-- Part 14: Sinner Takes All
-- Part 15: Along Came A Spider & Rune VS Venom
-- Part 16: The Hunted
-- Part 17: The Hunger, Tooth & Claw & On Trial
-- Part 18: Agent Brock
-- Part 19: Sinister Six
-- Part 20: Death of Ann & Jenkins' The Hunger
-- Part 21: Daniel Ways' Venom & Venom vs Carnage

Keeping things going. Here are the relevant pages from Mark Miller's Marvel Knights run.

I respect you Shocker.

And the super clingy hyperemotional symbiote was OK with this?

Never addressed. The story is random and completely incongruous with Eddie's characterization before this.

It's kind of a cute look for him.

why do all the faces look so feminine?

it's like I'm reading everyone's a trap fan fiction

Rest of the issue has nothing to do with Brock or the symbiote, so skipping it.

Farewell, Angelo. We hardly knew ye.

Wait a second that fatso...

And just for reference, this is where the symbiote went.

So why's the symbiote acting like this, anyway? What made him change from being a kinda warped protector of innocents?

Not to mention he got extremely eloquent by itself all of a sudden. I'm all for making his intellect grow with time but it sucks when they make him dumber after showing him talk perfectly.

Brock doesn't show up in a single comic for a solid two years. Most everyone thought he was actually dead after they show him slitting his wrists ( ).

But we see that isn't quite the case.

There is no explanation. Writers just stopped giving any fucks at all about symbiote lore/continuity. After Paul Jenkins' The Hunger story ( ) the Venom symbiote is basically just a rage monster and went full on evil... just 'cause.

>Venom symbiote is basically just a rage monster and went full on evil... just 'cause.
...Well, that's retarded.

Well, lets be fair. There are only a handful of comics in general that have actual dialogue from the Venom symbiote. And its pretty inconsistent how the thing acts. For all we know, its always been super eloquent when it talks.

I personally prefer the short sentence fragments from Separation Anxiety (like here for example ), though, feels more alien to me.

If anyone's interested, the OP pic is from some European Spider-Man comic. I'm from Russia and they used to publish it here in 2000s. The artist of this pic, Andy Tong, is basically the best thing about the whole comic as the stories were often very simple and lasted no more than 12 pages. I don't know if there are English scans for it, but I remember it's from a story told from Venom's point of view where he saves Spider-Man from Carnage.

It really is. And reasons like that are why newer readers don't like Eddie. They're under the assumption that its always been like that and are usually completely unfamiliar with how Eddie and the symbiote's relationship -actually- was for decades.

This is the whole reason I wanted to do this retrospective in the first place, to demonstrate how fucked the character got by awful writing.

Accurate. The comic is actually out of 616 continuity, but I picked the image because it was kinda fitting thematically for what stuff is happening in the storytime, as Eddie takes a look hard look at himself and doesn't really like what he sees.

well I appreciate your work good sir.

Thanks!

Stop being such a cunt, symbiote. I thought you just wanted friendship

That's not the actual symbiote, its Eddie's subconscious while he's having a mental breakdown. The symbiote was with Gargan during this.

>What he would do without you

Not sell his marriage to Satan?

kek. So true.

This is the last Brock story we will be reading that isn't in the Mephisto-verse.

she wants that BBC spidey

I will never be okay with that.

>I will never be okay with that.
Right there with you, user.

Honestly, he should spend that seance to consult uncle Ben. Only he can make Peter get his shit together.

To be completely honest, regardless of the all the shit that brought us into this situation and the context for it, the image of a terminally ill and skeleton-looking Eddie wearing a nylon black Spidey suit is very powerful.

If this wasn't capecomic world where everyone gets revived constantly, it would be an amazing way to finish Eddie's story for good, protecting some innocent in that state before biting it.

Absolutely. Despite all the editorial assfuckery and bad writing leading up to this issue, this story is actually really, really well done. Good art, great writing and a great potential send off to Eddie.

Why hello uncanny valley.

Same guy from Venom vs Carnage I take?

>Same guy from Venom vs Carnage I take?
Yup, that's Clayton Crain.