Bright [2017] by David Ayer

What's the logical explanation for this discrepancy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=woYaXZo0y6U
youtube.com/watch?v=PRRoAZcwQMY&list=PLvahqwMqN4M3_kWfykuhIFlKj3_ni2QAV&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

normies like dumb shit.

Netflix is a threat to the studio system and studios own all the critics

It's actually a halfway decent buddy cop film

this. (((critics))) didn't like it because it wasn't hamfisted enough in social commentary, so they use the "duh movie doesn't know what it wants to be!" rhetoric. but the movie knows it's a dumb buddy cop film with fantasy elements, and it makes a few social comments only because it's a modern film, not because it is looking to lecture anyone.

i actually didn't want to watch it because the trailer made me believe it'd be the opposite, too on the nose with racial garbage. instead it is what it is, and it's a fun popcorn couch movie because of it.

>it wasn't hamfisted enough in social commentary
Are you fucking kidding me it was more hamfisted than your mother at christmas dinner user.

netflix went too far

meh, it could have been way worse imo

OH SHIT! RACIST KINO!

Rotten Tomatoes is shit?

I believe this to be true. Critics in the pocket of the studios which are effectively an oligopoly at this point. See Netflix original movies as a major threat so they ass blast it to high heaven. Same thing happened to tlj but in reverse

Wait is this actually in the movie?

>the hero wasn't an Aryan man killing black criminals for two hours
dajoos hamfisting muh movies baka

Found the kike

What is the context of this?

>centaur cop lady offers civilian woman a helpful ride home on her back
>woman on her back starts getting off on the sensations of the ride
>Centaur can tell what's happening tries to ignore it the whole way out of politeness

somewhat related clip
youtube.com/watch?v=woYaXZo0y6U

i liked it

It's at the end of the Bright's History of Magic.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRRoAZcwQMY&list=PLvahqwMqN4M3_kWfykuhIFlKj3_ni2QAV&index=1

>Don't fuck with the (((elves))).

>trigger warning entertainment

I dislike the future I live in

frankly I find the idea of a world with elves holding positions of power over men in their own society to be offensive

I believe the hexagram shot was only in the History of Magic, not the movie itself.

only fatties use trip cofes

the "social commentary" was so thick you could cut it with a stapler

>trigger warning entertainment

I believe the producers are mocking the sentiment, not adopting it. Similar to the remark by Ward that "Faerie lives don't matter today" which has the SJW critics practically frothing in anger.

knife ears dont like the thalmor being pointed out IRL

Don't fuck with Elfsrael, they're a wand-armed nation full of Brights supported by the USA.

Besides, who wants to support theocratic sand-orcs in the Middle East.

Use your noggin you brainlet moron.

THIS

I fucking loved the movie

Sure it was

Funny how elves are the ones pushing wand control down everybody's throats while they always seem to be the brights

I would be less interested with wand control, and more concerned why orcs represent a majority of the offenders in the criminal justice system when they're only about 17% of the population.

Nobody seems to care about orc on orc violence.

>centaurs are 0.1% of the population
>multiple centaur cops in the movie
Horsefuckers need to be gassed

the mouse

why the fuck would dangerous creatures like giants, ogres, orcs, and lizardmen even still be alive on earth by the year 2016?

People like horsies, besides the centaurs didn't support the Dark Lord 2000 years ago.

It was alright

Because in the Bright universe they're not "monsters."

Also, if the universe is ever expanded, don't be surprised by other racial parallels like lizardmen mostly live on squalid reservation and are drunkards or goblins are mostly undocumented immigrants from down south.

They're not dangerous

I want procedural with these magical feds.

The same reason every time eugenics etc comes up someone shrieks YOU'RE A NAZI NAZI NAZI! Anytime you entertain the idea of killing beastmen people probably spill their soy all over you. Beastmen have moral agency even though you know in your heart of hearts they should be exterminated. You know, like certain races in the real world...

>I want procedural with these magical feds.

Buddy cop movies are one thing, but I'm so sure about a buddy elf series.

Sup Forums backed themselves into a corner by laughing at the critics praising TLJ while the audience gave it bad reviews. When the opposite happened, they were forced to give their support to a mediocre movie, lest they force themselves to acknowledge:

-They actually agree with the same (((critics))) they trash
-There are shills on both sides and TLJ could have potentially been botted to a low score, just like Bright was potentially botted to a high score
-They unironically like capeshit tier Will Smith movies with ooga booga social commentary

P.S. TLJ was shit but I liked Bright and I think it was better.

maybe it was, but it's a few scenes. they didn't sacrifice the whole runtime to make a point about it.

I believe a large part of the problem was not that critics disliked Bright and the audience apparently disagreed. Disconnects between critics and audience are not that uncommon.

