If you keep 'em under your thumb

if you keep 'em under your thumb
they'll never end up in the GUTTER

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201309/research-spanking-it-s-bad-all-kids
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10926770903035168
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8885984
aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Spanking-Linked-to-Mental-Illness.aspx
pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/06/27/peds.2011-2947
cmaj.ca/content/early/2012/02/06/cmaj.101314.citation
qz.com/150027/suicide-rates-are-falling-almost-everywhere-in-the-developed-world-but-south-korea/
journals.uio.no/index.php/suicidologi/article/download/2330/2193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pete was a better dad than Goofy.

They were both good dads, but flawed in their own way. Goofy was better at showing affection and loving his son, while Pete was better at discipline and keeping his son straight.

>while Pete was better at discipline and keeping his son straight.
then why is his son so fucking fat?

Because he can afford to feed his son more than food stamps and ebt unlike Goofy's broke widowed ass. That's probably why his wife died.

>showing affection and loving
not a dads job
where's the hot mom?

Check the map, Goof

>showing affection and loving
>not a dads job

user it sounds like you might have been abused

Petes son respects him.
Goofy's son abuses his love and takes advantage of him.

Pete is the better dad because he deals out tough love. Goofy is a cuck that's raising a school shooter.

Genetics

>Le authoritarian dad muh respect meme
Yawn.
Remember boys, your dad may be a complete asshole and a ex-criminal but as long as he's assertive he's based.

was your dad a movie theater? because that's some god damn projection

What do you expect? Half the civilized world still allow you to beat the shit out of your kid despite every study saying it's a terrible idea.

You're the one projecting, bub. Tell us about your dad.

I'd like some meaning with those colors, thanks.

Cuck

I didn't just assume and apply a bunch of shit i pulled out of my ass to anything. I quoted a movie.
you are the one who started reaching into your asshole for shit to fling. you argue like a woman. kill yourself.
kill yourself. honestly, kill yourself. just do it, go end your life. kill yourself

>Beating the shit out of
>Punishing your child

My dad gave me the belt exactly ONCE. When I was such a little shit like starting fires. It was the fear of the belt, and the fact that my dad wasn't this brutish ogre constantly that made me behave.

At the end of the day, you need to establish a pecking order with your child, You are the boss of them until they are older enough to boss themselves.

Blue = Beating children is legal
Green = Beating children is not legal

You say "ONCE" like you yourself realize what would've happened if he had done it multiple times

All he needed to do was do it once. Every time I stepped out of line badly, My dad scolded me and asked me "Do I want the belt again"

I said no every time. Modern parents cannot instill discipline and it shows with their ADD addled retard children.

Interesting. So have you ever threatened someone smaller and weaker than with violence?

Not that user, but I think he said once because as a child it took one time to learn that there are consequences to his actions.
>pecking order
This is what's important. You should want to have a great relationship with your kids, but if they see you like they see their classmates and respect and treat you as such, there's a problem.

Pussy. No wonder scum like you self insert as Goofy fucking Peg.
LE NICE GUYS GETS THE GIRL XD

This to be completely honest.

I've never had the need to, but when I do have children I will 100% use punishment as a form of discouragement for bad behaviour.

See; As a child I was hyper creative. Sit me in a corner, I'd start making stories in my head to pass the time, like reading a book I wrote myself. Things like "Time out" wouldn't work. I'd simply start imagining things, serve my time and then go off to be a little shit again.

The threat of punishment via belt was something I couldn't escape from. The second best effective punishment was making me watch my mum's shitty soaps.

My Dad was in no way Authoritarian, but he knew, like his dad before him, that You can still be a friendly happy dad, but you need to remind them, you're their Dad, not their friend

Let's see.
1)Tons of insecurities, probably spanning from childhood. Mmmm... paternal abuse, maybe? And a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, yes. Need to reassure yourself your father wasn't a failure and that it didn't raise you as one. Very common mindset in the American midle class. Would explain why so vehemently aggressive about confronting other people about this topic.
2) Misoginy, negative prejudice towards women. If you need a general insult to target someone with, you'll associate them with stereotypically feminine negative traits. Probably you hate your mother, which makes completely sense given your apparently messed up family situation. Bet your father hit her and made you watch.
3) Complete lack of self criticism and awareness. You call someone else a woman for the way they argue, then you get completely emotional about it, drop any pretense of rationality and just start flinging "kill yourself" around. If that wasn't a woman-like negative trait for you, you wouldn't have made your previous statement.
4) Probable suicidal tendencies, given your obsession with the phrase "kill yourself".

