F

F

RIP.

F

f & rip
whoever he is

Only the good die young.

Oh, you just made me really sad OP.

Such an incredible artist, his work really captured the spirit of DC Comics for me.

f

F

>batman smiling and laughing
what is this shit?

I miss his art

>Jonah Hex and Batman having a drink together

F

is that the Spirit walking by

>Darwyn never got to make a Cap & Bucky book

yeah he did a bunch of spirit issues

stop making it hurt more

His art's like Alex Ross in the way that makes you feel nostalgic for superheroes and reminds you about their legacy and history
F

>he will never do his GL ongoing

this is what really hurts, he loved Hal and i though he did a better job with him then johns

A great artist and storyteller, although I wasn't wild about his "everything that isn't the silver age is bad" stance

F

F

Was that his opinion? I remember he turned down doing the SOS Earth in Multiversity because he didn't want to be known just for that kind of throwback thing. Didn't seem like he only cared about one era.

>although I wasn't wild about his "everything that isn't the silver age is bad" stance

When he was a kid he never really cared for superheroes, and was interested in the war, western and mystery comics, though.

F

I just read Superman: Kryptonite for the first time. Great little Superman story. New Frontier is probably the one DC story I'd love to get the Absolute version of.
Shame Cooke is gone, because I bet he had a lot of great stories left in him. Great storyteller, great artist. summed it up really well.

I don't completely buy that as being his opinion; I think he just happened to work on stuff where it SEEMS like he only cares for Silver Age. But he drew a Geoff Johns story with Hal and Kyle in it.

Anyone interested if I do a discussion storytime of New Frontier?

He was very much into the whole "modern mythology" stuff, so he preferred working on the big, grandiose stuff that had a almost monuments sense of awe, rather than the more cyclical stuff.

He did a lot of them but towards the end of his life he wanted to get away from being typecast. He said that it was hard to turn down but wrote back to Grant that "if you ever want to do another The Filth hit me up"