Which is better? Time for war

Okay y'all, time to start another war. Which is actually the best show? Star vs the forces of evil? Or, Steven Universe?

Begin

Steven vs the Diamonds of Evil

Who should give a fuck, and why should I care?

that horse. show whose name cant be said because Sup Forums fears what it's created back in 2010 and that's why it stays in heaven

SVTFOE because the plot actual moves forward, the animation isn't lazy like SU, The filler EPs are trashy and boring to watch, better charter development and Longer episodes

They are about the same level.

Steven Universe obviously.

Steven Universe has entertained me more.

But I prefer Star Vs visually

Star Vs but both are pretty subpar.

>lesbians, the show
vs
>pic related, the show

Is neither an option?

Star is miles better

This picture is wrong, Steven would be too pussy to actually fight.

I don't get it.

But he's fought plenty of times

I can't make it any more obvious for you user I'm sorry.

Loud house, I win

any show is better than SU

Gumball

Even ttgo is better than Steven universe

Unlike Sugar, Nefcy doesn't shy from shitting on her characters. As it should be.

there is nothing more pathetic than trying to start a war between 2 fandoms.
like seriously man kys.
the fanart is cool tho

>the plot actually moves forward

Lmao if you can find the plot buried under mounds and piles of boring ship bait catered to 13 year old girls

How would you say Gravity Falls compares to those 2?

SU < Grabbity Balls < Star Vs < No Need For Greg.

>One show known for fuckups, terrible episodes, and shoddy quality across near all seasons
>The other known for a shit first season with episodes ranging from complete garbage to just OK, then having a more interesting second season with a more consistent quality
>Both are generally just OK

They're two different spectrums of autism fagola, but Steven Universe is a shitcake through and through that's watched by waifufags and the 52 flavors of made up sexualities on tumblr.

You obviously don't watch the show if you believe that.

Steven Universe has done better shit, point blank.

Did Sup Forums just get BTFO?

Starcucks will deny it, but SU is better in every way. The fact that people will try to take the little shit we've gotten from Star Vs as "lore" comparable to SU or even fucking Gravity Falls is pathetic. Seriously. Fuck Nefcy "The Feminist."

baby is HOT

This is the correct answer.

I hate Steven Universe due to all the time I invested it getting wasted by the terrible new seasons and Star I could never get into even when it was at it's best (and it's best is merely okay)

Nigger that song and fight were garbage

SU obviously, but there is an extremely vocal minority of SU haters on Sup Forums

Basically an edgy romance.

Star is capable of reality warping levels of magic. Her main problem is that she's too bloody lazy and unfocused to effectively use her full potential.

Against a couple of lesbian mineral based quantum supercomputers? No contest.

SU is trash

On a slightly unrelated note, why does SU have, or at the very least SEEM to have, more popularity than Star or a lot of other cartoons?

shit, that sounds cool

Steven universe actually gets views.

Star Vs can't even break .20 million after being banished to XD.

The people have spoken.

>time for war
>starting a fandom war
What are you? 12?

Steven Universe is boring to me, and StarVS is my favourite show right now.
So it's kind of obvious wich one I prefer.
However, i think the last Steven Universe episodes were kind of interesting.

Are we counting season 2 past "Not What he Seems" or are we pretending it doesn't exist? Either way, I'd still put it above Steven universe, but for Ster vs. it depends.

Counting past it, of course. Why wouldn't we?

Then you ADMIT that Loud House and Samurai Jack are better.

>This
/thread
Stop baiting on this shit, Sup Forums.

>No Need For Greg
That's no fair, there are few shows that can hold up to No Need For Greg.

Star vs is for children because it bores me I am an intelligent person while Steven Universe entertains me constantly.

The one based off of Neon Genesis Evangelion

Early SU > SvTFoE > Current SU

SU was always shit

Current SU> Shit vs the Forces of Shit

>called forces of evil
>no actual forces of evil

w0t
Because it's on CN.

Except Sup Forums's version of " No Need For Greg"
That sounds like pure awesome condensed into something perceivable to human eyes.

star is the less discusting SU its pro LGTB agit pro

Because Star vs the Forces of Evil is shit.

I am sorry but its just shit, I only watch it because I was bored and Sup Forums hyped it and almost dropped it after five episodes but was hooked from the first episode of Steven Universe.

The main characters are unlikable no matter how fappable they are. The plot is stupid a magical girl goes to normie dimension because it would help her straight out or some shit so she can master her magic wand and become the ruler of her kingdom? All the while some midget with a issues due to being the runt in his family wants to steal the wand to takeover the world even though the protagonist could kill him at any time. She is joined by a pseudo spic called Marco who for some reason doesnt have friends and doesnt just fuck her because hes a dude and has a dick. I have also never heard a spic teenager sound like Marco before either.

They need to stop trying to push there side channels.

Nobody wants there side channels.

You were hooked on SU from the first episode? I can see your point about Star, but how do you get hooked on SU?

Marco for some reason doesnt just take advantage of the retard and her magic and has confidence issues with some white whore called Jackie. Another female character is a tomboy called Janna who should have a bigger social circle honestly and is really hideous.

