Defend this

defend this

Literally looks like a chimera of generations of marketing ideas.

>Disney makes a movie for children
I don't see the issue

There were puffins everywhere on the island during principal photography so they saw a cash grab opportunity and ran with it

I thought it was based off of the puffins that live on ocean islands like Iceland and luke's hideout island

It's a knockoff of Grumpy Cat

At leas the writers didn't contrive some absurd scenario where their blatant merchandising grab animals somehow defeat an intergalactic army.

That would have ruined the movie.

But think about your life. Why would a Disney movie upset you?

Completely inoffensive in the movie with less than five minutes total of screentime.

I actually get the impression porgs were created solely to use as a scapegoat against criticism, so that even if people have valid reasons to hate the movie, its defenders can say "these honkeys are just mad about porgs."

Fuck you, the Star Wars movie that did that was the best one.

since when has star wars been for children?

We got to see how Chewy deals with several types of moral quandaries. Pedantic assholes like OP love characterization and shit; he should be eating this stuff up.

they make for nice playthings to swat around

Nah it's clearly based off guinea pigs and birds.

They needed something cute and fluffy with a simple shape to make plush dolls out of

They weren't as annoying as Jar Jar. They weren't important to the story like the Ewoks.

And all in all the rest of the movie was so bad that I didn't mind them.

>They weren't as annoying as Jar Jar.

Jar Jar hate is the best pleb filter

it's kawaii

I unironically agree with this

The least offensive thing about TLJ

>check e621
>no Porg fursonas
>several Vulptexes

Can't say I'm that surprised

They're actually straight up perfect for Funko Pops because they have the exact same eyes. I speculate Disney cut a deal with Funko long before the movie was out.

adorable

Fuck it, I’ll make porg fursona

>Vulptex
>they literally just named it after Vulpix
>which has an ice version now
Fucking thiefs.

since /r/tv discussed it

Million-dollar idea. Porg stress balls.

Make it a dark and edgy porg with the same colors as Shadow the Hedgehog. Also, give him jet boots like Shadow the Hedgehog.

>porg anal beads

Reminder that thousands of rare baby chicks were blown into the sea by the helicopters used to film those scenes

Are you aware of the vulp- root meaning fox and just shitposting, or are you actually retarded?

It was the least offensive thing in the whole movie

I wish they had been killed by their own stupidity, brutally, for comedic purposes.
Now that'd be funny.

>mom bought me a plushie of this for christmas
>am 22
>haven't seen any of the new star wars

They were funnier than that desperate prank call shit at the start, hopefully they will be in 9 as source of the force and the true power behind the first order

You need to talk to her more.

They were pretty cute and disn't over stay their welcome so there's no issue.

We all thought they would be the worst thing about the movie and it turns out there we're far worse things in the last jedi