youtube.com/watch?v=DdhveixpV24
mash.wikia.com/wiki/Potterisms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was white

It was just banter.

because suicide is painless

>locking frank in a crate
>putting pudding in hot lip's pillow, and making her tent fall apart
>bullying frank to the point where he wants to get reassigned but then tricks him with fake gold to get him to stay
>hitting him
>throwing Charles' steak outside just because he's upset over something else

>"lol it's just banter"

BECAUSE SHE COULDN'T MAKE THE CHICKEN SHUT UP!

it was top banter and the americans couldnt handle it

hitting someone in the face is not a joke

yes it is cunt

It's just a prank bro.

was killing that baby a joke too?

this

It was abuse

it was so good they knew they couldnt top it, so they ended the series

>flippantly cracking jokes while performing surgery on young men with their bodies torn apart by war

Childhood is idolizing Hawkeye, adulthood is realizing Frank was right all along.

underrated

Dude, that's a low blow

Too bad needle nose didn't get much character development, Charles was a grand improvement but Frank is still a great character

Except Frank was a retard and a shitty surgeon and countless men probably died from his incompetence

That's a major thing people are forgetting about why Hawkeye treats him like shit, he literally has to stand there all day and watch him as good as murder young men

this

old yanks where bantz masters

something happened in the 90's and 2010's and they all turned into soypussies

Maybe he only does that bad because of the constant harassment he deals with every waking moment

youtube.com/watch?v=TpUjnfF6ZhQ

He was allergic

The second cast was better than the first cast. Charles replacing Frank was the best improvement, maybe second to BJ replacing Trapper.

He was in no way equipped to maturely deal with the pressure he was under in the middle of a war and having to save peoples lives in such unideal conditions. He handled his fear and frustration with childish pranks, alcohol abuse and boning nurses. Anything he could really to distract himself from his hostile and stressful surroundings.

>to BJ
Do you know what BJ stand for?

That was a good episode. Legit made me feel

t. Frank

he was drafted

That's no excuse, Radar wasn't an asshole, neither was Klinger

What do you think TRAPper meant?

Bon Jovi?

>Frank is still a great character
They interviewed Larry Linville during his run and asked him "Don't you wish they made your character more sympathetic or likable?" and he replied "You mean like Hawkeye?" as if the interviewer were completely missing the point. Larry was a pro. He didn't jockey for making ferret face more warm, he knew his job and he did it.

>Hawkeye gets Radar injured
>then when he's recovering, Hawkeye lays into him really hard

>"it's just banter"

I preferred Henry to Potter but they were both great

This user gets it.

Radar handled it fine with a teddy bear

>Radar wasn't an asshole,
He was a child in every sense that mattered.

>neither was Klinger
He spent every waking moment trying to get kicked out, it never occurred to him to be hostile

Bingo!

>TRAPper
No clue.

He's bitter and jaded because of all the people who've died right in front of him and because they keep extending his service. That's it.

>because they keep extending his service
he was an ass from the getgo

and he was drafted, he just wanted to be a small town general practitioner not stitch kids back together just so they could be sent back to get shot to pieces over and over

so were a lot of people, what's your problem

Yeah he actually cooled down over time if anything

youtube.com/watch?v=DdhveixpV24

Even after Klinger stopped wearing his outfits he still didn't turn into a dick. I don't think your justification of Radar being a child is fair because Hawkeye was far more childish and still a piece of shit

>life is hard so I can be an asshole

Hawkeye himself would spit on this excuse

Didn't he actually get Frank kicked out of the army for attacking him? How did Hawkeye get away with hitting people and not get kicked out?

I mean, Frank was incompetent so they were better off without him anyway, but still.

I finally get to use my Radar meme

And neither of them were elbow deep in Mince meat all day erry day.
What the fuck did klinger even do around there?

You mean adulthood is realizing CHARLES was right all along.

How much longer does he have left?

Frank and Margaret only wanted the place to be run with tip top efficiency, nothing wrong with that. Henry wasn't a dick either, it was literally just Hawkeye, who knows if Trapper and BJ would've been dicks too if Hawkeye wasn't around

>get Frank kicked out of the army
That would be the single best gift anyone could give, and would completely counter the argument of Hawkeye being an asshole.

>What the fuck did klinger even do around there?

He was on guard duty usually. Tough stuff

>WAAAAH WHY AREN'T REAL WORLD MORALS APPLICABLE IN FICTION
where do you shitbrained fuckwits come from and why can't you stay there in autism land

he was drafted to patch up a bunch of other drafted people. who were butchered in a pointless war.

Yeah Charles did nothing wrong and he was a better surgeon

It's just a discussion of a show you fuckwit.

I think you're the one with autism here, lad.

The blood alone was enough to drive anyone mad

>Frank and Margaret only wanted the place to be run with tip top efficiency, nothing wrong with that
They wanted people to pretend everything was all right and not insane and no one else was interested in their folie a deux, eventually Hot Lips included. Frank was terrified of the world outside their tents and overcompensated by being a strident martinet.

