>right
new 4K disc

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=11116&d2=11117&s1=109107&s2=109133&i=9&l=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

looks worse

im thinking that hollywood needs to burn already

I saw the 4K 3D version of T2 in theaters. It looked good to me and the 4K pics look good too.

right looks like it was from matrix computer world, coloring is off with green hue and too much contrast

post-processing was a mistake

Right looks better for the faces but left looks better for lighting on the metal.

What's the point? Does recoloring like this really entice people to rebuy it yet again?

why does the resolution drastically effect the colors ?

It doesn't. They changed the colors to contrast more, and reduced the film grain so that the footage appears sharper, because only 20% of the population can actually tell the difference between 1080p and 2160p.

This is an abomination.
STOP MEME COLOR GRADING CLASSIC MOVIES

Im old enough to have seen it on release day back in 91. Went to the first screening too, because back then the prints would get dirty fast. Anyway, to me the left side is closer to what I remember from that original screening. Warm colors were bright and contrasted, unlike the right side here. The reds are darker and almost flat on the right side. It stinks of digital color grading imo.

both are kind of fucky, you should shop in the orignal for comparison

Slapping on a blue filter has been a trend for over a decade now.
>LoTR EE bluray
>blade runner final cut
>etc
But that's not even the worst thing, it looks like another case of plastic-face DNR like pic related
>reduced the film grain
>footage appears sharper
Pick one, retard. If it's sourced from a new master than that's different, but reducing grain with DNR reduces the original detail

Needs more blue.

4k is more blue then bluray

>Viewing crappy pictures on the internet.
>Not watching the film on your brand new OLED 4k tv with HDR going to see for yourself.

the right is absolute shit

>to see for yourself
Why? People always uploaded screenshots, and it looks like shit:
>caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=11116&d2=11117&s1=109107&s2=109133&i=9&l=0
>that detail in the original
>completely washed away with DNR in the "4k"
Look at the cheek, the different in detail on the 5 o'clock shadow in the original BD vs the new 4k. It's completely butchered and looks closer to a wax sculpture.

With motion interpolation activated.

they put arnies head on the stuntman for the cycle jump and it looked bad
blade runner didn't have its colors changed

>blade runner didn't have its colors changed
Yes, it did in the final cut, and notoriously so, because the senile hack (Scott) claimed it was the definitive version.

I've seriously started to hate that old senile fuck in recent years. He is approaching Lucas levels of retardation.

Looking forward to downloading the color corrected pirate release of the 4k version.

This, top and bottom the left is better. Two middle ones right is better

Are you are a snyder fan?

That blue filter is disgusting in OPs pic.

Real life people look pink.....

Right looks better.

>wahh wahh suit man is tinted green

He's in a flourescent-lit office. He *should* look blue-green.

You can fix DNR. The transfer is noticeably clearer due to the resolution, but then they go and destroy it by removing grain. Pic related, look what they did with the Predator "remaster".

Have 4K discs been cracked yet?

Grain removal for stuff that was shot on film is fucking moronic.

>motion interpolation activated.
why does this even exists is completely beyond me

>Right looks better for the faces but
Imagine being so pleb that you fall for noise reduction and think it looks better.
>Right looks better.
See It does not, it's been manipulated digitally and is no longer the original footage

I don't like grain. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

I prefer the 4k. I don't know the details of the older blu-ray but it should not be that grainy looking. T2 would have been shot on very fine grain film stock. That looks like it may have been sourced from a print of the film. Even with a bit of DNR messing up the guy's facial hair you can make out so much more of the text on the milk carton that says to me the 4k release must be from something closer to the original development process.

Yes.

POST HERSHEY MAN

>not wanting your big budget Hollywood movie to look like someone's home movie recording of the film set

how? I looked into 4K when upgrading my computer and the amount of drm equipment required was crazy.

>remaster

That's just smooth skin that's been well taken care of. Not everyone has a facial moon landscape like you.

looks fine in motion

I think all that's available on torrents are upscaled 1080p blurays.

you can always record the screen as a last resort

the guy is the suit looks worse in the 2nd screenshot.

Exactly, so why ruin it with DNR? And know that DNR looks even worst in motion

>reducing grain with DNR reduces the original detail
>what is a Domain Transform Guided Bilateral Filter

Nigga are you still using After Effects 5.5?? If your denoising filter is just blurring everything you are doing it wrong.

The next release will look like this.

Right one without the awful green tint would be perfect.

