Valerian and the city of thousand planets

youtu.be/cPeqNTqZNN0

there's something familiar about this trailer
i can't quite put my finger on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=poAstMir8dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god bless star wars and gotg for reinvigorating the public's appetite for space opera, now let's just hope it's god

Not Even Gonna Break Even: The movie!

I share this sentiment. Even when people get tired of having Star Wars movies every year, they've cemented the genre as profitable for atleast another 15 years. I really hope Besson doesn't fuck it up.

And I quite like DeHaan and Delivgne, but I think they should've casted more attractive people for the leads, or at least made Laureline a redhead.

I also heard somewhere there's no time travel in this movie, does that mean Laureline isn't a Gaul?

Those two franchises doomed it to flop by not being "original" or a (((rip off)))

>more attractive people for the leads
I like seeing movies with weird looking leads. It's a nice change of pace.

Space meth is a hell of a drug.

It's the same director for the 5th Element, right?

Maybe if we casted more kinds of attractive than just conventional hollywood pretty, which is getting further and further from my own estimations of attractiveness by the year.

Why did they choose two ugly leads?

Why did they choose two leads that look like they're brother and sister?

The two look nothing alike though? My question is why did they choose a male lead so bland and blocky looking he appears nothing like the comic while the female lead looks like a stereotypical disinterested blonde girl

Fifth Element

>implying Dane Dehaan isn't sexy as fuck

I guess he is, if you've a thing for balding meth-addicted twinks.

Are there no more hot white guys in Europe for them to cast?

He's the thinking man's twink.

I love Dane

I want him to play Leto in the new Dune movies.

>Related videos
>some fat tits

I'd love for space fantasy to make a comeback,
But I get the feeling this movie will go the way of John Carter and Jupiter Ascending.

>I also heard somewhere there's no time travel in this movie, does that mean Laureline isn't a Gaul?
Well the movie seems mainly based on the Ambassador of the Shadows, which has no time travel, and even in comics Laureline origins are very rarely mentioned.

Don't bully Cara

Don't care for those two movies, but if it keeps the casuals out of the theatre, all the better for me.

>not putting Dane Dehaan in another role of a mentally unstable antagonist

Yes

the kid that plays Valerian looks too young for the role.

like new Star Wars and GOTG are space opera

she's not a redhead because Lelu from 5th element is a redhead, because Lelu was based on Laureline, and Beson doesn't want to repeat himself

>includes anime
>doesn't have Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Here's hoping this is the next Fifth Element and not Jupiter Ascending

>Lots of Gay Hentai

>The two look nothing alike though?

Really?

well, Jupiter Ascending was the Wakowskis, so we're probably safe there

Worry about it being Lucy or something

Oh look, it's Junkies in Space.
They both look terrible.

That's where you're wrong. Dane a cute. I want to take him to dinner and a movie.

Yes, the two dont even look like siblings to me. They dont have the same facial structure.

>I'll take godawful movies if it means no normies kek XD

You need to do yourself a favor, user

I actually had to look it up to see if they were siblings. They're practically twins.

Jupiter Ascending?

This movie actually looks pretty cool. I love seeing crazy ass alien species and tech.

Makes me want to get the comic to see how much they fucked up.

The tagline is in the fucking trailer

>hating on Lexx
youtube.com/watch?v=poAstMir8dw
How can you hate a show with scenes like this?

I don't know about the girl because I'm not into them, but the guy is definitely hot, user. I don't know what fits your tastes, to be honest. You must have some really impossible standards. I think she's pretty too, even if I don't know if she's sexy: she's has some rudeness in her face, but I guess that can be hot for some people, too.

Yep. Was actually watching a 20th anniversary showing of The Fifth Element at the theater today, and there was a trailer/behind the scenes thing for Valerian beforehand that made a big deal about that.

Space Above and Beyond was amazing. You take that back!

shit how much did this cost to make? Three hamburgers and the promise of loan of a pickup truck next time you need to move?

It's amazing how much this looks like every other one of those stupid fucking YA novel adaptations that nobody watches.

They look like they're more interested in critiquing a barista's choice of jeans and the coffee shop's selection of beans than saving the universe. Something about both of them just sneers 'smug'.

Well they're both white? Buts that about it

I was listening to a bunch of Beatles songs I don't know as well and I realized the song in the trailer is from Abbey Road. Maybe that's what's familiar.

Okay, aesthetically though this movie looks incredible. I appreciate that in today's age where it feels like CGI is getting lazier and lazier. It looks someone put some actual time and effort into this.

I'd like to read the comic before I see it though. It's also cool to bring some attention to a comic it seems the whole world forgot about.

>It's also cool to bring some attention to a comic it seems the whole world forgot about.
The comic is pretty famous in europe.

The aesthetics are picked up directly from the comic and it's a really fun read if one's into space adventures.

For some reason, after GiTS I'm really worried about this movie.

>short haired redhead
>long blonde

There is no justice in this world.

They really should have cast someone else as Valerian, DeHaan looks to young and makes the movie looks like yet another YA adaptation.
Also i kinda get the feeling they are changed Valerian character, from average space-time agent that just does what he told, to a more rebellious hotshot.

They probably want to lure that demographic in too, give them a bait and switch. I imagine that would happen if they ever made an American Evangelion movie.

Redheaded characters almost always have their hair colour changed in movie/TV versions. Riverdale is the only exception I can think of.

Same