What Cartoons Cartoons don't hold up for you?

What Cartoons Cartoons don't hold up for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xpbpnw7aJ4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dexter and Cow & Chicken

Shit taste.

Mike Lu and Og

Shit taste.

Cow & Chicken is probably the weakest show in pic related but even that's semi decent

Cow and Chicken > Ren and Stimpy

This.

Personally Johnny Bravo holds up the best, but that's just my opinion.

Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken and the latter seasons of Dexter
Special mention to Mike Lu & Og

Johnny Bravo had a couple great eps but overall pretty dull and it turns bad like shortly after one season I think.

I'm still pretty entertained by Cow & Chicken

This, but I don't even remember it being quite the same generation of cartoons, I think it came later than all the stuff in the OP.

Robot Jones, Cow & Chicken, Mike, Lu, & Og, and somewhat Johnny Bravo

The Powerpuff Girls

This.

I love Johnny, but beyond the utter insanity of a few early episodes (the deer, the werewolf) the show never really seemed... cohesive enough to be worth watching.

The post-revival seasons of Dexter without Genndy were fucking awful.

Anytown is good

Anytown is god for yor soul

fuck OFF

every single one but dexter, PPG, courage and EEnE.

CN is such an overrated channel.

Out of the entire lineup from the 90's the only one that might seem "of its era" is Cow and Chicken and even then I would still say that its worth watching if you enjoy Ren and Stimpy due to how weird it is. Season 1 of Johnny Bravo is really not funny and kinda boring, season 2 has much better writing and a much better supporting cast. Dexter's strength, much like all of Genndy's shows, is the fact that he puts everything he likes in them to make them stand out and Dexter might be the most versatile of his shows given how much he experiments and genre bends during his time on the show to make it such a fun experience. Finally PPG, Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Courage what's been said about these shows doesn't need to be repeated, they hold up incredibly well despite nearing 20. Really the only stinkers from that era were

>Mike, Lu and Og
Which just felt like the people behind it didn't know what to do with it hence why nobody really remembers or looks back fondly on it

>I AM Weasel
A spin-off from a show that didn't really need any and a spin-off in which the people behind it admit didn't have a strong enough premise to stand on its own so they had to make the recurring villain from Cow and Chicken a regular.

Dexter and PPG are shit too, and EE&E is highly overrated albeit decent.

Courage, OTOH, is true art.

>What Cartoons Cartoons don't hold up for you?
>Is there any Nicktoons from the 90s that don't hold up for you?

Hey OP
go meme somewhere else

Cross out dexters lab
Keep cow and chicken

Not OP, but this is literally what Sup Forums is for you idiot

Camp Lazlo

>inb4 "not a Cartoon Cartoon"
I think CN's post-2003 shows really are still Cartoon Cartoons, even if they're not called Cartoon Cartoons all too often anymore (I don't care what Wikipedia says on this matter, Wikipedia is not always accurate). It's like how Nick seldom refers to their cartoons as "Nicktoons" anymore, even though they're still technically Nicktoons.

For proof, remember The Cartoon Cartoon Show from the CN City era?

youtube.com/watch?v=Xpbpnw7aJ4c

Well, shows like Foster's, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Camp Lazlo, Gym Partner, and Squirrel Boy all aired on there in addition to the classic ones like Robot Jones, PPG, and Dexter. I think CN was trying to subtly imply there that their post-2003 originals are indeed Cartoon Cartoons. Even if you hate them.

Billy and Mandy, specifically the later seasons where it went from supernatural and dark humor to lolrandom things

Basically around the time Fred Fred Burger was created

Billy and mandy