Amazon Lord of the Rings series

What if it's really good?

I just finished watching RoTK with the new series in mind, there's plenty of cool shit they could do following small storylines, exploring the southren lands and far east could even fulfill their diversity quotas without turning half of middle earth into niggers and hobbits into African pygmies

Doesn't matter it would still be utterly pointless

AYO HOL' UP

At this point I will be disapointed if we get anything but a series about kangs and queens. The movies we have won't ever be topped, so I hope I can at least enjoy Sup Forums losing their minds.

What story are they even going to tell? Feels even worse and messier than the Han Solo movie

tfw no children of húrin

as long as no black people and no gay shit

It has potential to be. Now that they've said they arent adapting any literary work of Tolkiens and just setting it in the world, the possibilities are practically endless.
if diversity is going to be obnoxiously pushed this is pretty much the only way to go about it that wouldnt hurt the presentation at all.
It will probably have something to do with a ranger like Aragorn, since every fantasy show and movie has to have a not-aragorn character (yes even game of thrones. Jon Snows character arc follows Aragorns to an excessive and frankly kind of obnoxious degree).

>What if it's really good?
I'll never know because I'll never watch it.

slice of life anime set in the shire

Why not create a fresh fantasy series instead of being restricted by a rehash of an outdated novel that was already done perfectly well by a movie trilogy?

It can never be better than the trilogy, and nobody should expect it to be.
But I'm more optimistic than most people appear to be about this new Amazon series. I just think that the amount of money spent on the rights alone shows that Amazon is pretty fucking serious about this project. There's plenty of material they could cover in the series, and since they're throwing so much money at it they'll likely get a talented team of writers, producers, and directors who love the source material and who know what they're doing.
I expect that, much like the LotR trilogy, this series will be made by people with a lot of love for the world of Tolkien, which was what made the films so great.

It's a popular and already known marketable product.

It won't be so there's no reason to consider it.

no it's not, it's gonna be a shitstorm of side plots and love stories that will never end. they're going to copy game of thrones and spend 19 seasons to get to mordor.

They don't care. They want to ruin that fantasy world, like they've ruined all the others. They'd remake Citizen Kane if they thought anyone watched it. They actually hate you and everything you love and will spend untold resources ruining them, while taxing you to pay for welfare plebs who will use that money to see the movie and tweet all day about it because they don't have jobs.

when they were searching for gollum how come they didnt find him easier? he kept wearing the ring to fish and spy, shouldnt his location be more apparent to the evil forces?

It will utterly destroy The Shitcher, that's for sure

There's no reason at all to believe that. People keep going on about them wanting to copy Game of Thrones when there's no proof of that anywhere. The popularity of GoT likely made Amazon see that audiences still enjoy epic fantasy telly as a genre which pushed them to buy the rights, but there's no reason to think they'll copy GoT's style and just put political intrigue, character deaths and shit side plots.
Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I don't think even a gargantuan company like Amazon would throw 200 million just for the rights. Producing one full series would cost around the same. Something like this will be handled with care and by a hand-picked team who know what they're doing.

>I believe the efficient market hypothesis applies to movies and television even though everything associated with these are tax scams and propaganda acted by glorified prostitutes for wealthy elites
What evidence do you have that they care at all what you like or want?

This is exaggerated but it still hurts

honestly this would be one of the more straight forward things to adapt, it's the most complete narrative outside the hobbit and lotr.

I hope for 10 hours of gay black elves assfucking because of you racist little shits