Metal Slug Cartoon

Whaddya' think, Sup Forums? Would this rule?

Other urls found in this thread:

shmuplations.com/metalslug/
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/interview/interview.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dumping material

>fio
>not Eri
Shit taste.

Meganekkos are literal garbage.

hey buddy wanna know something fun?

there's a few different characteristics between the characters, both personality-wise and physical. For instance, here's Eri.

And here's Fio. Can you tell what the difference between the two are, body-wise?

This isn't just for Metal slug 3D either. This is one of the first bits of concept art of the pair. Compare and contrast.

feet are way too big.

Breast envy

also Tarma and Marco while I'm posting bios.

These are from one of the pachislot games.

You might as well post the sprites

actually a western cartoon would suck. now that I think about it. I'd prefer over this. Nevermind.

Metal slug Attack/defense art is low-tier garbage.

No, because the artstyle would inevitably be the pussified animelite look the series had from 4 onwards.

Nazca look or bust.

play the games

I've done it more times than i should be proud of

What's there not to be proud of? 1 - 3 are the best video games ever.

Iunno, this looks pretty cool.

also anime was always a part of Nazca, it didn't come later.

this is art you find in the gallery of 2 and X

Could be fun. But it would be criticized for being a militaristic comedy that glorifies war.

this guy knows what's up

Those are just small bits of nonessential art, when the post-Nazca games used the newer artstyle for stuff like main illustrations.

It just doesn't communicate the same gritty WW2-era feeling, and the spriteart and scenarios of 4-7 reflect that.

Wouldn't a cartoon just end up as some G.I. Joe rip-off? I guess it's not the 80s and early 90s anymore, but I don't see what other format it'd take.

>Not Tarma.

This Tarma is great.

Metal slug stopped being an exclusive ww2-era parody once 2 rolled on by though. It's really bold, how much stuff they incorperated into the series. Cute playable girls, Rumi Aikawa, supernatural elements, MARTIANS... Metal slug is more of a love letter to action movies than anything.

Metal slug 8 coming NEVER.

Also, why this franchise seems big in south america, it's crazy, the fanbase seems only made of tacos eating gentlemen.

Fun fact: the reason why they look so sad if you pick them is because they know they're going to die and they don't want to go on the mission.

More fun facts: the characters are government agents for the World Government and theses fuckers are corrupt as fuck and everyone knows this and sick of them. The general's son was murdered by them and he only reason why he keeps on getting more and more people to fight for him is because they're all sick if the WG too

Arcades are still big there so of course the big arcade games (Metal slug, King of Fighters) are still big.

Marco and Tarma may have that look, but Eri get upset while Fio's glasses break. It's not the case.

shmuplations.com/metalslug/
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/interview/interview.htm

They just wanted the select screen to look unique and unexpected.

metal slug has always been a staple of arcades in SA

SEE YOU IN HELL

Because kids and teens used to loved arcade games (maquinitas), same reason why The king of fighters still a thing here.

Those aren't fun facts, is the lore.

>some people actually prefer that character select to this one

This is how to distinguish patricians from plebs

just ask which select screen he/she prefers

Just looking at this screen makes me wanna beat 1 through 3.

arcades are pretty big in south america, I guess because a lot of the population can't afford more expensive consoles, or high-end PC's, or the services that are required to make those worthwhile (mostly a solid internet connection).

Another "villain" who did nothing wrong

there was this mexican guy that would come in to the pizza place I worked at almost everyday and beat the of II (i think) arcade version with just one quarter

Mandatory pic

any thoughts of why Eri is the least popular character?

Yes, Fio is clearly superior.

It's nothing but an image dump thread.
>>/vg/

>finally find Metal Slug Advance at local game shop for $20
>Saving doesn't work
My heart broke
Exchanged it for the also-rad Gunstar Super Heroes, but it's not the same.

>not replacing the battery yourself

Rebel Army > Filthy mercs of Regular Army

>This isn't just for Metal slug 3D
>Metal slug 3D
>3D
whaaaaaaat?

Didn't realize that was something you can do.

Damn it.

nah user, even with all that technology and crazy allies, they still fucking lose.

Fight for Bill Clinton

>when your video games heroes are older than you
I always hate when I realize this.

>When video game heroes are younger than you

What is the best machine to surpass even?
the Metal Slug, or the Metal Gear?

I love how Morden's soldiers love him so much much that they even will ally with their mortal enemy just to rescue him

>>Saving doesn't work
YOU FOOL!
Don't you see it's the perfect arcade experience. Now you acn trully feel the thrill of playing this game and running out of life. If you die in the game, you die in real life

Yeah, that's what I meant.

This. I always loved the part when they help you defeat the final Alien space ship in 2.
that independence day reference.

I hate this select because is confusing as fuck and half the time I don't have the slightest fucking idea of where in the fucking screen I am.
FUCK.

Yeah.

It's got violence, it's got humor, it's got big war machines, it's even got waifus if you like that kind of stuff.

The only issue is that it could really only air on Adult Swim on Saturdays, no other channel would take it b/c violent comedy

have you guys seen some of the OC they've been making for Metal Slug Attack?

cuz lemme tell ya

this game

sucks donkey butt

it's really bad

what a retard

serious garbo

don't play it

I think they could do it if they just made the blood white and called it sweat

Metal Slug had a pretty solid presence in the US too, when golf places and restaurants still had arcades I'd see cabinets for the series.

user, stop
my dick

Bonaparte? Is that you?

yeah i know what you mean. it'd be kinda' neat to see these characters in mainline games but besides the mummy cat there's no real room for any of these other characters.

I remember playing these games with my big brother
We used to call this guy Rambo

Also, X is literally the best Metal Slug

here's an interview for you