Jack only found his glasses

Jack only found his glasses.

The guardian lives.

Other urls found in this thread:

springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=samurai-jack&episode=s03e12
youtube.com/watch?v=iPFoIETy0dw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're retarded. The Guardian literally lived for no other reason than to protect the portal with his life. The portal being destroyed means he was killed first.

>Aku shows up
>Blasts the portal
>Aku leaves in search for more portals.

The guardian could have easily survived.

>Guardian alive
>Portal still gone

How does that help Jack?

lol

>Guardian just lets Aku blow up the portal instead of defending it with his life
>The portal that his ENTIRE EXISTENCE IS PREDICATED UPON PROTECTING WITH HIS OWN BODY AT ALL TIMES FOR COUNTLESS EONS AGAINST INNUMERABLE CHALLENGERS

Completely fucking retarded, think before posting next time.

I fucked up

Also what would be the point of that character afterwards?

>I'm the Guardian
>What do you guard?
>Nothing, I let it get destroyed and didn't die trying to protect it because uh oh spaghettios

I'm so glad you idiots aren't writing for this show.

The guardian can't do shit against aku, and depending on aku's mood, he might have not bothered to fight the guardian at all.

Yeah man, they might add a dumb sub plot; OH WAIT.

The Guardian is the actual portal. Whatever pylon he guards becomes a time portal.

>Aku approaches portal
>Guardian tells him to fuck off
>Aku goes out of his way to somehow non-lethally restrain the Guardian while he destroys the portal and then leaves without killing him because he was in a non-killing "mood"

What the fuck is wrong with you?

10/10

Goddam what is it with you fags being obsessed with this guardian. He's dead. Let it go.

Bandwagoner/casual fan spotted

Faggot spotted.

>Aku approaches the portal
>Guardian tell him to fuck off
>Aku bitchslaps him three kilometers into the air and blasts the portal.
>Leaves right away because there are more portals to bust.
>The Guardian, being the eon sturdy mothefucker he is, survived Aku's bitchslap, but the portal is gone.

I can greentext too buddy.

No! I'm in charge here!

What's the real reason you deny the guardian's death?

Because it would be really underwhelming otherwise.

>implying Season 5B hasn't been underwhelming the entire time

>writing a plot where the Guardian fails at his entire life's purpose because he was non-lethally slapped into the air

Aside from that being shit writing, you don't think he had enough power and fighting skill to avoid being slapped into the air? Just because he didn't have the sword doesn't mean he was completely helpless. It meant he was doomed to eventually lose and that the best he could do was to die protecting the portal, which is exactly what he did.

>Just because he didn't have the sword doesn't mean he was completely helpless.

But that is exactly what it means.

What a wild concept.

Nope.

>being this much of a beta

Maybe the guardian knows how to repair the portal?

The guardian wasn't a force of nature though. Extreemly skilled in martial weapon use, but those do shit against aku.

I want to fuck that rock

Or maybe he's just dead and you need to fucking get over it.

What's the best way to continue fulfilling your duty of protecting something from being destroyed by someone whom you can neither defeat or be defeated by? Fake the destruction of said thing to get them to fuck off. If he was as wise a guardian as he thought himself to be this is literally the plan he would have in place if Aku ever showed up. You think he just hoped Aku wouldn't show up to a place where thousands of warriors travelled to claim the time portal?

>Getting mad over hypotheticals.

Chill out bro

If a strong barrage of rocks and dirt are good enough to have an impact on Aku, then the Guardian at a minimum could stand his ground and die protecting the portal. He'd be doomed to die, but he could at least fight well enough to not get casually slapped into the air.

Guardianfags btfo

MAGICAL dirt and rocks.

Big difference.

These aren't hypotheticals, these are butthurt faggots who can't get over a throw away ending in an episodic series.

He doesn't have any way of knowing he couldn't beat Aku. Except for the way he actually found out which is firsthand experience.

The Guardian was magic too. He stood there in front of the portal constantly fighting off challengers with no indication of ever needing food or sleep and was able to take a bunch of missile explosions to the face without a scratch.

You're all retarded. They could hold Aku at bay because they were infused with god power. Same with the sword.

The sword was explicitly infused with the power of the human spirit, not god power.

So, being durable and not needing nourishment gives him an edge against Aku because...?

Let me guess, you also think that the dark side is part of the balance of the force

>Only through the strength of the human spirit and the virtue of human righteousness can this evil be vanquished.
>This blade was forged from the righteous energy within thee.

springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=samurai-jack&episode=s03e12

No, the issue being addressed was whether he was magical.

But said magic has no offensive use against Aku, making the point moot.

>has no offensive use

You don't know that. We know Aku beat him, not that he was completely helpless. Being ultimately beaten and being completely helpless are two different things. If he wasn't magic then you could safely assume he was completely helpless.