Also, one of the oldest memes in military fiction is that officers are pussies and this show was no exception.

Henry was Radar's best friend and he died, that didn't make him mean, when he was injured on his way to R&R it didn't make him mean, he went through a lot too.

Fuck you he did his job. Let's see you do the same while doing push ups and singing the national anthem in all your free time.

>How did Hawkeye get away with hitting people and not get kicked out?

The Lieutenant usually helped him out. Wasn't he almost court marshalled in one episode

>Charles did nothing wrong
except the characteristic snub that landed him in the MASH unit to begin with, or did you forget that

MASH starts already several years into the Korean War. All 13 years of the series take place during the final year when they were in a stalemate and negotiating a cease fire.

Radar was a turbomanlet and wasn't in much of a position to go around getting on peoples bad side

What the hell was his problem?

He was drafted for the war, wasn't he? I'd be pretty mad too if I was drafted.

>Why was he such an asshole?
He was there against his will, and because he was one of the best trauma surgeons in the army it meant the army needed him patching people up more than they needed to set an example.

Dr Pierce I'm CIA

Ironically Gary Burghoff was the most difficult cast member for everyone to get along with and they were relieved when he got written out of the show. Dude was born with a useless cripple hand you can occasionally see (note how long his sleeves are) and he had a chip on his shoulder about it. Pretty much retired from acting after leaving the show.

>mad at getting drafted

They were saving the world from Communism. Save the beatnik tears you should be proud to serve your country

>All 13 years of the series take place during the final year
My understanding is each season takes place in roughly 6 months which is why they were careful not to do a Christmas episode every season (and there were more than one).

nice LARPing faggot

ferret face

>that boxing day/christmas episode where they changed ranks with the enlisted men
>Hawkeye is a mopey insufferable faggot the entire time cuz he has to clean a couple windows

Frank was a man that never had control of his own life.

His mother bullied him into becoming a surgeon, and marrying a woman he didn't love. His wife was cold and didn't love him.

Becoming a doctor in the army was the best thing that happened to Frank. He was away from the women that ruined his life. He finally got to be in charge for once.

Then Hawkeye and Trapper had to ruin it all. Subordinates that should have shown his rank respect, were bullying him. All because he wasn't as good of a surgeon and a stickler for the rules.

Even his affair with Hotlips was showing. He was completely whipped by her and he loved it. Because it was finally his choice.

>He finally got to be in charge for once
being in charge means being able to deal with guys like Hawkeye and Trapper without whining and fuming

You're right about what was done to him by his mother and wife and Hot Lips but he was ostensibly an adult able to make his own choices and he continued to make shitty ones. If the best he could do for himself was live in a temporary world where his authority was at best on paper, well too fucking bad for him that the frat boys didn't play along.

Outstanding

that can't be. As the MASH, in universe, didn't move. except a few times. where they promptly moved back to where they were.

the first year was the north pushing the south all the way to the southern coast. then it was the US pushing the north to china. then china pushing the US to the 38th paralle. Then china and the US fighting back and forth.

so the show has to be after china joins. they even mention the chinese in both the Henry and Potter eras.

>I mean, Frank was incompetent
no he wasnt. he was a good surgeon, he was just a stickler for the rules as an officer

Charles is the best character in the show. Prove me wrong.

>being able to deal with guys like Hawkeye and Trapper without whining and fuming
What is he going to do? Throw the two best docs in the brig for making him look like an asshole?

>the MASH, in universe, didn't move. except a few times. where they promptly moved back to where they were

I'm unsure about this, I assumed they moved around but the terrain never changed because of TV budgets. If you can prove otherwise I concede.

Command authority without whining like a whipped puppy, the way Blake and Potter did.

Horse Hockey

>that episode where he opens up about how cold and unloving his father was
>"Every dinnertime we'd sit down together and my father would take turns beginning with me asking "Well Charles, you first. What did you do today?""

Feels were felt

>blake
>authority

He tried to be a jew

buffalo biscuits

All I remember is in one episode they were forced to move the entire camp half a mile up the road and promptly back again as fronts shifted.
They never properly moved location until the Finale

He was a shitty trauma surgeon, but a decent regular doctor.

David Ogden Stiers is the American Alan Rickman, making him probably the best actor they had on the show in a regular role. He took a caricatured antagonist and imbued him with enough gravitas that the writers had to take it seriously. It's also a blessing that the actors on this show were generous to one another, letting them shine.

mash.wikia.com/wiki/Potterisms

If he told the boys to back off, they generally did. Blake was a joke otherwise and Radar was arguably the one running the place until Potter arrived.

It was made clear he was objectively a bad surgeon. Hawkeye had to constantly correct him and even intervene on his mistakes.
He apparently didn't actually barely earned his doctorate but had his families connections fix it for him