How come Cartoon Network didn't want to bring this show back?

How come Cartoon Network didn't want to bring this show back?

Because it was shit, like almost every other Cartoon Cartoon?

Serious responses only.

>Small market interest in Kids Next Door nowadays
>Seemingly continuity driven, which is better suited for Adult Swim or streaming
>Up-ends the original show's ending
Probably these.

>Small market interest in Kids Next Door nowadays

Debatable since the movie has more than 1 million views on YouTube, but I see your point. It's not a "classic" like PPG.

>Seemingly continuity driven, which is better suited for Adult Swim or streaming

Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe rely heavily on continuity. If anything, the network has more shows that focus on continuity now than it did when KND originally aired.

>Up-ends the original show's ending

They had a spin-off planned that would have focused on the Galactic Kids Next Door, but the network didn't want it.

>Galactic Kids Next Door
That's what I was talking about.

They'd rather invest in TTG and other garishly bright/random humor shows than something that's a little more creatively sound. CN, at this point, doesn't give a shit about anything good anymore and would rather shove more reruns and marathons into their schedule.

That show was fucking horrible. Even as a young kid it made me cringe.

Because the network is run by adults.

I'm not sure what you're inferring here. How would that upend the ending of the original show? If anything, it left it open for more stories to be told.

It's not teen Titans go

Original: Nigel went into space for many years with the GKND, then met with Sector V again on the moon
Galactic: Nigel went into space, then came back about a year later to annihilate humanity
Can't really see how the two could co-exist desu.

They bring back PPG, Teen Titans and Ben 10 like 5 times, but not this show. What gives?

You actually want your show to be ruined like those were?

I'm completely serious, not baiting.

Galactic could have served as the years between Nigel's departure and return. Kind of like how Dragon Ball Super serves as the time between Buu's defeat and the ending of DBZ.

Okay then, why was Kids Next Door bad?

Some shows did it right.

Because it was very simplistic and childish, and has little to no rewatch value even for manchildren?
Now THAT'S some fucking bait.

You're not even trying.

I'm not sure which part of my post you're responding to, but either way you're retarded.

Because technology is too prevalent. Every kid and their grandmother most likely has various pieces of quality technology at their disposal. The cool factor for KnD was their 2x4 Technology. A planks of wood with a trigger, or ketchup/mustard pistols, just aren't as appealing to kids, now that people have the ability to make so much more. One of the few ways it might work, would be if it was some shitty smartphone related thing, and the apps were acronyms for stuff their phones can turn into.

Both obviously should stop giving you the you's you so desperately crave

speaking of Buu