ITT: we prove the prequels are better than nu-wars. I'll start

ITT: we prove the prequels are better than nu-wars. I'll start.

Across the Stars is the GOAT Star Wars song

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their characters actually have emotions (even if they’re stupid ones) and take their situations seriously instead of just making Marvel quips all the time.

Tell me something you dont like about the prequels and i'm sure for 90% (unlike soy wars) there is an explanation.

RotS is the best star wars movie

yoda shoud've kicked sheev's ass in that 1v1, you know it only happened to progress the plot and get to ep4.

I'm not saying the prequels are better, but they have original contest at least.

Hershlag > Ridley

consistency in where the story goes from beginning to end. less plot holes across all three films vs one NuWars (TLJ) flick. Incredible sound design. special effects were ground breaking at the time, and hold up well imo. has a consistent aesthetic. massive world building. the fucking empeor. I mean these movies are flawed but they are fucking kino compared to NuWars. We didn't deserve George.

are you insane? half of the movies are quips.
>agressive negotions hurr
>*anakin falls down shaft* oh its you!
>haha the negotions WERE short
I'd post more but it hurts to think about

I'll take a coherent and creative vision with less than ideal execution over dull, derivative ideas executed poorly.

At least George was trying to do something and tell a story, nu-wars is completely pointless sjw shit.

trips confirm

If Yoda could beat Sheev then there would be no need to train Luke

I listened to the song, I don't see how it's that much better than other ones. Seems pretty standard movie music to me.

really my only problem with the PT is the inconsistencies it creates in the OT (which are minor but none the less irritating for the ultra autistic). My main beef is 3PO living at Lars' Homestead. the strange passage of time where obi ages seemingly 30+ years in 20 and Leia remembering her mother somehow. Also what happened to all those clones and why doesn't R2 mention anything to Luke about how he knew his father and mother since they were children.

One thing I've noticed about VII and VIII is that the plot is clearly not planned out and it looks like they're just jumping all over the place looking for an actual thread to follow, and considering the way VIII ended it's going to be a clustferfuck in IX. I-III had consistency and you could tell it was all planned ahead even if the minor details weren't fleshed out before they started seriously discussing the film so there was always a solid core intact.

I think its made that way to close the circle about the Force prophecy. A sith (Plagueis) creates Anakin, Jedi trains Anakin believing a prophecy about balancing the Force would mean one side would be totally eradicated (speaks volume on how these jedi are retarded), Anakin bring balance to the force (2 sith and 2 jedi in the end of RotS) and then he kill the last sith (in RotJ). So the sith creates their own destruction but everything is set in motion only because jedi are retarded.

I cant tell jack shit about any off the nu-wars characters, there is literally nothing special about them

don't defend NuWars faggot. PT has some poor dialog but all has been forgiven in the wake of TLJ.

>yoda has a fraction of sheevs body mass
that's why he lost, they have equal power but if your fighting that high up it doesn't work.

>why doesn't R2 mention anything to Luke about how he knew his father and mother since they were children

Weren't the droids memory wiped out in the end of III?

>why doesn't R2 mention anything to Luke about how he knew his father and mother since they were children.
Spelled out at the end of ROTS. C3PO and R2 had their memories wiped.
>Also what happened to all those clones
Program was decommissioned. Kamino went against the Empire and was subjugated. Some clones retired and others chose to continue fighting alongside the Imperial army as commanders.

>Spelled out at the end of ROTS. C3PO and R2 had their memories wiped.
only 3PO does, R2 even laughs at him

Only C3PO.

lmao

The new movies have inconsistencies everywhere, like they were just making it up as they went, without thinking about what they just did. Like when Rey play pretend star pilot, then is completely uninterested in an astro droid or leaving Jakku. Also, Captain Phasma's armor can deflect lazers so why was she scared of getting shot in TFA?

The prequels had some bad dialogue, a few inconsistencies with the OT, and Jar Jar. Everything else was fine. I get why people don't like them, but they are objectively better than the new movies.

>The Prequels aren't complete fucking garbage because of John Williams' score and because Ewan McGregor is a competent actor!!!

When will this fucking meme end?

You're right, they're better because of a lot of other reasons too

there is unironically nothing wrong with the phantom menace.

bait

They are literally turning Star Wars into Twilight with the new movies. Rey is the mary sue lead character and all the boys want to be with her. The edgy Kylo, the friendly Finn, and the dashing Poe. If you like teen romance written for girls, then you'll love the new movies.

This guy.

>John Williams' score and because Ewan McGregor is a competent actor!!!
Precisely. The sequels don't have any music and good actors are playing very limited roles.

all the music from the prequels is great. nu star wars hasnt made a single memorable theme so far

I love this bait
>The Prequels aren't complete fucking garbage
That is true, just not a very high bar.

