Supposedly the same universe as a man with ant powers, talking raccoon, and a dancing tree baby

>supposedly the same universe as a man with ant powers, talking raccoon, and a dancing tree baby

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ongWmLhJeB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...and?

are you dumb?

not everything is bright and shinny across any universe

we have child rapist and murders in our universe but also people who build schools and save lives.

life is a mixed bag you little babby. its all about context which we dont have for whatever this is.

>supposedly
Not canon

Are you really bitching about the addition of realism, dimension, and adult themes in a show based off a a comic series born from other comic series that were meant for little kids

>child murders her own parents
>supposed to take that seriously when the show keeps claiming it's part of the same universe as pic related

David Tennant was the only worth while thing in this series. He did a fantastic job

He's baiting. How are people taking this?

So what? This guy raped millions of people to death before his son's raccoon boyfriend gave him a lethal moon-sized seizure.

You're evidently unaware of Rocket's super serious backstory.

If anything, the Netflix shows are the outliers for being so realistic and dark in a universe full of camp and colorful characters

I don't watch this show but doesn't she constantly take BBC in it? There is no way she would feel some white cracker raping her lol she would probably just laugh the whole time haha

>you raped me

Show me one DA who would file charges against someone for sex where the woman claimed it wasnt consensual and the other party basically hypnotized her.

>reddit format
neatly done

While Kilgrave was raping a bunch of women, in universe, this shit was happening. Makes it hard to take it seriously.

>friend tells a joke
>can't laugh because people are being raped somewhere in the universe right now

>supposedly in the same universe as rape, murder, genocide, poverty, kids being lunch shamed, suicide, and Nickelback

>and if you don't love me now
>you will never love me again

You know, that was actually a point in the show, right?

>seriousness and humor cannot exist in the same universe

wow, solid argument there bud. never seen this one before.

OP is right. That's why I can enjoy the DC movies; I can take them seriously because they're contantly reminding me right to my face that people are suffering, getting raped and killed ALL THE TIME while I watch a man in blue pajamas and a cape flailing through the air.

you watch redacted tonight...................................................................................................................................................i like you

Imagine both these scenes taking place in the same universe. A man made the oh-so wacky mistake of shrinking down a fuel truck rather than a water truck and gave it to a man dressed as the American flag to throw at a guy in a robo suit and his only reaction was "Oh man." Takes away the realism.

Jessica Jones is like Iron Man 1 in that it only uses slight sci-fi. You can believe that stuff could actually happen with only a relatively minor suspension of disbelief.

Then they started adding stuff like Guardians and Doctor Strange. Iron Man 1 doesn't even feel like it's in the same universe as the MCU.

Kamen Riders have always been entertaining sad-sack goofs.

>You can believe Iron Man could actually happen with only a relatively minor suspension of disbelief.
Yeah, no. The suspension of disbelief you need is still enormous; that armor - even the very first one from the cave - is 100% bullshit if we try to analise it as something realistic.

>EVERY MOVIR MUST HAVE THE SAME TONE MORE THAN THEY ALREADY DO

That's an interesting manifestation of autism you have, OP.

>Jessica Jones is like Iron Man 1 in that it only uses slight sci-fi.
>Two near-invulnerable people who got their powers because of reasons, and a guy that can virus you into obeying literal verbal commands.

And that scene was still less of a joke than Kilgrave himself was.

>Takes away the realism.
Realism was never the objective in the first place.

Is reddit format a new meme?

>Kilgrave liked the idea of being a hero
>With his power he would basically be the most powerful hero in the MCU
>But Jessica doesn't allow him to do this because she cant get over her own selfish desires

youtube.com/watch?v=ongWmLhJeB4

You suffer, I suffer. You suffer, I suffer. That’s how it works. Can’t do comparative suffering. If you’re hungry and your friend said,

“You know, people are starving in Africa,”

“So what, nigga? I still want lunch.”

>someone got raped
QUIP
>genocidial AI murdered hundreds of people
QUIP QUIP
>hero find out that his mother has canser
QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
>hero find out that his parents were murdered by friend of your collegue
QUIP QUIP QUIP
>Thanos annihilated Earth
QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPS

>I'm an idiot and fall for the most obvious manipulations
This board is indeed retarded.

