Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

your mom lol

what happened to yondu. thats what went wrong

>barely any action
>90% of the movie is just people walking and talking
>even more quips
>Drax becoming a flanderized meme
>quill's mom's death was completely unecessary, leaving a huge plot hole that will never be logically explained
>Gunn shoehorning himself into the movie even though he's not a good actor
>BABY GROOT BABY GROOT BABY GROOT BUY OUR TOYS BABY GROOT BABY GROOT BABY GROOT

it was ok, but didn't care too much for Ego being his father. preferred the original origin

That entire first hour

Nothing
Better than the original

Your mother failed to get the abortion she was planning.

Now that I think about it, they didn't portray gravity in Ego that well
But it was good nonetheless

Mad mouseketeer

Just saw it today as my Mother's Day gift to my nerdy mom. It wasn't bad? I liked it and think it's a good popcorn movie (as in, an easy move to watch and not take too seriosuly), but I did have a few problems with it.

>Baby Groot steals the show.
Every scene he's in, every sequence, feels like Groot:The Movie. I get that he's marketable, but the whole opening scene was pretty bad. They probably should have scaled Groot back a bit and just had a cool fight scored with the music.

>The acting was sub par.
It looks and feels like everyone just phoned it in, especially Pratt. There were numerous closeups that had me thinking, "What emotion is he trying to convey here?" Or, "His facial expression doesn't match the dialouge." Like everyone was half-assing the movie.

>Yondu subplot
It didn't make a lot of sense. Oh, no, I betrayed my friends. Oh, no, i have to escape. Oh, no, I have to save my not!son. Oh, no, I'm dead and everyone loves me. It wasn't compelling, it wasn't interesting, it was just there.

I think that's my whole problem with the movie. It wasn't interesting, it wasn't compelling, it was just there.

>It looks and feels like everyone just phoned it in, especially Pratt. There were numerous closeups that had me thinking, "What emotion is he trying to convey here?" Or, "His facial expression doesn't match the dialouge." Like everyone was half-assing the movie.

I thought Pratt looked fat in the movie. Most former fatties struggle to keep the weight off and I have a feeling that he is feeling that right now.

Nothing

Nothing, it was pretty good. But if it wasn't to your tastes, then that's fine and you're entitled to your opinion. :^)

Nothing, it was kino

too short

To many jokes that fell flat. Drax and Baby Groot adding nothing apart from being annoying. It as fine but it wasn't great. It's not going to make a billion at the rate it's going either so expect shitposting in the future

nothing really, I loved it and even baby Groot wound up being an actual character

I swear nobody here has raised a kid if they didn't find him endearing

The only things that I would change is cut out the Pac-Man sound effects when it shows up and Drax telling Mantis to look out after she was hit.

I thorougly enjoyed it, but looking back, the Pac-Man joke was kind of lame. And also, looking back, there seems to be less action then I expected. Still, wouldn't say it's horrible, but on reflection, it does have some flaws.

is a ''the heroes beat uselesss goons'' scene

Great movie, definitely beats the first one, works better than most comedies.

People taking the movie too seriously is hilarious.

That scene was different in one of the trailers. After Mantis got clobbered, Drax made a joke line, "that almost hit me". They probably changed it because it seemed a bit cruel. Drax having genuine affection for her is a better arc for the character.

Babby Groot.
Prioritized "jokes" over telling a good story

>Gunn shoehorning himself into the movie even though he's not a good actor
That's Gunn's baby brother.

>Drax is a living quip machine
> Mood is extremely jumpy due to jokes and quips
>Baby Groot is fucking everywhere holy crap
>Humor hit an all time low with shit like Benis xdd and L E G E N D A R Y T U R D S
>Some jokes went on for entirely too long
>Music wasn't as good as the first's
>Weak group atmosphere

GOTG2 adapted some of the best parts of the first movie , amped them up and placed them fucking everywhere to the point where it was unenjoyable at times.

The first one was so much better.

>quip
It's a Sup Forums learns a new word so they overuse it to hell episode

>90% of the movie walking and talking
Dude at least don't make your lies so obvious.

This. Not to say that Vol. 2 is perfect, but at least it didn't line up its characters and have them spiel out their tragic backstories in consecutive order this time. Yondu's bonding with Rocket and Quill felt a lot more natural; Gamora and Nebula, perhaps less so, but at least it was functional; the Ravager mutiny was sort of a mess of a subplot, but whatever; and Ego was pretty much perfect.

Sucks to be the Sovereign.