>Are you are a snyder fan?
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the comparison.

You are horrendouly misinformed

You can't spell for shit

Enlighten me. Everything out there were captures and upscales last time I looked into it.

Here's about 2 minutes of quick colour correction using photoshop.

Better?

Fixed resolution

This is pretty much what happens if the director got rich and famous. No one will tell them straight in their face if something is a bad idea.

>Thoughts?

it's called BLU-ray for a reason

I take it this is HDR?

The question for me is whether we're seeing something closer to the original film (i.e. the way its makers intended it to be seen) or are watching the color processing that some grunt put together for the home video release?

how about we change colors for every fucking new release?

you're GODDAMN RIGHT

thank god it's blue now

the EE one is edited to look more blue. The tint is absolutely there, but it's nowhere as near as bad as that pic. It's really not noticable unless you're doing a side by side comparison.

nah, you're distinctly wrong and retarded pal, the faces on the right definitely look clearer and more detailed.

To get people to buy two releases? To make it look like the studio "listens to the fans" when they release a corrected version? To appease casualshits who think film grain is something to get rid of?

This here, man. The DNR here is better than past releases. There a dramatic improvement in overall clarity of the image with only a mild sacrifice in visible details. I'd take that trade any day because when you are watching a film in motion the increased contrast will come across as a more 3 dimensional and powerful image.

I could live without the typical orange and teal blu-ray color cast. But fans will fix that.

Pleb use of a patrician quote

hackson fuck off

film is dead

With nearly equal color it becomes an artistic choice. Do you want hard light or soft light? It makes a difference. Compare the second row of images in the biker bar.

Left, soft light: Hazy pool room. Dreamy, slightly comedic tone. Biker in the background is less blurry giving the scene a more ven feel.

right, hard light: higher contrast creates a more dramatic and threatening look. blurrier background due to selective DNR makes the 1st biker seem even more prominent in the frame.

These are things directors care about and if you go monkeying with them you're actively changing the narrative of the story. Amateurs who work to "restore" films often default to making a scene look as contrasty as possible, likely due to an obsession with "inky blacks" or some such home cinema enthusiast nonsense when that is not intended with every scene in films. Often gray is supposed to be gray.

Top and bottom = Left is better

Middle ones = Right is better

it is.

>Film grain was hiding the actor's mutant dolphin skin the whole time

No wonder there was such a push back on digital

It doesn't get much bluer.

God I just can't stop pooping right now it's like every post made here just shoots right out of me.

Thanks YIFY

Movie studios think coloring their old movies like puke makes them more "modern"

speak english

Italy actually look really good.

>adds green
Done!

changes the mood of the shot too much imo

3rd right scene looks like its from the matrix

>le blue filter

Be attentive now. We're gonna watch the plane crash in 4K, all of us. I know how I'm going to get TDKR in 4K. But where would I stream it?

>more "modern"

THEY'RE OLD FUCKING FILMS!

IF I WANTED A NEW FILM I'D WATCH A NEW FILM!

Wow that's a pretty disappointing 4K transfer. It should be consistently better in every scenario but the color correction screws it.

It might just be me being a product of my time but I think I prefer the left for the middle two images. The level of realism shown on the screen these days is unnerving to me, almost uninteresting. I don't really want to see movies like I'm standing in the room, especially for something as charmingly 80s dated as Terminator.

Why did they change the colors? Left looks more realistic, right looks weird. Not that movies necessarily need to have realistic lighting/color, but the latter was obviously not done for artistic reasons.

Looks better than the remaster but still worse than the original

Wow, looks like a bad day for night. Would love to see what cocksucker did this and thought he was improving upon the film.

that's good because hes ugly

I noticed this when it first came out and everyone around me "couldn't see it" so I had to watch Troy on Bluray on a 72 inch TV like this.

It blows, but it is an interesting experience to watch your most favorite movies like that just to get another perspective on them.

What's with the blue filter? Jesus fucking Christ.

although the one on the right looks crisp and clear without the grain, i prefer left, i like the older films like terminator to have that grainy effect

>tfw like the Director's Cut more because no blue filter but the Final Cut is the only Blu Ray in print
>tfw the only way to get Director's Blu-Ray is to buy the 5-disc edition that costs $70+
>tfw 4K Director's Cut never

>although the one on the right looks crisp and clear without the grain
Except it doesn't, you can notice blurring in fine detail if you check the screenshots, and it looks like that because it's a completely new transfer, hence the 4k.

MoVies are not real life.....