You need to separate reality from fiction, homeboy.

I'm with you, OP. If every major story in the MCU is child friendly across the board, it's jarring to see these other stories with such a large tone difference. The movies should have gone with a tone less Disney.

Reality is a mixture of tragedy and comedy. Why is this so hard to understand?

>Things are true if I say them
Sad, not even worth looking at your reply to this.

>Reality is a mixture of tragedy and comedy.
The MCU is not reality.

Do they really pound the "RAPE VICTIM" narrative in as hard as it seems they do?

>states in the exact same episode that he doesn't give a fuck if people die
>makes it clear that the only reason he enjoyed "being a hero" is people worshipping him
>despite pretending to be a better person still treats people like shit and makes it obvious that he's a sack of shit
>later openly admits that the whole charade existed simply because he couldn't control Jessica with his powers, so he had manipulate her
>h-he wanted to be a hero ;_;
You're just an idiot or a Tennant fangirl trying to pretend that his character as anything but a cartoonishly evil character, but I repeat myself.

Did you not watch guardians 1? Where rocket has a damn breakdown over his very existence?

> MCU is so complex that it fucks up OP's perception of western narrative
Bravo Disney

But fiction can reflect reality.

>now

OK lemme rephrase that
Fictional stories CAN be a mixture of tragedy and comedy and still be completely compatible if observed as a whole. Heterogeneity in narrative does not weaken the story, and homogeneity does not ensure a good plot. Above all, people enjoy all sorts of stories, just like people can enjoy all sorts of flavors.

what the fuck is this reddit format shit I keep seeing?

It basically means you structure your post without greentext

On reddit you can't start a new line without a space
This line would simply continue from the last

As such if you want to have a new line you have to leave a space like this. Some people think they can play amatuer detective and spot people who've come here from reddit by the fact they continue to type in that style.

Nigga, Kilgrave wouldn't even have to use his powers on you

>man made the oh-so wacky mistake of shrinking down a fuel truck rather than a water truck and gave it to a man dressed as the American flag to throw at a guy in a robo suit
Oh yeah, so much realism.

not disagreeing with you, reddit's comment format really does work like that i know, but
>user posts his thoughts with each sentence spaced out for easy reading
>somehow bad
this thread got easily derailed by this so who the fuck cares

>kids being lunch shamed
What?

>reddit reply
Fag.

kids who don't have their lunch money are forced to basically be a janitor during lunchtime to pay for their lunch

>two world wars, rise of fascism and dictatorships, cold wars, war atrocities, poverty, pollution, economic crisis
>supposed to take that seriously when it's the same universe as pic related

So? I mean makes the point.

Kids who can't afford school lunches getting shit on by school administrators in order to get access to free lunches.

Are you from reddit?

Reality is unrealistic, artistic "realism" is far more about the human mind's need for internal consistency than it is about depicting things as they could actually happen in the world.

You mean the one where he was created to be an orderly at an intergalactic insane asylum because the looneys would listen to talking animals?

There's various policies at schools for kids who can't afford lunch: They have to act as janitor, they have an actual lunch physically taken away from them and given a slice of cheese on wonder bread, they've even had their lunch thrown away in front of them and their peers, and more.

I hate how these two are all people can mention when MCU's sillyness is brought up.

>Crime stops existing because comedy exists

>characters are murdered, tortured and abused in the SAME movie as this

>supposedly in the same universe as a man with ant powers, talking raccoon, and Squirrel Girl

Jessica Jones and the other Defenders cast deal with street-level issues compared to the apocalyptic and shiny heroics than the Avengers and Guardians face. It's why I've always appreciated the heroes that dealt with the problems that the everyday person faces like racketeering, drug dealing, human trafficking, prostitution, etc. These heroes deal with the scum of humanity everyday without fail and yet retain their unwavering sense that tomorrow will bring a better day for society.

And of course, there's the Punisher whose ideology I can also somewhat empathize with. Some criminals can't be redeemed and need to be put down. He does the job that the other heroes won't and gets hated for it, but Frank is a necessary evil in the war against crime.

So do you just have a learning disability or are you actually brain damaged?

