The Joker's Origin

Did anyone else HATE the New 52 Red Hood One Joker origin? (and the immortal one I guess)
Why the hell does DC keep trying t make a "cool" new Joker origin? And now there's 3 Jokers or some shit? Just stop, DC, please

I liked how they brought back Redhood
The immortal one felt odd especially when Grant Morrison did something similar with it already

I honestly didn't like the New 52 Joker. every time he showed it was like "THIS IS THE BIG ONE, JOKER'S REALLY DONE IT THIS TIME!"
Also the whole immortal thing and the face cutting and all that dumb shit

The only problems with New 52 origin Joker are two-fold:

1. Greg Capullo being a shit and refusing to draw a Joker Red Hood who's face was 100% covered. Shithead flat out REFUSED to draw Red Hood Joker without a mask, leading to the bullshit condom helmet compromise

2. The bullshit where at the end of the Year Zero Joker arc, they half-assedly reveal the true identity of the Joker only to go "psyche!!!!" and reveal that Joker either killed the real original Red Hood (a Mick Gangster) and highjacked the gang or killed some random Mick gangster and stole his identity for the purpose of running the gang.

I still haven't read Snyder's run but why does it seemed like he ripped off so much of Morrison's run?

>1. Greg Capullo being a shit and refusing to draw a Joker Red Hood who's face was 100% covered. Shithead flat out REFUSED to draw Red Hood Joker without a mask, leading to the bullshit condom helmet compromise

WHY??

Usually artists jump at the chance to be lazy and just draw a featureless mask. The one time the mask is appropriate they don't want to?

I imagine a combination of fear of not living up to the scale or standards he set, coupled with pressure from editorial or higher (remember DC is corporately controlled too) to do more stuff that's proven to sell.

I just don't know what's wrong with the original origin. It's tragic, it's meaningful, and it's mysterious. It's a perfect villain origin.

So why do they keep fucking it up?

he should be called pill head now

Wasn't the immortal one revealed Joker fucking with records/paintings in the issue right after it was introduced.

Snyder's Batman was shit in general

Because Snyder is an edgy hack who should have stopped after Court of Owls.

Nah, it was pretty cool.

My favorite will always be Paul Dini's origin.

Zero Year's Red Hood was fucking great. I loved how much he was enjoying himself as a crime lord, and I loved that Snyder's Joker origin established Joker was always a piece of shit. Even before ACE Chemical and Batman, he was a piece of shit who took delight in breaking people.

I thought Death of the Family was garbage, but with the exception of Dr. Death, I thought Zero Year was fucking incredible. Especially Snyder's handling of Red Hood Joker.

I never liked the killing Joke, the end was good, but the rest...wasn't so great. Immortal Jay was too much and he wasn't immortal in the end but the story about his cut off face felt like facking of real sense.

Did Year Zero Red Hood confirm that it was the leader of the gang who became the Joker?

I remember at the end, it was left unsure as it was him or not. Plus one of the guys pressganged into doing the last robbery mentions he's a chemist, which was Joker's most famous origin/backstory.

Yeah I kind of hated Zero Year Joker all around. I can sort of get behind The Red Hood gang functioning like this, but I hate how beating over the head subtle the entire Joker origin was. Wasnt a fan of Bruce's entire duel at ACE Chemical either. When you solidify the Joker origin like that, it naturally loses its charm, that and making him an asshole from the get go. And for christ sake what was with that stupid half mask? Were they afraid no one would get it and not think he was Joker without that stupid ass smile?

The Red hood story was a better part from Snyder's run. I liked that he still kept his origin vague.

He never made the Joker immortal. How dumb do you have to be to not get a fucking Snyder comic of all things.

No, not "Nah". It was not pretty cool, in fact it was stupid.

The Joker having a origin is detrimental to his character. We're supposed to know that he is just a man, but we're not supposed to know what made Joker the way he is IMO

I know he's not really immortal, but it annoyed me how they even dabbled in the idea

How was that different from the Burton movie origin?

Three jokers means your fanfiction origin can be canon maybe though