Episodes are basically Star is a retard and causes an issue she needs to fix, the lore is well nonexistent honestly because the show takes place in the Normie dimension and not fucking Mewni.

They try to create a plot by making a competent villain only for Star to knock him out then you have this shit with Glossaric(I cant spell his name) being kidnapped and now the Toffee nonsense all over again with Toffee going god mode and beating the council or some shit.

Meanwhile it focuses on stupid shit kids dont care about like teenage romance, Star being too shy to let Marco know her feelings just fucking kiss him already you slut.

Steven Universe is just interesting.

It was. At least the gems were. Between the reveal of Lapis and YD's song. Now we know how the space nazi story will end.

Diamond Authority are more like Soviet Russia not Nazi Germany.

>Now we know how the space nazi story will end
Tell me, because I don't know

He sings a song for YD about how great earth is and she sees the error of her way, becomes gay and starts living on the farm with Peridot and Lapis.

She won't destroy earth or enslave its population. The Cluster never mattered. She'll probably cry and/or sing.

Steven Universe runs the problem of being promising yet not knowing how to deliver on that potential, and it only got slightly better then much worse as the seasons went on. Layered with tons of inconsistencies and episodes of pointess filler that can't even bother to meet a decent standard of entertaining, you have a slightly below average show that's just a borefest to sit through, hyped by kiddies who got into any plot/lore oriented media just yesterday. Somehow its fandom hasn't noticed that the show was always painfully mediocre at ever being interesting with its plot/lore.

Star vs runs the problem of having weaknesses far worse than that of Steven Universe but also strengths far better than that of Steven Universe. Qualitative inconsistencies everywhere, far more hectic than that of SU, and much harder to sit through when it's bad with its highly saturated energy. But at least it can owe itself not to contradict its own themes and established points at every turn when things are about to get interesting. Plus the subtleties of the character dynamics are actually pretty good for a cartoon if you can look past the surface of saturated dopamine. Also the staff actually knows how to use the 11 and 20 minute format unlike SU's crew.
The fandom doesn't deny its weaknesses but I swear to god if there's potential lore involved, they just ignore everything else when in fact it's even weaker than SU's.

Both are average as hell and overhyped by their respective fandoms. The difference is that Star vs delivers on its potential and turns out ok while SU doesn't and turns out as limpdick as it started. Take that how you will.

Also OP's a faggot, fandom wars are for faggots, especially ones about children's cartoons.

I've made my choice about two months ago. Back when I was picking a cartoon to watch to try and relax from university related stresses I did have this choice. Either Steven Universe or Star Vs.
What I knew about Steven Universe was that it was full of lesbian allegories and that Steven was kind of a little whiner.
What I knew about Star Vs was that it was about some overdesigned alien girl OC with magical powers.
Wasn't really attracted by the thought of watching a cartoon that was clearly made with a very specific demographic in mind and heavy "progressive" elements.
So I chose Star Vs. I do not regret my decision whatsoever.

Steven Universe is a really good and well thought out show. It may he cringy at times and not every episode is a masterpiece, but the show is beautiful. It takes life and shows us the beautiful things in it, almost from an alien perspective. Steven is a bundle of joy who just wants everyone to be happy, and the gems learn and grow to become normal and happy people due to Steven's outlook on it. Every scene between characters feels like actual people are talking to each other and growing as people in the process. It feels cohesive. It's consistent (for the most part in tone). Steven can have pretty bad animation at times and some episodes are really stupid but it feels real. It's pretty and heartfelt, and as a conservative faglord it's surprising such a liberal show can drag one in. It's respectful to everyone. It's easy to get into, and the characters are naive and really likable. It's got this childlike wonder to the dialogue, similar to Uncle Grandpa in that regard, which I also enjoy.

Star is a decent show but everything feels half assed. The premise is weak and season one is very inconsistent because of this. A strong finale is not enough to save what felt like just mediocre filler. After the painful first season, season 2 continues with more standalone episodes that are insufferable to sit through as Star acts like a complete air head and Marco is dragged through whatever shit adventure they go on next. Then things get a bit more interesting with Eclipsa and Jackie then it's filler of Star doing stupid shit, then she gets chucked and the season ends. It's boring stupid teen drama with no purpose but to ship bait. The plot isn't interesting and the best parts are the small things like Buff Frog, Ludo, and Marco's standalone episodes. It's like the entire show is Adventure Time's sixth season. It's boring, tries too hard to be deep, and not unwatchable. It's still decent enough to keep up with though. I just can't stand Star, sorry.

Steven Universe wins

This.

>Jackie
>interesting
Pick one

>No Need for Greg
im glad people still remember that show.God i hate how the new one has overshadowed it completely.
No Need for greg is better than any show airing right now.

>Both are generally just OK
>Steven Universe is a shitcake through and through
we got a tsundere over here

>and she sees the error of her way
Yellow casually murders her own species, humans are like hamsters to gems she wouldnt give a shit what Steven says to her.

>not watching both to be able to draw a comparison

You calling yourself an university student is an insult to the institution.