>supposedly in the same universe as a man with ant powers, talking raccoon, and Squirrel Girl

The racoon already joked about prison raping Starlord

Mettle was a meme on Sup Forums.
F.

>people still think netflix shows are a part of mcu

even aos is more connected to mcu

Anyone who the Purple Man uses his powers on feels violated once they wear off and usually feel traumatized by the experience. In that case he literally raped her and didn't see a problem with it because he's convinced that she really does love him but won't say it to spite him.

I don't think there were any quips involved in GotG when it came to the cancer mommy moments, at least not the first film, haven't seen the second.

>Universe has happy little yellow flowers
>Universe has still born babies

IN THE SAME UNIVERSE

FUCK ME

>Universe has puppies and kittens
>Universe has seal bashers
GOOD JOB KEEPING THAT TONAL CONSISTENCY IDIOTS

racoons and tress exist in this world and rape still happens, how unrealistic is that?

There are jokes and humor in Jessica Jones you fucking dumbass, it deals with some heavy shit yes but it isn't tone deaf or humorless unrelenting melodrama.

What? In Canada kids who have no much get a ticket from the office which is good for one free meal at the cafeteria. Nobody is shamed over it. Wtf is wrong with america

Yeah and? I don't know what you're getting at...

But this is COMMON on comics?

He'll, have you seem Hellboy? Whacky talking pets coexisting with the Apocalipse?

Kids need to learn that they must earn their stuff. Except, you know, for those kids whose parents have lunch money to give them. They didn't earn shit and still ate for free. You're basically punishing poverty and showing the system is rigged but don't tell them that.

you like BBC

You send the kids home crying and scared and pissed off so it gets mom and dad's attention so they go into the office and settle the hot lunch bill so the bitch in the office doesn't have to make all those pesky phone calls to settle up the bills.

She has shit to do, like file her nails, and think of other ways to make your kids cry for money.

The sad thing is it fucks with the families that are right on the edge of poverty, the ones with two working parents that are just off of welfare and don't qualify for the free lunch program so the have to pay, but struggle to. It's the worst place to be you don't make anyway near enough to be comfortable and you make too much to get help.

And that's why my kids eat cold lunch.

>They didn't earn shit and still ate for free.

Their parents can provide for their own children, pay taxes so that the other children can get driven to school, and eat food for free.

This is somehow worse than pumping out a kid and not being able to afford rice beans cheese and a tortilla.

I keep laughing when now schools provide lunch and breakfast to kids that are on break. how about backpacks for kids on weekends? I mean why should these parents take care of their kids at all!

Guess all that food stamp money is going to good use, like purchasing soda at higher rates than the affluent and middle classes.

>You're basically punishing poverty

No, they're not allowed to be punished, it would hurt their feelings

You should actually be killed. For real, I would support executing you and everyone that thinks like you. Pure evil stupidity.

JUST LIKE THE COMICS

He raped her before she fucked Luke Cage.

This. Not canon until proven canon in a movie.

who did yellow superman kill?

>"It's not canon because I say it's not!"
Do the world a favour and go play in traffic

Even if it is canon, if there's never going to be a crossover in any way, shape or form, it's the same as if it wasn't.

A variety of tones would be nice if they also existed in the MCU films.

But as it stands, you have the films which are basically only for children, and then you have the Netflix shows for edgy teens who aren't allowed to see tits. The separation line is too defined. Too segregated. It should be spread out evenly.

You seem like a dude who can't see past superficial shit, like you see this and go "oh a talking raccoon! how silly!" and the critical reasoning part of your brain just turns off

i have a hard time seeing this character complain about rape

>"oh a talking raccoon! how silly!"
How the fuck is it not silly, user? Do you watch a movie like Frozen and discuss the politics of Elsa's government or some shit? That's autsitic.

anybody else feel like this thread should be deleted on basis of pure stupidity?

So does that mean that the Time Displaced X-men are non-canon because they don't appear in Amazing Spider-Man? Or that New Super-Man is non-canon because he doesn't appear in Batman?

See

>North Korea on the verge of bombing South Korea and kicking off WWIII.
>Supposed to take that seriously when it's part of the same universe as pic related.