Do you prefer your Captain with or without Cold Gun?

Do you prefer your Captain with or without Cold Gun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With
It shows just how capable he is at working that thing despite being a blue collared super hero who stole it

With. Meta Cold was pretty terrible, and giving the Rogues powers took away a lot from their appeal.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY

I thought we all silently agreed never to mention superpowered Cold ever again

Both are cool.

Even within New 52, Cold was portrayed as better with the gun than without

>Jingle Bells

Seriously, fuck the Crime Syndicate

I don't think there was anyone who preferred meta human Captain Cold.

There are a few, but I don't think any of them read any comics before the New 52.

The entire point of giving him powers was to show the gun was better.

I like them both

Captain cold with taticool and ice weapon

Which Rogues are still meta? I think only Golden Glider kept her powers, no?

It wasn't but Johns hated them as much as we did so he shat on the powers at every chance.

Whether we believe them or not, I asked several people at DC, including Francis Manapul, why they were giving the Rogues powers and they all said it was because it was more believable to have the Flash fight metas. They all said they thought it stretched credibility to have people using guns against a guy with super-speed. I think Manapul said it in an interview or two as well. It's possible they were all bullshitting though.

Booch and Manapul hated classic Rogues, they even wrote Top out because "he didn't fit with the times".

Poor Top didn't even get Rebirthed.

Funny thing is, when I talked to Manapul at a con as mentioned above, I told him that the Top's my favourite Rogue. Soon after they wrote him out of the New 52 and Manapul made a shitty comment about how nobody knows what tops are anymore and that Top fans just couldn't see how they'd made him/Turbine better. I'm still salty about that.

There appears to be a Top in one page of Rebirth, hanging with the other Rogues at Iron Heights. It's not clear if it's Turbine or a Rebirth Top though, and when I asked Williamson on Twitter he didn't answer.

Isn't Weather Wizard a meta?

Thing they didn't understand was that their appeal was exactly that: they could go toe to toe with the fastest man alive using only fucking guns

With. Otherwise he's just another character with an elemental physical power

It's definitely Turbine. He looks black and has that weird sandstorm around himself.

He was, but it's not clear if he still is.

Exactly. Plus, people like the appeal of a bunch of near-ordinary villains, rather than metas with godly powers.

Yeah, I was inclined to believe it's Turbine, but that's why I wanted to ask. Wish Williamson had answered to clear it up.

With. It shows his capability and I like how the CW characterized his neurosis as a plus, memorizing every part of his gimmick gun. And I actually love the idea of the Black Ice gun.

On brighter side, he's a good candidate for cannon fodder.

This. Generic ice powers vs. fairly unique gun? Gun. Of course.

I think DC would want to avoid using a black character as cannon fodder, but you never know. He was kind of a botched character, and most Rogues fans I know are completely indifferent to him.

With, but I like his costume without guns better. I hate that he's gone back to the other.

Tech:
Captain Cold
Heatwave
Mirror Master
Trickster

Meta:
Weather Wizard
Golden Glider

Any recomended Captain Cold books?