Let's try to glue the pieces together, now.
user grew up in a troubled household, with an abusive father that beat him regularly or at the very least demeaned him constantly. However he still seems to retain respect for his father, probably as a coping mechanism that helps him reject the harshness of his situation. But where does all that pent up anger stemming from the abuse go? It fuels a (probably unwarranted) hate for his mother, who may or may not have been a victim of the father as well. This translated in a primal hate towards all female subjects (this leaves me to believe user doesn't have a female sibling) which in turn leads to an unhappy life, mostly spent in isolation on imageboards.

Do you have something to tell us, user 2? Similar situation, perhaps?

You should probably head back to tumblr with that Post-Modernist's idea of Psychology.

I'm this guy Really hope this wasn't for me

>user grew up in a troubled household, with an abusive father that beat him regularly or at the very least demeaned him constantly. However he still seems to retain respect for his father, probably as a coping mechanism that helps him reject the harshness of his situation. But where does all that pent up anger stemming from the abuse go? It fuels a (probably unwarranted) hate for his mother, who may or may not have been a victim of the father as well. This translated in a primal hate towards all female subjects (this leaves me to believe user doesn't have a female sibling) which in turn leads to an unhappy life, mostly spent in isolation on imageboards.

I knew it. See, the human brain isn't actually fully developed in children, so beating them doesn't do anything but make them associate authority with fear and violence. It's not any more likely to make a child stop doing something than a stern lecturing.

Studies show that this carries over, so that when you find yourself in a position of authority you will assume it gives you the right to mistreat other people.

Waiting for you to raise an alternative model that makes more sense than mine.
Until then, your claims have as much substance as your dad's degree of success in raising you.

Of course it wasn't for you, I didn't reply to your post. Also your dad seems cool, specially with the soap opera punishment.

But I didn't Associate authority with fear and Violence, My dad showed me, If I act out of line, I will be punished. He used one strong example of corporate punishment to drive this home, and it worked. I did not want the belt again.

Stern lectures however? They were useless, As a child, a lecture with no punishment meant nothing, it was hollow.

"Studies" show nothing and you're just another useless parent.

Max turned out fine though.

This loathsome approach to knowledge is not unexpected.

Your entire Model rests on outdated Freudian shlock and "Muh soggy nees" when his argument clearly works off "Opposite of Man is Woman, so a bad man is a more womanly man"

You can't draw "He hates his father and mother" from this.

So you're saying because I don't trust dubious, hard to measure studies, I hate knowledge?

So you instead of trying to refute me, resort to Ad Hom?

Not an argument.

Pretty much. You present no argument.

>So you're saying because I don't trust dubious, hard to measure studies, I hate knowledge?

Yeah, pretty much. Considering you substitute this with biased, situational, easily disproved opinions.

>Easily disproved Opinions.

How so, considering we can use the Evidence of modern children being constantly diagnosed with ADD and other Behavior problems because of a sheer lack of Discipline.

Children need a guideline to follow, coddling them has time and again proven to just make people spoilt and ill-mannered.

All your studies prove this.

How would you prefer for people to handle a misbehaving child?

Yes, if you would rather look to your own, deeply emotionally biased anecdotes of your own childhood than to more than four decades of psychological research that shows that corporeal punished negatively impacts everything from behavior to intelligence to academic performance and likelihood of a successful adult life then you absolutely do hate knowledge.

Not only does spanking negatively affect children in the long-run, it has also been shown to be ineffective even in short-term corrective effect on behavior compared to alternative methods of punishment such as removal of privileges.

