Master Luke Skywalker ignites his laser sword and assumes a defensive pose

>Master Luke Skywalker ignites his laser sword and assumes a defensive pose
Oh what could have been

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ben, my son, get behind me. Jacen will not win today

Hey look! It’s what everybody wanted. But no, let’s not do that and tell a risky story about him becoming a failure in a shoddy manner then insult fans for not accepting it.

>Master luke skywalker ignities his laser scholong
>breaks his hip

Oh hai Mark!

Makes me angry
Silly
But true

Is this a book?

eu was the best timeline of themselves

This makes me so fucking sad

Context? Seems like it was a good moment.

Jacen Solo is Han and Leia's son. One of the most powerful Jedi in the EU, a pupil of Luke Skywalker, and the savior of the Galaxy who ultimately turned to the dark side in his quest to better understand the Force and bring lasting peace to the New Republic.

Ben Skywalker, Luke's son, was taught by Luke but also a pupil/friend/follower of Jacen.

Jacen takes a role in the New Republic's government to help police rebellious planets that aren't too keen on the new galactic order. Ben, awed by his cousin, follows him into what Jacen quickly turned into a secret police force with near-universal jurisdiction.

Jacen's ambition and desire to bring order and peace ultimately leads him to assume control of the government and turn to the Sith as Darth Caedus.

Ben Skywalker, unable to accept this, turns against Jacen.

Damn that sounds like a much better movie than what I saw last night.

What books is this arc in? I read the thrawn trilogy last year and it was pretty good, certainly better than disney's insult. Might as well make the old eu my headcanon now

>stealing Sauron origin story
Also that is so clearly repeated in the prequels

Man who thought he's lost all hope loses the last bit of hope he didn't know he had

The best part about this is he’s ultimately defeated by his sister so if Disney adapted this they would still have their female lead hero

It's over a few series. Jacen's rise and his role in saving the Galaxy is in the Yuuzhong Vong saga. The YV have good aspects and bad aspects, but suffice to say:

Alien species invades from beyond the outer rim - another galaxy, with technology that is able to defeat the New Republic and a religious, suicidal zeal in their crusade. Jacen briefly becomes "one with the force" to defeat them, and this leads him to an obsession with better understanding the force and learning from teachers other than the Jedi/Luke. While he first goes to various other gurus and philosophers on different planets, he ultimately encounters the Sith... And studies then as well. He keeps this secret.

The story continues in The Legacy of the Force series. Jacen assumes more and more power and becomes increasingly ruthless in his quest to bring peace to the Galaxy. His sister, Jaina, is also a Jedi but no where near as strong. She and Ben and Anakin (his younger brother) can't even take him on. Jaina ultimately trains under Boba Fett to learn how to fight/hunt Jedi in hopes of defeating her brother. The family is all pitted against each other. It's fittingly tragic because unlike Anakin, we didn't know Jacen was going to become a villain. The star hero of the series/Galaxy turned to evil slowly, over time, while trying to do good. And not something selfish like "I CANT LET MY WIFE DIE"

I won't ruin the rest for you unless you ask. It's a good series of books. There's always some parts which aren't good -- the EU had some wonky bits. But the overall stories are great.

mark (and carrie) were morbidly obese before these movies. the Studio had no guarantee Hamil could lose weight in time to do anything fancy in the movies

Lol I wasn't going to spoil that, but yeah. He is ultimately defeated by Jaina in a sad moment. Sad because Jaina had to kill her brother and sad because Jacen couldn't warn his family of what was coming.

Jaina/Jacen would have been a great dichotomy for Disney to do. And this retarded Rey/Kylo thing is clearly trying to ape it, but poorly and with a love angle

>risky
For some reason the word "risky" makes me think the move has sincerity behind it. The writer actually wants to do something fascinating with a character he likes. Rian's version of Punished Luke wasn't sincere. Rian's not a man with a bold vision he's a pussy. Reminds me of Whedon wanting to kill Frank Castle.

>EU fanfic trash
No thx

Dumbass bait

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

What makes Mark Hamill different than any other actor? Of course he could drop weight. He's a professional. Losing fat is easy. Hamill talked about it on stage. Disney's trainers got him in shape working out 5-6 days a week before he even read the fucking script. Hit him like a ton of bricks when he found out he does nothing but turn around and take off his hood in the last 10 seconds of the flick.

You mean this thread? I agree

Jesus Christ this autist. I hate that scene too but come on now, that's some ludicrous over-analysis.

He's not wrong tho

this dude never milked a cow. nothin cute about it. the cow smells like shit, everything around you smells like shit, and youre seated tugging on its teats while flies buzz around its smelly ass and it wags its tail. source, ive done it on a farm. what luke did was fuckin majestic in comparison.

Are there some omnibus' I can buy? Sounds like you described two trilogies.

In the Disney canon, they're not immune to the force anymore but they do exist.

The battle with the Yuuzhong Vong is in the New Jedi Order series. I forget how many books it is.

The fall of Jacen is in The Legacy of the Force. It's five books. Betrayal, Sacrifice, Fury, Revelation, and Invincible.

There's some shitty stuff like "dark side phantoms" (think Luke's encounter in the Cave on Dagobah but they can hurt you), but mostly it's good stuff.

Immunity to the force always seemed a little weird as.. How are you resisting a push?

But I figure they could still be force resistant -- universally strong willed (no mind tricks) and invisible to the force. Meaning they cannot be detected ("a disturbance in the force") nor can their motives be divined.

How is this supposed to SUBVERT MY EXPECTATIONS?

something is deeply wrong with you star wars autists

pleaste kys

luke jerking off the beach titties was pure kino

>Sounds really interesting
>"maybe I'll start reading the EU books"
>google star wars EU books in order
>there's like 30

Yeah. They had thirty years to write them, after all.

But they're pulpy and quick. And you don't have to read them all if you want to just go on Wookiepedia.

Read Thrawn trilogy and prequel, Vong books and the comics set a century in the future. You are pretty set on important lore from that.

Force lightning still affects them in the old EU ( but Jedi won't use that of course )

I actually liked grumpy Luke, he was the olny good thing in this shitshow movie

>like 30
I’ve read thirty and haven’t even made it to Thrawn duology, nigga there is around a hundred of these fucking books

That's only due to Hamill's talent and charisma.

Yes. This is honestly a good set up for a chopped down version in a retconned sequel.

Some Vong-like enemy invades. Luke, Ben, Jacen, and Jaina lead a desperate attack on the flagship. Showdown in a throne room style after Jaina and Ben are separated off or incapacitated. Jacen and Luke vs the Bad Guy. Bad Guy vs Luke and Jacen similar to Dooku's fight with Anakin and Obi-wan. Jacen is disarmed and injured and Luke fights alone. Luke is ultimately beaten by this force resistant villain and it looks like we are going to a downer ending as he prepares to kill Luke. We cut to Luke's face. He looks to an injured Jacen trying to rise, an unconscious Ben, the gloating villain. He looks down, preparing to die. Blue light flashes on his face and thunder cracks. The villain screams. Luke's face turns to horror. Cut to Jacen, arm outstretched, electrocuting the villain to death in gruesome fashion. What follows is an unbridled display of force power as Jacen brutally kills the Bad Guy's guards who rush to his aid, using the force to crush helmets around heads, throw them around like rag dolls through paneling, explode blaster rifles in hands, etc. Jacen passes out and Luke, though horrified, picks up his nephew and son and escapes the ship.