on.

The politics and philosophy were good but the battles were literally, I'm going make MAGIC SPACE shit just so Yang can look good

(you)

Is it generally recommended to watch Overture to a New War over the first few episodes? Does it reduce or expand on the story?

Just watch the original series first. It has a timeless quality to it, so you can always watch the extra material afterwards.

That's because Yang and Reinhard are so intelligent that they planned their enemies would die because of their incompetence.

Trying reading the books and forgetting a name

Infact the only way I suggest to read the books is wait till the last 5 are printed and read them all one after the other

It's been years since I watched anything LOGH related so I could be mixing it up with one of the two prequel OVA series, but I remember strongly disliking the movie version of the first two episodes because they erased some of Yang's character flaws, and shit on his friend character just to make him an even bigger Mary Sue.

Ok, I'll just watch everything in order of release then.

think of it like this: ouverture replaces episode 1 and 2 with a much higher animation budget, follows the original novel more closely and eases you into the characters more easily

This show is notorious for it's extremely rich and detailed cast of side characters that could be protagonists of their own shows so you may feel overwhelmed.

That being said, nothing wrong with jumping right in, I did so too, but in retrospect, ouverture and conquest felt like much more organic starting points.

Also beware of spoilers. This series is like a more intelligent version of Game of Thrones in space combined with a clear fascination for history, politics and war produced buy a more subtle man than G.R.R. Martin.

Needs updated, the books are being translated by Viz I literally have the first 5 looking at me right now

Just watch it all mane, you'll never find anything like it again

Because Star Wars was pulpy entertainment from the very beginning and LOGH is one of the most intellectual piece of media ever created. Other than both being in space there's nothing in common between them.

Oberstein is best boy

So much this. Watching anime after Logh is very hard for a period of time. Because it wasn't confined by production difficulties like neon genesis evangelion was or had to play towards a certain established trope in the medium.

>tfw Reinhard will never penetrate you with his huge battleship

Oberstein did literally everything wrong though

He did nothing wrong at any point in the series. If Oberstein had been in command of Iserlohn, Yang would have died.

The strategies are actually entertaining enough and is not supposed to be deep.

Live action series when? Honestly I feel this was wasted as an anime. The characters should have been speaking German, not nip, and this should have been live action.

So what's your take on Oberstein?

Massive Spoilers ahead(!!!!)
Do you think he paid the crony of braunschweig to kill Kircheis, so Reinhard would be more effective as a leader?
Did he purposely mislead the Terraists in the final episodes or did he want to kill off Reinhard and struck a deal with the terraists

That's what I found so great about his whole character, you never know, and it's up to your interpretation, same with the Emile gradually poisoning Reinhard theory.

They have similarities common in title. You could change the title of Logh to star wars and would still about a war in space. Wherein star wars is about jedi magic shit.

The anime has been remade and is coming out next year so no doubt some hollywood jew will see it and want to cash in on it somehow

If Netflix or HBO would pick it up and do a faithful adaptaion, I'd come buckets.

As a german, it was very interesting to see how tanaka, the creator literally studied our culture and history and transposed it into the future. I also heard that he actually learned german in order to write this series of novellizations - The german in the anime was a bit iffy but that could have been due to production limitations/voice actor limitations.

sorry but that show is children, glorious high iq nippon children, but still

What about that one time he needlessly disarmed the greatest military mind of the Reich, causing his death, and almost causing the deathbof the second greatest military mind of the Reich and his own boss?

Die neue These doesn't impress me so far. The characters don't look unique anymore but maybe it'll suprise us all.

>LOGH is one of the most intellectual piece of media ever created
I'm a huge fan of LoGH, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's anything more than Three Kingdoms in space.

I wish james cameron or nolan would make a movie based on LOGH. They could watered it down a little bit just to be entertaining. Make trilogy about it too.

Rules are rules. Kircheis wasn't the target, he got himself killed.

I think he genuinely did everything he could to help the Empire and Reinhard from his own perspective, I don't think he orchestrated kircheis' killing as it could have too easily kill Reinhard. He was manipualtive, secretive and cold but he had good intentions, just an ends justify the means type guy. The Bismarck to Reinhard's Kaiser Wilhelm.

SIEG KAISER REINHARDO

>If Netflix or HBO would pick it up
female Bittenfeld
I'd watch it desu

Women in the Reich military? Are you mad?

Kaiser Wilhelm literally did nothing at all. Bismarck, Moltke and some other guy whose name escapes me did everything of note.

true, a character one seldom sees in anime. Littlefinger done right basically.

It wouldn't work. There're a lot of silly things that get overlooked because it's animated but would stand out if they were in live action, like Yang having a teenager slave who happens to be the smartest person in the world in spite of his age.

>Kaiser Wilhelm literally did nothing at all.
True, Kaiser Wilhelm the 2nd was a much better monarchfu

They could make a live action based on it. Not necessarily copy it. I just want some awesome space battles, space politics, likable characters, a little bit of history, the premise of fascism vs republic, coup de tas, revolutions etc etc.

I'd rather have them make Rubinsky a sassy black woman like they did in the manga.

>female characters are wifes or princesses

if it was made today the whole cast would be children

>Because SW wants to be entertaining
It's got a funny way of showing it.

>needlessly turns Britain into an enemy because of his inferiority complex, thereby sealing the fate of the German Empire
even his liberal loser daddy was a better monarchfu m8

is that manga still ongoing
have they introduced his son yet
is he also a girl
what about the whore

Downloaded this just for you :^)

Wilhelmine age was the peak of human civilisation m8

It's one of the most intellectual animes ever created, but it's no more intellectual than, say, A BOOK.