Why does Genndy use the "one tells the truth, one tells lies, what question should you ask...

Why does Genndy use the "one tells the truth, one tells lies, what question should you ask?" scenario so much in his cartoons? Samurai Jack had it, Powerpuff Girls had it

Does he think he's fucking clever just because he knows the answer?

its a bit weird, innit

PPG is shit so dunno about that one, but the Samurai Jack version was clever as fuck. Too bad the ending was a typical copout.

Ask something objective for fucks sake. "How many fingers am I holding up" and show them one hand with whatever number of fingers you have.

it's honestly the 2nd most clever kids riddle, behind the one with 3 hotel guest and the bagboy one

Here's a better question.
One of these worms is voiced by Phil Lamarr the other Tim Curry.
If you had to ask them one question to figure it out what would it be?

Isn't it just a Labyrinth reference?

You're only allowed one question sweetie

Hotel Transylvania has it too.

There goes your one question, Numbnuts.

In most stories you only get one question.

So if you need them to tell you which way to go, your finger question is fucked.

Did you even watched the episode your pic come from?

Why not just ask "Can I ask another question after this one?"

The truth telling one will say no, the liar will say yes

PPG was not created by Genndy, was it? You're mistaking it for Dexter's Lab.

Also, I know why you thought that, I thought it too.

PPG wasn't created by Genndy you dunce

It might as well have been, for all the similarities.

Most functional humans don't keep watching cartoons forever. Genndy can re-use these novel concepts because they're timeless, and anyone that autistically nitpicks how often he uses it is too old for a cartoonist to care about anyway.

This type of thinking is why anime remains superior

>implying anime directors/writers don't reuse ideas.

Not nearly as much, anyways.

>implying reusing a clever little thought experiment is bad but reusing the cliche "100+ year old loli" trite is fine

kek

The "truth telling" entity is not going to standing in front of the liar door.

There is nothing but pedantry stopping you from confidently asking an objective question to one, going in its door if it tells the truth, and going in the other if it lies.

>The "truth telling" entity is not going to standing in front of the liar door.
[citation needed]

You don't know who is guarding the right door. It's never stated that the truth telling one is guarding the door you want, and the lying, the door you don't want.

What makes you think the truth teller couldn't be standing in front of the death door?

Not to mention that in the Samurai Jack version THERE WERE NO FUCKING DOORS.

I'm no expert on the two head guard thing. But the implementation of it various from story to story.

For example in Sonic the Hedgehog they had it as a two headed dragon standing in front of two doors next to each other. If you got the liar door you wouldn't know it until your deep inside and dead.

What makes you think the truth teller couldn't be the non-magical head?

All you have to do is go through every recent year anime season to refute that.

I'm arguing against it, idiot.

>goverment sponsored monster hunters
>bad guys
Why should we hate these guys?

>recent year anime season
What the fuck does this word salad even mean?

fine, the last 8 anime seasons

What is an "anime season"? Or do you think I'm some fucking weeaboo and know what that means

winter, spring, summer, fall

you dont have to be a weeb, you just have to not be a retard.

So there's a new anime every season? How the fuck does that even work?

I can see you're deliberately being obtuse, which can be fixed by a simple google search.

Come back when you figure it out.

So anime has official seasons. What the fuck.

This is bullshit, why don't we have that?

>PPG is shit

You better be talking about the new one, you manwhore.

>why does he keep doing this?
>he only did it once
>WHATEVER

Nope, and certainly no manwhore.

Yu-Gi-Oh had a pretty sensible answer for it, I think.

Too bad Jack didn't realize that the very question implied that they're both liars. They'd never agree on the fact that one is telling the truth and one is lying if that was true.

There are 4 seasons, and each season for TV is how shows are divided, with 52 weeks meaning each "season" is 13 weeks, which is why most anime are 13ish or 26ish episodes long. Almost every anime starts near the "beginning" of the season, and they end at the "end" of a season. We call these lengths of time "cours" for anime, and "seasons" any other time.

The current example would be "Spring", where almost every show airing right now started very late may or very early April. Longer shows had a new cour start during that time period. 8 "seasons" would be 2 years, if you can't figure that out, although I'm not the retard that can't word shit you've responded to.

Isn't this a JoJo reference?

We used to, but it all changed when the fire nation attacked.

Seriously though it's because of things like cancellations of shows and the internet age. The Office (US) is an example of a show with a short first season because it took over a slot of a cancelled show, so it only had like 3/4 of the season to air season 1.

Shit like Netflix existing is why "seasons" are an outdated concept in the US. Japan still goes strong with it and it works.

Japan doesn't have Netflix, or a local equivalent?

They have stuff like that, but they're also HIGHLY traditional. They still hold onto stuff like "let's visit Shrines on New Years", let alone the concept of Shrines themselves as quasi-religious places. Keeping seasons is also easier in Japan, where the entire country has "Spring" at the same time, with important markers like Sakura flowers in many places of Japan, Snow in the winter for all of Japan, heat in the summer for all of Japan, ect. When you look at the U.S. you have places like Florida where it's sunny hot shit all year long, so "the seasons" don't fit, let alone comparine Florida to a northern state where it'll snow for months and months.

everyone knows the only correct way to go about it is to kneecap them and find out at your leisure.

Dammit Stroker

>When you look at the U.S. you have places like Florida where it's sunny hot shit all year long, so "the seasons" don't fit, let alone comparine Florida to a northern state where it'll snow for months and months.

Or where it snows, has a week of 60+ degree weather, and snows again.

The Midwest is truly the closest place on earth to Hell

>it's honestly the 2nd most clever kids riddle
Ask one "what's 2+2?" why is this so hard?

fuck you

is the new episode out? can someone give me the mega pls?

Never heard that one before.
Is is a variation on the "gotta get a fox across a river" puzzle?

He's used it exactly twice.

And when you consider that, at their core, both of these shows are (Or in Samurai Jack's case, were) intended for kids, I think it's perfectly fine to include.

When you're 10 it actually is a nice lesson in basic logical deduction..

>got some post for God, 'ere

Is there a Canon explanation how Jack escaped from their stomach?

Gendy best mind fuck up is still the Dexter Movie (The Time travelling one)

I was like 8 when I first saw it, and it was such a clever mindfuck

>what question should you ask
What's my name

You are smart user

I'm about to fuck you in your faggy manwhore mouth. On your knees lad.

Refer to

So what is the answer in this scenario where the "doorkeepers" aren't standing im front of their respective doors.

yes you are

>Yu-Gi-Oh had a pretty sensible answer for it
As far as i remember the twins were also both liars

So, in this scenario, do I only get one question?

Yep

Ask them "Which door would your brother tell me is the right door"

it's a nice riddle for kids you retarded autist

This is actually an easy problem to solve.
Stab one of them; if that one cries out in pain and asks why the fuck you stabbed him, he's the one that tells the truth.
If he cries out in pain and then says you did NOT stab him, he's the on that lies.

So with one question I have to find out which is lying?

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

this

but dude you only had one question
Now you are stuck knowing who is the liar and who speaks the truth but no idea which door is which