Samurai Jack: C Pre-Premeire Discussion #2

Last thread hit bump limit.

>Promo:
youtu.be/0fzIpr5UJQg [Open]

>Samurai Jack's worst fear is realized when he faces off against Aku; the demon makes a shocking discovery about Ashi that puts her in grave danger.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12959726
episodate.com/tv-show/samurai-jack
samuraijack.cardinalperception.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=0qFbQMExRIE
watchtoonamionline.com/
imgur.com/a/JFCWe
watchtoonamionline.com
rabb.it/iop_
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm trying to imagine Ashi killing people while wearing a turtleneck and it it isn't working.

What is she wearing?

>Do we even have any source what so ever that genndy knows berzerk or even like anime?

When discussing the tone for S5, he specifically referenced...I wanna say two different entries into FMA to explain how he didn't want to do a sudden, drastic, deep tone shift.

Yeah he specifically mentioned that he knows kids still watch the show, so he didn't want to go super grimdark

She's pregnant so it doesn't matter

Screenshot this

Really no surprise for him to be at least passingly familiar with anime. Genndy's a man who grew up when becoming an animator was hard, unforgiving work and his favorite part was the fucking storyboarding, so I can understand why he might have an interest in foreign approaches to animation even if Jack draws more on film than anything for stylistic touchstones.

I'm not saying he wouldn't use anime influences or even berserk influences. But he is absolutely not going to pull an eclipse

Where can I see the leaks?

How many potatoes till Start Time?

No, I 100% agree. He's mentioned more than once that he doesn't like rolling dark for the sake of it, and this whole season is about Jack (and Ashi's, for that matter) triumph.

I won't be surprised if Ashi dies, but I don't expect it to stick if it happens.

strawpoll.me/12959726
strawpoll.me/12959726
strawpoll.me/12959726
strawpoll.me/12959726

>Where can the leaks be found?

OOGA BOOGA WHERE THE LEAKS AT?!

episodate.com/tv-show/samurai-jack

>No option for "all of the above"

Looks like Adult Swim is better than CN at keeping their pipes in check, cause we're going in almost completely blind.

Where the stream at?

Ashi is Jack's daughter.
Screenshot this.

Guys...

see

I know it's kinda late now that we're on the penultimate episode of the series, but I found this usable website from when I tried searching for pics of the Guardian and was too lazy to make screenshots of my own.

samuraijack.cardinalperception.com/

Recommended browsing for people who STILL haven't watched the original series or have watched only a select some of them.

I swear to fucking god

They wouldn't consider doing the same shit twice, right?
R-right?

10 Bucks if lightning struck twice.

>OH SHIT WE WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB TONIGHT!

I will destroy everything

>IMDb
It's fake, guys.

This episode is going to continue the trend of quality isn't it? It's going to be the worst so far.

The "secret" is that she exist, you moron. She isnt nearly as powerful as him and can be used as a leverage against jack.

Aku will get jack to surrender for her life. We have concept art of jack chained in the pits of hate.

Why is the Rick and Morty artstyle so fucking ugly?

The episode doesn't hit for three more hours, right?

>when the samurai whips it out and you're pretty sure you're gonna need more prep time

Episode is in 3 hours, 5 minutes as of this post.

>Tfw pickle rick is going to play tonight instead of Jack.

Hi Austin

ty

Sup Decklin.

But I'm in France.

And should probably go to bed.

>there is never going to be a full soundtrack release of seasons 1-5. No full Jack & the Rave catalogue. No full desert suite, no cleaned-up vagabond, no club suite from episode 2, no - youtube.com/watch?v=0qFbQMExRIE

Post jashi

Two is better than one.

I loved the battle cat bit a lot.

Genndy said that a soundtrack for season 5 would be released. Which is great, I want to hear a full version of the music after the flashback with his father on episode 3, and the fight with the tiger men.

>can clearly see she is commando
GENNNDDDYYYYYYY

This is the first time I'll be watching this week without being near a Cable tv. Will a Toonami stream link be on the next sticky?

>it was at this moment, Jack realized there had always been an ass-kicking-ninja-girl-who-wears-leaves-shaped hole in his heart

Probably not.