>ITT: we prove the prequels are better than nu-wars
Done

- Even at their most questionable editing, the prequels never were anywhere as drawn-out and plain boring as TLJ (over picking apart the million inconsistencies and political agenda people tend to forget that TLJ above all is just fucking boring).

- New designs. New planets. New setups for action scenes. Every next movie tried its best to show the viewers something they have never seen before. NuWars is remarkably weak on this front, and even when they try, results often are too fucking retarded even for space opera. Compare the Republican gunship (aka Mi-24 in space) with the Resistance bomber (aka B-17s in space). The former manages to clearly show its inspiration (with an extra wink for viewers with longer memories who remember that the Empire paralleled USSR among other things) while making sense in the context of the setting. The latter misses the "making sense" part.

- The prequels tried to take themselves seriously, with various degrees of success (the actors failed to do enough drugs to speak corny lines with total conviction this time; or maybe they just could not shake off the feeling of being in the fairy tale of their childhood). nuWars don't even try. Meta reasoning shows its ugly mug constantly.

- Natalie Portman may be not a very good actor, or at least not at her best in PT, but she sure is sexy. And her outfits sure can make me forgive some of AotC's flaws. Meanwhile, nuWars somehow managed to turn Daisy Ridley, who, to my surprise, turned out to be cute and at least capable of imitating a fun personality in public IRL, into the fucking Alien Queen.

Pleb. Better than Duel of the Fates, imo.

Creative world designs and concepts
Fleshed out characters with consistency throughout. Unlike the sequels which cant keep a story going longer than the 1 flick
Originality
Good sense of pace. Doesnt all happen in an instant like bullshit tfa
No forced diversity quotas and using the movies to push an agenda
Soundtracks
Lightsaber duels

I could go on. Its contrarian to suggest that the sequels are better than the prequels, or ot for that matter

I like the dialogue in the prequels, I like its focus on politics. This is one of my favorite scenes:

Anakin: What kind of nonsense is this? Put me on the Council and not make me a Master? It's never been done in the history of the Jedi, it's insulting.
Obi-Wan: Oh calm down Anakin, you have been given a great honor. To be on the Council at your age, it's never happened before. The fact of the matter is, you are too close to the Chancellor. The Council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs.
Anakin: I swear to you...I didn't ask to be put on the Council.
Obi-Wan: But it's what you wanted. You friendship with Chancellor Palpatine seems to have paid off.
Anakin: He has nothing to do with this.
Obi-Wan: The only reason the Council has approved your appointment is because the Chancellor trusts you.
Anakin: And?
Obi-Wan: Anakin, I am on your side, I didn't want to put you in this situation.
Anakin: What situation?
Obi-Wan: The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellor's dealings. They want to know what he's up to.
Anakin: They want me to spy on the Chancellor? That's treason.
Obi-Wan: We are at war, Anakin.
Anakin: Why didn't the Council give me this assignment when we were in session?
Obi-Wan: This assignment is not to be on record.
Anakin: The Chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan. He befriended me, he's watched out for me ever since I arrived here.
Obi-Wan: That is why you must help us....Anakin, our allegiance is to the Senate, not to its leader, who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired.
Anakin: The Senate demanded that he stay longer.
Obi-Wan: Yes but use your feelings Anakin, something is out of place.
Anakin: You're asking me to do something against the Jedi Code, against the Republic, against a mentor, and a friend, that's what's out of place here.

III was honestly kino, the march on the jedi temple was perfect
>inb4 muh anakin killing kids is edgy

I feel like if they didn't show that scene we wouldn't really understand how far he would go

Trips of truth

The prequels are still bad movies so it doesn't matter how much better or worse they are than nu star wars. They are no t worthy of being a benchmark.

This

This but unironically

I miss the lore/environmental focus on the prequels. In the new movies I remember virtually none of the locations because they just gloss over everything

Give up user. This board is filled with people that saw the prequels before they were even 13 and as a result are incredibly nostalgic for them.
I guess I'll say that on a personal level I do prefer ROTS more than the new movies but I and II are still objectively bottokm of the barrel.

This is cringe/10

The prequels are worse than the new star wars movies. If you disagree you're a contrarian memelord.

The sequels are worse than the prequels. If you disagree you're a super contrarian memelord.

what fetishes did anakin have?

He probably used the force to make Padme orgasm from afar.

Shut up man, there is no place for the truth on the internet.

>OTfags think this is good
Nice to know I can disregard their opinions
youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs

SCOTTISH COCKSUCKER

The prequels are better the originals.
TPM 7/10
AotC 6/10
RotS 9/10
ANH 7/10
ESB 8/10
RotJ 5/10

Reminder that whether or not prequels are better than sequels, they're all complete garbage either way, and if you consider any of the prequels a good movie you should honestly kill yourself.

the jedi seem really dumb and emotional

It was a powerful scene, its what let you know he officially turned

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs