What do you think of the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy?

What do you think of the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQdOOTQnuvk
youtube.com/watch?v=vP_1T4ilm8M
youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love it.
Part 3 is my favorite, but 2 is the best.

A (very) flawed series but an enjoyable one. It gets major points for doing a lot of stuff right before capeshit movies made it really big and got a "formula" that you see eight times a year now.

>You think the holocaust did not happen, man of Man of Spiders? Oh it did happen... just not how Jews tell it. The Jew say the Germans killed them all... but that is lie. In my homeland we knew what the Germans were doing... and we did our own extermination. I was barely a man grown and I was fixing the doors of Jewish houses... fixing them so they would stay closed while my brother set them ablaze. I can still remember the smell, the smell of cooking flesh and the sounds of feeble fists knocking on the door, trying to break it down. My brothers are all dead now... but I can still fix doors, and I will fix your door in time
Spider-Man 2.1 was a dumb title but the extra scenes were pretty good

It was a different time.

First two are legit good, third is deeply flawed but its an interesting type of flawed. Sandman stuff is 10/10.
Comic readers love to shit on them as never being good/only good because of nostalgia but I just watched 2 and it holds up. When it comes to themes the movie does a good job as an adaptation, its all about Peter balancing his personal live with his responsibilities as a hero and thats always been a big part of the comics.

>oyyyy vey peter, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that with great shekels come enormous tax liabilities! sound investing can make sure those goys don't get a penny!
I can't believe I forgot this scene.

>the nu-males from Sup Forums have arrived with their "funny" memes

Not even memeing it is capekino. It has quips but also soul unlike the conveyer belt shit the MCU puts out, and it gets dark while still being meaningful unlike the DCEU's edginess for edginess sake.

>The humorless cunt from tumblr has arrived to get butthurt
It's pointless to get mad over Sup Forums memes

the only good superhero movies are the dark knight trilogy, spiderman 1 and 2 and the 1966 batman film

>Look up the trailer for 1
youtube.com/watch?v=EQdOOTQnuvk
Holy fuck

Its not anger, these memes suck. Not in a "I'm really offended" kinda way, as in they aren't funny.
Some people like actually talking about movies but I wouldn't expect a Sup Forums shitposter to understand such a novel concept.

>Hey faggot! Nice outfit! Did your husband make that for you?
>It was a different time.

i'll say

i know. i cringed through the whole thing too

Do any movie trailers age well?

>Dignifying capeshit with actual discussion

There's another website you might enjoy more than this one.

The original Star Wars trailer was pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=vP_1T4ilm8M

WE COULD RULE THIS CITY, SPIDAMAN

I don't understand the whole "Raimi is a massively racist and homophobic anti-Semite" thing. Dude's a jew himself.

>not wanting to discuss comic things on a comics board.
nah m8 thats not how we roll on Sup Forums

Sam Raimi truly is a genius, Bravo!

Was that ripped from one of the old GBA videos or something? Dat quality.

Fun to Goofy, Toby had excellent casting back in the day, American Flag didn't really make sense to me until I got older.

This trailer's greatest sin is not using any of the movie's music. Maybe John Williams hadn't finished by that time.

Loved the first two actually.

Casting was pretty damn good the more I think about it.

1 was amazing.
2 was boring.
3 was so bad it made me swear off comic movies, and the only one I've seen since is Lego Batman, if that even counts.

>Raimi later admitted that roughly 50 hours of footage was filmed of Dafoe's performance as Norman Osborn, with barely 1% of this making the final cut.'We just had reels and reels of it,' the director said, 'I would say cut, but he would just keep going deeper and darker, bringing all of these ideas into it that weren't in the script. For example, a sub plot of Norman's father being an SS officer, or the idea that the Goblin transformation represented Nietzsche's Ubermensch. So after I while, I stopped saying 'cut'.' Other actors recalled Dafoe's usage of multiple props to aid his performance that he brought himself, presumably from his own home. 'He had this large green dildo he loved to wave about,' Tobey Maguire remembers, 'sometimes he would bring it out of nowhere and slap me across the face with it. During fight scenes when we were grappling on the ground he would tease it around my 'beautiful asshole', as he called it.' James Franco also recalled him having 'this large, antique bullwhip... we asked where he got it from, and he would only say that it was a family heirloom. Some prop guys on set said it must have been from at least the 1800s. ON a few occasions when I fucked up my lines, he would threaten me with it, telling me to give him an excuse 'to pay out like old Buck Dafoe did to the little negro boys'. Another actor from the film, who requested she remained private, said Dafoe always had a copy of the Quran lying around on set, and some PAs caught him 'pouring over it repeatedly' in his trailer.

I have about 45 screenshots of these memes, should I just make one big image with them?

A handful of good moments an excellent takes on villains (Octopus/Sandman) in an otherwise awful, cringy series of films.

1 and 2 are still my favorite Marvel movies.