Nope. Let me do you and other begfags a solid: watchtoonamionline.com/

OP streams old Toonami bumpers for a few hours running up, then some other stuff - Doctor SJW, Jojo, PSG, and Luluco usually.

What does the Adult swim schedule say?

S O O N

>polyshit.

>sit through hours of shit in anticipation for episode 9
>screen goes black
>excited as fuck
>this fucking shit starts playing

[AKUTISTIC SCREECHING]

If Jack dies fighting Aku I will fucking lose my shit

I got some spoilers for tonight's episode.

Main plot points you expect this episode
>Jack and Ashi settling what their relationship consists of now
>Scaramuche telling Aku the news of Jack's sword
>Discovering the fate of the Guardian
>First interaction between Jack and Aku in 50 years

-Hints that Ashi may be pregnant
-Jack being presented with a chance that a portal may have survived
-Jack or Ashi falling into Aku's clutches

I'd say something else will kill Jack while he's fighting Aku. Jack's trumped Aku on their every encounter; it wouldn't make sense for Aku to beat Jack now with over 50 years of experience. Maybe the High Priestess throws a knife at him from behind while as he's striking the final blow. He comes down with the pain but still managed to stab Aku as he falls.

She's wearing a sweater...

WHY IS SHE WEARING A SWEATER?!

Friendly reminder that it's happening again.
>imgur.com/a/JFCWe

>-Jack being presented with a chance that a portal may have survived
I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm convinced that Jack started being interested in Ashi in a romantic way only because he felt he was stuck in the future and there was no way to go back to the past, so he'd have nothing to lose.

kek

The only other options probably were either being naked or leaving Jack in his underwear.

Aku will do nothing wrong

>jack finds ruins of the guardian's portal
>guardian is still alive, in a constant rage because aku somehow destroyed his portal
>ashi saves jack and beats the guardian
>realize the only choice is to defeat aku and make a better future
>they find aku
>there is a fucked up cliff hanger

at least we get to see aku again in this episode (apparently)

>TV-14
We post-coitus.

post leaks

TV-14 V, not S

Post streams

So?

Just sucked the fun out.

>guardian is still alive, in a constant rage because aku somehow destroyed his portal

I support this one, but I'd replace it for Aku having stolen the portal because for some reason Aku was unable to destroy it. It would provide Jack with an even better reason to go after Aku since he's in possession of the last time portal.

just watch it on TV you fuck

I don't think they're going to pull the same shit twice. Their excuse last time was April Fool's Day. They have no excuse this time.

>

The schedule on their website says that episode nine is set to premiere at 11:00PM.

watchtoonamionline.com
rabb.it/iop_

I miss that armor. It was so cool.

Jack should have kept the beard

fuck no

I still think the Scotsman and family have prepared one for him so he can wear it as he's heading the charge against Aku.

Did we get any screenshots like with the rest?

Nope.

I don't think it's only because of that, but I don't think Jack would have let himself get attached otherwise, or at least he would have tried harder to resist it.

Honestly, going by old Jack's MO, he probably would have disappeared on Ashi as soon as he was sure she was safe, informed, and could make it on her own.

But he just found a new one.

What about these things?

Has anyone considered that Jack is actually the enemy of everyone in this timeline. He has helped them. They adore him. But if he goes to the past, he will undo millenia. They will cease to exist. I hope he never goes back.

Just of Ashi in a turtleneck sweater

if only ashi were a third as well written as Casca

(you)

are you implying ashi is anywhere near casca on writing and character

Well, he did try to do that. He in fact did it. It wasn't until a few hours later than Ashi caught up wit him in the campfire and demanded to stick to him for a while longer until he could prove to her that Aku was evil.
While I believe in Jack's altruism, I think one of the reasons he kept her around was also because when he was with her he didn't suffer any more hallucinations.

You can still get sexual content in a TV-14, the advisory is just there for unusual quantities.

Neither of them suffered their hallucinations while interacting with the other, it's interesting.

I've never read nor watched Berserk. Would you mind giving me a rundown of the character?

love interest of the main character who gets mindbroken by the villain

Its as if they were meant to be a couple

Checkmate