>episode where jack is implied to one day go back to the past
>new season after years to wrap up the series
>guardian seemingly confirmed
>character set up as being able to guard a portal from aku is killed without explanation so his entire point was well nothing
gee i wonder why

At least wait for the last episode to complain.

hes not coming back last episode and even so wont be able to time travel it didnt ruin it for me i just rolled with it but i can see people being upset that a strongly implied last thread of hope which at the time seemed to be from the gods to help him was snuffed out without any logic besides "were doing something different so now he was just some idiot guarding a talking rock and who wasted eons"

>episode where jack is implied to one day go back to the past

Last episode of the first season implied Jack would kill Aku scaling a castle but you aren't complaining about that not happening.

>character set up as being able to guard a portal from aku is killed without explanation so his entire point was well nothing

Literally nothing suggested he could defend the portal from Aku without a magic Aku killing weapon. The Scotsman was set up as able to fight Jack to a stalemate but he wasn't able to do shit to Aku either.

It's an episodic series that never had a planned ending.

>nothing suggested
except he was prophesied to use it after he was ready his whole quest form the gods is to defeat aku and it was implied he would use that portal in his quest akus weakness is divine magic
>scaling castle
also no it wasnt implying that it was a play put on by kids

After Jack destroyed the lizard monks' portal while he was infected by Aku they said that they could eventually rebuild it, so I guess it's possible

Give it time user. Denial is the first stage of grief.

Gonna be hard for him to fix anything considering he's dead lol

He got tired of wearing the same glasses for 1000+ years and decided to go get some new ones, and in case some fucker like Aku or unworthy Jack comes around, he activated a puzzle that made the portal look like it was just a shattered box. Only the best of warriors like Ashi could ever hope to solve this puzzle, that's why Aku started mind controlling her.

Basically this. Aku is pretty weak in his own world. There's plenty of warriors who are far stronger than him (eg: the guardian) and he's even got minions stronger than himself

Aku's only advantage is that he can't be hurt by anything other than jack's magic sword

Keep posting, I'm taking screenshots of your stupid as fuck theories.

>seriously thinking the Guardian could defeat Aku
Look, I'm upset that we never got a rematch too but you're just being ridiculous

Hopefully we get an explanation next episode of why "yeah prophecy don't work anymore man".

F

>Ohhh, my bad Jack, I had the prophecy switch set to "events that won't happen"

>the scotman is gathering an army to fight Aku
>he recruited the guardian because he is pissed Aku broke his portal.

yfw

If the Guardian let Aku destroy the portal and didn't die protecting it, he should have at the least committed suicide in shame for failing at his eons long life purpose.

Maybe. It's gonna be true if the final battle will take place there but I think the next episode will start with Jack being Aku's prisoner in his lair. It's too bad we didn't even get a flashback.

>"oh fuck I had hope switched on"

not before getting revenge he wouldn't

youtube.com/watch?v=iPFoIETy0dw

This is probably what happened

Oh my god just let it go already

The Guardian's dead, user. Probably killed by Aku. Just let it go already. There was never meant to be a rematch between him and Jack.

Neverrrrr!

That's canon straight from Lucas you nigger.

So is jar jar and midichlorians.

To be fair, Aku does seem like the type to torture people.

Just look at that stone warrior guy. Aku froze him, killed his people, and sealed him inside a mountain for all eternity purely for his amusement.

No, suicide. And even that wouldn't come up in the first place because he would've stood his ground like his entire life's purpose is doing exactly that (and it is), which means he's dead.

Remember the Scottsman? Same fucking thing.

Even if they had the Guardians head literally mounted as a trophy in Akus fortress you idiots would still think he's alive.

gennedy wrote the guardian episode assuming that he'd never be able to finish the series, so he gave it a vision where jack wins to give at least some closure. when the series got picked back up, he realised he wrote himself into a hole; the vision of king jack the time portal showed would have to come true, because causality/time shenanigans. Gennedy doesn't want jack to go back to the past, that's why he said "all the time portals are gone", and why the voice actor for jack said that the ending is one fans "didn't know they wanted". Instead of going back to the past, jack's going to stay in the future and continue to right wrongs or whatever. The guardian's dead for good, and the king jack vision is either going to be swept under the rug as hard as possible or retconned into being about jack staying in the future.

This has all been pretty obvious and I don't know why people think otherwise.

where is MEGA

that's figuratively the same premise that Jack has at the start of season 5. He's lost his purpose.

REMEMBER ME, MOTHERFUCKER?

Gendy confirmed for hack.

Aku can't kill absolutely everyone. There's plenty of mystical things which can easily outmatch him.
For God's sake Aku can't even take Jack's sword off his hand for like 5 seconds just to kill him. Gendy is a hack.

First rule of Deaths in entertainment: If we don't see a body chances are they are still alive.

the King Jack ending was shown already in the comics, if Genndy was given another chance to conclude the series on TV, he was surely going to do it differently.