I lose interest in Steven Universe a while back because the show lose all the impact that it use to have in the early seasons and at the same time all its primary characters become boring, just shadows that sometime do stuff and where we are told that they are good people that did nothing wrong.

I feel like both shows are carried out by their MC and if you dislike them then you dislike their shows.

I'm sick of Steven "everyone is good inside and if i cry enough they will become my friends" Univers and is affecting my enjoyment fo the show

This sounds like a copypasta.
Or maybe two copypastas even.

Star's better animated, but SU isn't hideously annoying and the humor resonates with me better, so SU.

What if I told you that I didn't give a single shit about either of the shows before watching either of them?
Now I just don't give a shit about SU.
Star Vs was pretty fun to watch, for the purpose I watched it. Caught me by surprise, in fact.

>arguing over second place

That is my main problem with steven universe is steven. He is a total pussy emotionally and cry about everything. He is an idiot that thinks everyone is good an doesn't know it yet. But also demonizes jasper for doing her job and not really doing any damage, yet thinks lapis is the greatest thing ever despite she tried to murder the entire earth and tried to kill him and his friends and broke his dads leg. And he is completely brain dead now he could have easily beat aquamarine and topaz if he thought for a second but nope I got to cry and give myself up for no reason saying his mom is evil for killing someone who wanted to genocide the earth. Oh and he got ronaldo broken up with his girlfriend and didn't care. That's what sucks is the main character is an insufferable overly emotional prick.

Star if we're comparing them both as a whole, but Steven if it's just the first season of both.

SU had a great, strong first season -- regardless of how much of a shit heap it has since become, with its wandering plot, slow, ponderous dialoge and fucking townies, townies, bomb after bomb about filler and fuck all else. The show really shone when it was about slowly expanding lore and Steven's growth and understanding of his place in the world.

In contrast, Star's first season is pretty memey/randumb humour spliced with a few neat episodes and a great overall villan. And then season 2 hits and characters start growing in interesting, unusual arcs and the comedy really starts to shine. I watched season 1 Star because the animation was cool and I was bored: season 2 had me hooked each week.

SU's highs are better that Star Vs.'s highs, but the inconsistency in SU's quality pisses me off so much that I'd rather watch Star Vs. anyways because I know at least the filler episodes in that can be funny.

Also, SU excels in relationships between its adult characters. Star Vs. excels in portraying adolescent relationships. As far as preference for character development goes, you're going to have to choose your strokes.

Sounds like an interesting crossover idea
>Steven Mewniverse
although I hate the ugly Star vs character designs, they all look like horrid walking memes, with that being said, I'm willing to give it a try

Star. it treats romance and such in a much more straightforward manner, plot has actually been progressing much faster and we actually get continuity rather than having 2 plot episodes every 6 townie eps. it's also not full of lesbians that aren't lesbians "because they're rocks"

>I know at least the filler episodes in that can be funny.

Name one.

go back to Sup Forums you fag, we have enough shit taste here as-is.

and SU' are any better?

no, seriously, look Lars, Sadie, shit half the time Stven looks like a fucking babbon. you can argue what you want but design-wise SU is very low and the inconsistent art doesn't help.

Star Vs. has always been on a premium channel while Steven Universe is on basic cable.

It was never "banished" there (like Gravity Falls), it was intended to be there from the beginning and so it took it much longer to get any sort of fan attention at all.

Not trying to say either is better or worse than the other; just it's not a fair comparison to act like both are available to the same people and audiences are only choosing to watch one more or less than the other because of quality. The system guarantees Star Vs. will pretty much always have less attention because fewer people have the channel than they do CN.

This is what happens when you have rampant monopolies. Free market types, take note.

Star vs the Diamonds of Universe

Fucking this.

I love both shows, but you have to admit that they have their flaws and both their fanbases are cancer, Steven Universe's more so but Star can be just as bad especially when it comes to shipping.

With Steven at least you got all the couples matched up, Steven and Connie, Ruby and Sapphire, Rose and Greg. But with Star, its cuck this and cuck that and that Monstar shitposting that won't fucking go away.

>not dan vs. the forces of evil instead

Apples and oranges.

Someone please delete the fuck out of this shit thread right now.

I'm casting my vote for Star Vs. I really wanted to like Steven Universe more, but but its pacing was a lot worse. It has a poor balance between townie episodes and Gem episodes. The humor in Star can be more cringey at times, but it also can be serious without everyone fucking crying.
Now that a plot seems to be actually picking up, Star vs wins hands down. It might not have everything SU has, but at least it can keep me interested.

i didn't watch every ep ...of the two show ..I like both of them ..who i like better?!...i think SU i watch Star but i feel the Fandom Care more about shipping more than the story, I mean i really watch the show to know about Eclipsa,SU Milking it too much you can make less Filler ep his world is so big but the cast is so small but after the daimond appear and more secret about Rose ...i think it's time for SU to end ..

Brilliant.

AT > SJ > SU > MLP > SVTFOE

Not the same guy, but I feel the same way. Even the worst "filler" of Star had at least one fun joke.

Is it wrong I want to fuck stars mouth.