Rather, the issue exploded because of the vehemence of the criticism of Bright, often labeling it one of, if not the, worst movie of 2017. Few believe Bright a cinematic masterpiece, but such ridiculous hyperbole raises many uncomfortable questions when the movie is the first big-budget, big star release by Netflix that challenges the business model on which the critics and theater financially rely.

Oh wow, the mouthbreaking "anti-SJW"s are here.

Netflix has better shills

Because it steps on both socjus and Hollywood toes while still being entertaining schlock that your average person will enjoy.
Was still pretty crap, though. 5.5/10, felt like it was shot and written by a 15-year-old, which I guess is Landis's mental age.
Both of these are reddit-tier tryhard cringe. Especially the 'faerie lives don't matter' line, it was so out of place (was already established that faeries are pests and so would never matter), and Smith's delivery was as awkward as the line.

The faerie lives matter line was supposedly an ad-lib by Will Smith.

based kino!

Will Smith confirmed for /ourguy/

because for every beastman, there's a monstergirl

meant for

Human furries are obviously more insufferable in the Bright universe.

Ayer is a fucking hack he just ripped off District 9

>horsepussy
>snek pussy
>giant pussy

>d9
>buddy cop film with nice visceral gunfights

>That's all goof, but ain't never seeing elf pussy. You wand just don't have that type of magic.

All the critics say its a tired buddt cop movie. I didn't realise buddy cop movies had become tired. It's bizarre that these same critics praise the hell out of the three 3 marvel capeshits we get every year.

D9 director will probably direct the sequel. Ayer is not really a hack though, most of his stuff is just reused from his older movies like Training Day and End of Watch. In fact all of his movies sort of are the same when you think about it, there's always some disposable gang of mexicans that come after the main characters.

Imagine if you were such a failure in life that your job was movie critic. Then imagine you hear the line “fairy lives don’t matter” as a joke. Your brainwashed mind automatically goes into “not good must hate” mode

What aboot Fury

>Ayer is not really a hack though, most of his stuff is just reused from his older movies

>magic
I think you mean money, knife-ear fucker

Why fix what isn't broken.

Buddy cop films make money. It's simple.

>Imagine if you were such a failure in life that your job was movie critic.
haha whatta story mark

Yes, totally strange that their views just ever sohappen to support a century long multi-billion dollar industry.

>Mo magic, mo money,

He replaced the disposable mexicans with disposable germans.

There was still a "based Mexican guy!"

I liked this movie! Although I doubt elves, with their high status and obvious wealth, would really want to work govvie unless they came in at a minimum GS-14 Step 4 or higher. I mean, come on.....

I liked the movie but it was annoying to see Will Smith play the same smart mouth character for hundredth time.

Michael Pena is /ourguy/ you cracker

desu I haven't seen many buddy cop movies. Bright is my 3rd one. I saw Rush Hour 2 and End of Watch years ago. Since Bright has a fantasy gimmick it's probably a lot of people's first buddy cop flick.

Critics are upset that Blacks are represented as Orcs. It's a fine movie.

GAS THE CRITICS
KINO WAR NOW

How fucking underage are you to never have seen lethal weapon

>not appreciating Will Smith doing Will Smith
do you also hate Independence Day, I Am Legend, Bad Boys, and MIB?

This
Fuck Drumpf!

>Although I doubt elves, with their high status and obvious wealth, would really want to work govvie unless

It's probably similar to how rich white guys who want to get into politics go to law school and work for the shitty district attorney's office.

The elf fed will now probably use the fact that he stopped the terrorist in his inevitable run for governor.

Those wily elves are always thinking three steps ahead.

shut the fuck up soyboy
Michael Pena is a good bean

Apply this logic to Romans in 300 or Christians in the year 1300.

They would genocide the shit out of these races. Remember, it was the Romans who genocided the Carthigians after the punic wars. How do you think they'd treat Orcs that sided with the DARK LORD?

Based black actor

You've never seen any of the Lethal Weapon movies or Rush Hour?

Grew up on Arnie and Bruce Campbell. Didn't have any Stallone or Gibson tapes. Didn't see Mad Max until I was at a friend's house.

AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

You have to go back

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where are you from?

Buddy cop movies have been a staple of western cinema since the 1970's.

I like Independence Day when I was a kid. Upon rewatch I found myself rooting for the aliens. I am Legend is boring, Bad Boys and MIB is trash.

how dare he insult le epic trump xD
MAGAPEDES START BOYCOTTING

you just sound bitter and jaded user. I'm sorry you turned out that way.

Hello Juan, which one looks the most terrifying?

Just note that Bad Boys and the MIB films are all buddy cop movies.

I don't see how it matters where I'm from. The midwest.

I know I spend too much time worrying about shit I can't change. I'm just getting tired of it all. Just want to burn it all down.

>Shadowrun: the Movie

I thought you might be from some non-western country.

You practically needed to have lived underground for the past 50 years to have so carefully avoided buddy cop movies.