If PJ had any respect for Pete, he wouldn't hang out with Max and Goofy knowing Pete hates their guts.

Feh, I WISH my dad was more authoritarian. He spoiled me because he was so proud to have a son. In the end, I learned nothing from him growing up

Based Slavs!

Also, I assume it is the Muslims keeping it legal in France and the UK
you natives are too big cucks to know how to raise a child properly
That is why the Muslims are successfully raping you to death

>psychological research that shows that corporeal punished negatively impacts everything from behavior to intelligence to academic performance and likelihood of a successful adult life

Asian Families are more likely to both use physical punishment AND succeed in Academics. So how does that work.

all dem researches were done by liberal pussies

Yeah, no muslims in Bulgaria. You've got a bit of a one-track mind, methinks.

>as long as you know that four quarters adds up to a simoelon, you'll survive

truly based

wow...
learned a lot...
so assertive...
so authoritarian...
he redpilled me so much...
just... wow...

Are you saying asian work ethic is normal and healthy?

Chidhood is idolizing Goofy
Adulthood is realizing that Pete makes more sense.

Just gonna chime in here.

The "Four decades" of Psychological research has been fucking useless for those four decades.

I think I'll use this article as an example of why the process is rigged.

psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201309/research-spanking-it-s-bad-all-kids

The biggest points of stupidity is this.

>Spanking cannot be associated to the misbehavior

So they assume the parent is not TELLING the child they are being punish for their misbehavior.

And second

>It reduces trust for the child in the parent

Which assumes the Parent is ONLY using spanking as their way to discipline the child.

All this "fourty decades of research" has proven is Shit parents are shit parents regardless of discipline.

No more healthy than the crying manchildren the west has brought up.

Balance to Discipline is the key. Don't thrash your child for every misdeed, and don't just give a time out for every misdeed. Judge the actions accordingly.

Be a fucking parent.

>No more healthy than the crying manchildren the west has brought up.

Infinitely more healthy actually. You don't know what you're talking about, your kids are going to grow up to be morons like their dad.

What's the sample size and methodology of the the study? Who did they sample from? Did they actually look at things like grades, happiness, and sociability? How did they measure happiness if they did? Are there any religious or cultural groups heavily featured?

Because if the sample size is less than 10,000 and heavily featured only one cultural group it's most likely BS.

He's not wrong. Your kid wont be a fuck up if you discipline them correctly. Giving a kid a hug and then proceeding to let them slam doors, drink booze, stay out late, and trash your house doesn't teach them to be better people.

Max only turns out decent in the end because this is a fictional Disney movie.

>Some tumblrtard in his gender studies degree calls you a moron because you believe in actually Disciplining your children.

The fact that you actually think the Gynosentric Child Psychology model that has bred us the society of sage spaces and defencless children is good is hilarious.

100% this

You seem to be referring to a single study.

It's all of them. All of the studies. These are the single most unanimous results since global warming, and much like global warming retards dismiss it because the human brain shuts down when faced with the prospect that they're unintentionally doing something wrong.

Are you aware of the fact that you're a retard?

Plenty of food to eat.

>Europe
>civilized world

Spanking causes lowered IQs:
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10926770903035168

Spanking causes anti-social behavior:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8885984

Spanking linked to mental illness:
aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Spanking-Linked-to-Mental-Illness.aspx
pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/06/27/peds.2011-2947

Spanking linked to broad suite of negative developmental effects, Meta-study of 80 studies on the effects of corporeal punishment:
cmaj.ca/content/early/2012/02/06/cmaj.101314.citation

But I'm sure it's just the evil LIBRULS conspiring to make American men pussies so the Mudslimes can take over, ammirite?

Delete this!!!

Not that I like spanking but these papers have flawed methodologies. They don't distinguish between spanking and more severe forms of physical punishment.

this isn't as much fun as the last goofy movie based parenting thread

go back to Saudi Arabia

You do realize that the liberals basically control western universities, right?
Nothing they say can be ever believed

YES!

If the evil libruhls told you not to throw yourself in a well, would you do it?

