I missed the shitstorm for this, how was it?

I missed the shitstorm for this, how was it?

Aaron shat himself and wondered if his Whor was a nazi too.

People burned the book and posted on twitter.

All of them looked like tumblerinas.

The comic itself was terribly mediocre, not worth the controversy it's creating

Did he seriously not know beforehand? That's hysterical.

So it was like every other Marvel event book since Civil War?

What makes you think he'd know?

Marvel's editors literally do not even do their job.

GEE I WONDER WHY

They still have editors?

This is a huge middle finger to Jason Aaron, desu.

Annihilation is literally the only big book event that was good.

Drones bent over backwards to defend it, tumblrites burned the issuse, Nick Spencer sucked his own dick about it

I don't know about this issue, what's so controversial about it? Didn't in other times Captain America already had lifted the hammer?

he's a villain in this one

oh. Was it already explained whatever nick fury told thor so he couldn't lift the hammer anymore?

Gorr was right

Yes. It was that Gorr was right that the Gods are ultimately petty assholes that don't care about anyone or anything that isn't themselves,and that's why Thor's such a tryhard, because deep down he knows he's not selfless and good, it's all about his ego.

And I guess in his doubt, and acceptance that the Gods are not good or worthy, he kind of lumped himself in with it, and lost the ability to hold Mjolnir.

>Gorr was right that the Gods are ultimately petty assholes that don't care about anyone or anything that isn't themselves,and that's why Thor's such a tryhard, because deep down he knows he's not selfless and good, it's all about his ego.
>He turned him into Loeb's Ultimate Thor

As I understand it, because this time Cap is in Hydra, therefore he's a Nazi, therefore this means Marvel thinks Nazis are worthy, therefore Marvel is Nazis.

Thor kind of came into the same contempt people had the Ultimate Thor. They're all not worthy enough to hold the hammer, they're just powerful assholes.

Remember that time when Thor literally helped the Nazis during WW2?

The way Mjolnir works is that you have to be completely selfless in lifting it. It can't be done with selfish intent.

In Steve's weird warped reality and mind, he's doing this out of love to make the world and humanity better. This is a kindness from his point of view. Most people who say they want that are secretly selfish or power hungry, but basically this is just normal cap's mentality, but switched to supporting a fascistic/Darwinian train of thought

And so it's technically a selfless act despite being inherently fucked up.

he was rused by Hitler

If the hammer confers upon the wielder the power of Thor, doesn't that make them a god on a technicality and thus unable to lift the hammer, as Gorr was right?

People in Marvel tend to be rused pretty easily.

don't think about it too hard, Aaron didn't

As I understand, that doesn't matter to the people.

If it can be perceived as maybe possibly supporting nazism in any way whatsoever, regardless of whether it obviously doesn't, than it's bad. Because as everyone knows the US is officially a fascist, nazi nation.

Which book was this again?

it's just another instance of Spencer wanting to have his cake and eat it too
>see, Steve isn't a Nazi, he killed Red Skull!
>puts American citizens in camps because of their genetic heritage
>see, Steve isn't a bad guy, he picked up Mjolnir!
>saved from killing a guy in a coma by narrative contrivance
>executes Rick Jones
>razes an American city to the ground because the Champions were there for a few minutes
>those last two are bowing to pressure from his subordinates
Spencer keeps insisting that HydraCap is the same Steve Rogers as before, just with different values, but as presented, he's a cowardly, spineless, treacherous, dishonest, mass-murdering asshole.

Is Hydra Cap actually a good read?

If you get the appeal from Nazis, then yes.
If you get triggered by Nazis, then no.

Btw, Nazis=/=Hydra, but making it seem like they are the same gives the book more attention

It was glorious.

it's ok

there's a lot of narrative contrivance to absolve Cap from being a complete villain, though

hurr durr

Is it well written?

Even if you are not a Nazi, you can see appeal from fiction about them and vice versa.

But he made that sad face when Rick said he was his hero.

I was more referring to how after Thor proved he was a god he dropped the hippie act and spent his time on the three B's. Battle, beer, and boobs

This please