ITT: Unpopular Opinions

>I thought New 52 Batman was not very good and Death of the Family and Court of Owls are mediocre story arcs. And I hate, HATE New 52 Joker

You know you spend too much time on Sup Forums when you realize this is actually an unpopular opinion. Why do Normies have such shit taste?

Sorry if I was wrong, but I thought Sup Forums loved Snyder and his Batman run

But Sup Forums told me the first New 52 books were shit.

[Rebel Rebel starts playing]

everyone has shit taste. including me especially you. welcome to the internet.

It was liked for the first arc. Once Night of the Owls happened consensuses is it went downhill. And Death of the Family was one of the most hated stories of the entire New 52 era.

I like captain marvels hair and prefer this over having it down

Agree. I am completely uninterested in the overall storyline of Rebirth and would prefer they just ignore it all and skip straight to writing the new canon without doing all this justification for it.

Legitimately not sure if this is actually an unpopular opinion, it's sorta hard to tell with Sup Forums, but I think Bruce Wayne should have stayed dead after Final Crisis. His passing and the way the DC universe grappled with it was pretty artfully done, which is hard to do in comics, and accordingly rare.

It's also a much more popular observation that Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne made a fantastic duo as Batman and Robin, I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing it become permanent. If nothing else, it might have made Bruce's return have more of an impact if they'd left him dead for, say... Twenty years or so, instead of just one or two.

Overall, yes. There were some standout issues of Death of the Family that Sup Forums enjoyed. The Batman and Robin issue by Tomasi for example.

Birth of Venom is a terrible story. TAS did it way better.
Demon In a Bottle has some good moments, but I'm pretty sure here have been later stories that deal with Stark's alcoholism WAY better.
The Man Without Fear was clearly written at the time Miller went fucking insane, why do people even like this piece of shit? It features a Daredevil tying up a guy for bullying Foggy and throwing him in the snow naked. He feels like he could scream "I'M GODDAMN DAREDEVIL!!!" any time in the story. And the art is ugly, too.

DC needs a true reboot if they're gonna do it again. I'm talking "Dick is Robin and Wally I is Kid Flash" reboot. I'd prefer it to go back to a solid Year One with 'em as kids, but can handle an "early years" timeframe to give Dick and Wally some experience and age. Since they restored the Pre-Flashpoint fifteen years of age, though, age the in-universe to another ten years before doing so.

Speaking of, nobody cares about the O5 Titans that aren't Dick or Wally I. In said reboot world, focus on those two with the New Teen Titans quartet and put Supergirl in place of Wonder Girl, and you've got the ultimate Titans team with THE sidekicks and young heroes people actually care about.

Damian's generation of Titans and sidekicks are fun but accidentally aged the DCU too much for good. It's gonna be a permanent "fifteen years" or so now like how Tim Drake aged the DCU to a permanent decade or so.

Wait, wait, wait.

This is an unpopular opinion? Normalfags actually liked these?
What the fuck?

My impression is yes, people liked it. Moreso outside of Sup Forums

>I don't blame Alex for not wanting to continue with Gravity Falls. He seems like the kind of guy that would be guilt ridden if he didn't personally double, triple, and quadruple check every episode until he snaps and just doesn't give a fuck anymore.
>New Captain Marvel's design is fine. New Captain Marvel herself is a cunt. She literally murdered a superhero for mildly sassing her, in the name of national patriotism.
>This gets more confusing when she starts playing the humanitarian role with alien refugees, and I am convinced there's an argument somewhere over her future character direction
>I like Steven Universe, Samurai Jack, and Rick and Morty.
>Moral Orel only really stands out because of it's final season where it takes a far darker tone.
>The Boba Fett robot chicken sketches are amusing for the first 10 seconds where they make fun of fans for wanking over a character with less screen time than a censored PG version of a Serbian film. They then become obnoxious
>Kylo Ren was great. The whole point was the fact that he's not able to be a villain; even after he killed his dad, the only way he was able to muster enough dark side powers was to wack his wounds repeatedly. He's a reverse Anakin in this sense, desperately desiring the Dark Side powers for some unseen purpose, but unable to use them despite being obviously gifted (see the blaster shot stop)
>I don't think Rey is a Mary Sue, but I am completely uninterested in her origins.
>The old republic and jedi order stuff was one of the more interesting aspects linked to the prequels, and I wish they'd stop blowing that shit up in films.
>The clones and droids as side characters where always more interesting cannon fodder than the original trilogy troops.
>Jar Jar may have had great value as an insidious sith, but would still have been irritating as they have not given him one interesting talent to make him an idiot savant, rather than just an idiot.
>Rocknaldo was a fun episode.

>New spongebob and PPG isn't bad

>Both Batman and the Joker sucks. Harley Quinn too.

How could anyone like the court of owls? Their origin was stupid as all fuck.

I'll one up you and say that this version of Carol is a great example of passing on the mantle, and the first time Carol has actually had character traits other than being a set of tiddies with legs.

This is pretty common among this board and comic fans, but I agree.

Demon in a Bottle is regarded highly because it was pretty daring for the time, and the alcoholism was portrayed in a pretty nuanced way (again, for the time)

you're very right about Kylo, and he's positioned to be the most compelling character in the entire franchise.

Speaking of unpopular opinions on SW
Finn is a shit character and his turn to the light side never feels 'impressive', 'brave' or 'daring' because we never him get actual character development. One scene he's perfitied of blood in a battlefield, next scene he has no fucking problem killing former comrades of his.
But when I looked up what people thought of this, all I could find was SJWs singing praises to how great his non-existant arc was and how it impressed them. How are people so blind that they praise his character yet fail to see that he's a 100% by-the-book violation of the 'show not tell' principle? We're never shown how exactly he copes with still having to kill, even when on the light side. That's not even considered worth showing, like of couse real life people just automatically cope with it.

Batman Earth One was great.
I like Fraction's Iron Man run a lot. It had a disappointing ending but it was still pretty good overall.
New 52 wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but I really don't get all the fuss, it was pretty much par for the course.

Tangled has fantastic characters in an otherwise dumb movie, it's not that good

Cars 2 is underappareciated, I feel people only want to hate it because Matter is played by Larry the Cable Guy

King Pin is the only good down to earth no super powers villain who doesn't act like a Maniac

Johnny Test isn't that bad of a show, it has surprisingly decent character development throughout later episodes

Batman vs Superman isn't a bad movie, it's terrible made, but it's not a bad movie

I tried skub and honestly it wasn't that bad

Tangled was boring and predictable, the songs were ok at best.

Aren't stormtroopers trained to be remorseless killers or some shit?

I 100% agree with this.

"Battle for the Cowl" was pretty cool and really done some more if Bruce didn't start coming to life in the past half way through.

I honestly didn't like BvS.

How so very dare you

Yeah. Guess what happened when they started recruiting actual people instead of clones bred to be killers.

I prefer the new 52 Lobo over the original.