I actually enjoyed them, is there any specification or meaning behind the whole antisemitism memes popping up on Sup Forums whenever this is brought up?

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are the best adaptations of the character on the big screen and it will probably remain that way going by the trailers for Homecoming. Even though Peter acted almost nothing like he does in the comics the core and the themes were still the same and that's what matters the most.

I dislike sympathetic doc oc.

not likely. lucas gave Williams a lot of time (like 6-8 months) to make the music for all his films.

It started with the "nice outfit, did your husband make it for you?" line in the first movie, which would probably cause an outrage if it happened nowadays...and then the meme makes Uncle Ben a nazi sympathizer, Peter into an ultra-homophobe, and Mr. Ditkovich into a bosnian war criminal. And Norman Osborn loves to pee on anthills too.

Yeah do it !

See
> It started with the "nice outfit, did your husband make it for you?" line in the first movie, which would probably cause an outrage if it happened nowadays...and then the meme makes Uncle Ben a nazi sympathizer, Peter into an ultra-homophobe, and Mr. Ditkovich into a bosnian war criminal. And Norman Osborn loves to pee on anthills too.

It was a different time

>which would probably cause an outrage if it happened nowadays.
People have always said this.

I forgot how life was 3 frames/sec back in 2000. Those were simpler times.

Eh. It had some good sequences, but I found Mary Jane annoying, Doc Ock's tentacles were dumb as hell, the relationship between Peter and MJ was never good, and the third film was rushed.

And those are just a few complaints.

1 and 2 are still two of my favorite movies of all time. The first one is what got me into comics in the first place.

3 isn't the worst movie, but it is extremely weak compared to 1 and 2. There are still some great scenes in there, but there were so many awful decisions throughout the movie that really hurt it. The "Ben's actual killer" retcon is still one of the worst retcons in anything cape, and I am so glad it's ignored.

>"Peter, are you alright?"
>dat techno

Why are Americans so sensitive about 9/11?

>You know, I'm something of a scientist myself

Looks better than what we're getting now.

This. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Nolanbats 1 and 2.

It was my first time dealing with a hero movie deviating from comics or the cartoon. And my friends on high school were always talking about how shit and fake Mary Jane's fake chi hair was, and constantly screaming

Didn't like Dr Octopus' new personality. Thought the wife dying by glass shards was stuuuuupid. I couldn't suspend my belief at all. I can hardly remember the third movie

Is this actually a pop culture icon? Surprisingly, I don't remember that one homophobic comment. Too busy not caring about the Goblin banter. It just sounded too Power Rangers mediocre. So on a way I kinda understood why some canons were changed.

Totally did not buy Goblin's son changes.

I loved the Dark Knight series more.

>Thought the wife dying by glass shards was stuuuuupid.
She didn't "die by glass shards", that's oversimplifying it and you know it. Ock's experiment killed her, but he convinced himself that it was Spidey's fault. It's a pretty common theme in comic books.

VHS was still a viable format in 2000

The first one is the best constructed. Everything in it leads to the next plot point and it flows better than I ever thought a Spider-Man movie would. The only thing that will always bug me is the Goblin suit but that's fanboy nitpicking.

2 has better set pieces but I don't feel the plot works as well. The tentacle horror scene in the hospital is an obvious treat and all the fights are appropriately epic but there are just too many moments in which shit is too stupid for me to roll with.

Like the tentacles being sentient or Ock's plot to get the element from Osborn. The deal required Ock to get Spider-Man, that alone was a good enough drive for Ock to hunt Spidey, not the retarded "ITS HIS FAULT ROSY DIED!" shit that never felt convincing or justified. Now in order to get Spidey, he is told to find Peter, because Peter will know how to find Spider-Man. So what does Doc Ock do? THROWS A FUCKING CAR AT PETER. He had no fucking clue Pete would be able to Matrix his way out of that. He needed Pete alive...so he throws a car at him to extract info from him!? In addition to Pete's powers farting out at random times due to psychosomatic bullshit.

3 Was doomed from the start even before the studio forced Vemon into it. Going back and pulling a "it happened differently that we told you it did" with Ben's killer was, is, and will always be a retarded idea and making Sandman of all fucking people is a travesty. The whole thing was forced on all fronts. The Harry thread is the only damn thing that made any sense and could have been the focus instead of the third sub-plot.

Still one of the GOAT trailers.
youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU

The first two where literally the only good capeshit movies pre Batman Begins

They aged about as well as the X-Men ones from the same time frame.

Indeed, user.

>farting out at random times due to psychosomatic bullshit
that happens all the time in the comics tho

He lost his powers due to that ONCE back in the Lee/Ditko and it was stupid then too but it was just that one issues gimmick and that was fine. They were flying by the seat of their pants for most of that run.

It didnt feel right in the movie because it didnt lead anywhere. It was good for a single goof when he fell and hit the parked cars. That whole thing could be edited out and the movie would be the same.