>FUCK SCIENCE amirite guys?
>Oh wait I'm writing this on a computer so basically I'm retarded or something?

Corporeal punishment is defined the exact same way in all these studies

"an act carried out with the intention of causing a child to experience physical pain, but not injury, for purposes of correction or control”

If an act causes, is likely to cause or is intended to cause actual injury then it isn't counted as corporeal punishment by any of these studies.

Many of these studies do conclude that parents that use corporeal punishment are more likely to also use more severe violence against their children, but that isn't what these studies are studying.

I'd also like to congratulate you on managing to read 5 separate research papers and evaluating their methodology in 2½ minutes.

And we've gone down the Alex Jones-style anti-science conspiracy hole where you can believe literally anything because anyone who might correct you is controlled by the Je- I mean the Liberals.

>this thread again
who knew Sup Forums had so many daddy issues

Walt Disney invented the medium so kids could get their mind of dads beating them, like his dad beat him.

And your children will become the sex slaves of the muslim conquerors

>not just sending them to military school and making them get a job at 14

Sup Forumsmblr really is the feelz before realz board.

I see getting punched didn't cure your rudeness either.

What other vices do you have to show us?

It's both. t. steban bolynew

PJ doesn't respect Pete, he fears him.

The entire point of the movie is Max learning to respect his goof of a dad and Pete and PJ are obviously used to show the wrong way to go about it.

the world would be a much better place if parents just did this

working for your country and killing for your country. The only reasons to live for.
All else is weakness and degeneracy.

>Keeping his son straight
I've seen far too much PetexPJ to agree with this.

Suicide rates would beg to differ.

qz.com/150027/suicide-rates-are-falling-almost-everywhere-in-the-developed-world-but-south-korea/

journals.uio.no/index.php/suicidologi/article/download/2330/2193

Did you even watch the fucking movie to the end?

fear and respect are the same thing

>t. the_donald cuck

>Half the civilized world
Your map only shows Europe. Six out of seven people live outside that continent. Do you consider all the other continents "uncivilized world", or why don't their beliefs matter to you?

Survival of the fittest

this is how you purge the worthless to create a better humanity

No?

Someone that fears you will take the first available opportunity to either escape from under your thumb or get rid of you entirely.

>6 out of 7 people
>implying each continent has the same amount of people
>implying Antarctica has a billion people

Are you stoogin'?

>liberal pussy detected

>"Psychology"
>""""Science"""""

I'm sorry but psychologists are not scientists. They have at best a tenuous grasp on statistics and most didn't even have to pass calc 2.

Everyone apes after europe though, so it's fair

the only place left is the USA, and we know that one

Wait, licking boots makes you a TRUE PATRIOT but saying that fear doesn't breed respect makes me a pussy?

It always happens whenever Sup Forums has something good, someone else has to try their darnedest to insert some strong-feeling argument for no other purpose but just to feel like the smartest person in the room no matter what. Sup Forums isn't allowed to have nice things.

>>I have good reason to believe these people are biased and therefore don't trust their studies on human behavior a reliable source
>DUDE YOUR COMPTUDER IS SCIENCE TO EXPLAIN THAT

So I guess you were spanked a lot as a child, then?

that only means they don't fear you enough

Someone who fears you will take the first opportunity to betray you. They have absolutely 0 loyalty. Someone who truly respects you will voluntarily go against their best interest for you.

>>I have good reason to believe these people are biased

fucking lmao

>Biased

getting some serious retard vibes here

>biased
Reality has a liberal bias, so you should have reason to believe they're right.

>"an act carried out with the intention of causing a child to experience physical pain, but not injury, for purposes of correction or control”
Which includes but is not identical with spa king, as you implied in the post I responded to. So, no, you're wrong.

I'd also like to congratulate you on managing to read 5 separate research papers and evaluating their methodology in 2½ minutes.

Look, retard, I'm not going to read the whole paper when I can see that the abstract alone contradicts your post. This indicates that you a) didn't read even the abstract or b) are just intellectually dishonest.

Fuck, I doubt you even have a degree beyond a bachelor's.

What fear of death have we who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?