New thread because the old one died

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LKyMvakrbXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it isn't my headcanon >_< wah wah

No interaction between them

One shouldn't even be alive and the other overstayed his welcome

Hang yourself OP.

Can my complaint be that there isn't a general so people feel the need to have 21 Samurai Jack threads?

>not enough action
>pacing is fucky
>art is really hit or miss
>not enough being shown
>samurai ghost was lame shit
>jack getting his sword back was anticlimatic and flat (Youre the problem, no go away!)

but to be completely honest. My only real complaint, is that we only get 10 episodes.

its kinda shitty for both creator and fan, there really isnt a way to do a fulfilling story for this in 10 episodes.

and to be fair those of us who have been silently hoping for jack to come back all this time, could never be satisfied. we waited to long, came up with our own endings, or fancifully imagined ones that couldnt be done and please everyone.

all that being said. Im in it to the end. and I will be grateful for closure of any kind. I mean what other shows come back and finish the job 13 years later? and jack will always be a speical part of my childhood.

see
also there is a hide thread function on this site you mong

Correct, although Demongo might show up in the last episode too, why he is alive is a mystery.

I think people are lashing out on anyone being critical of Samurai Jack is because of the action cartoon drought and the lack of adult cartoons that aren't LOL SO RANDOM or Family Guy/Simpson clones.

apparently so, I didnt make em but hey what you gonna do?

hide em or fuck off

i dont give a fuck about anything, i just want king jack and nothing else

Episode 9 felt too predictable. Even worse, it's not even the first time a twist like that was done on this network.

Very mature.

>Get blocked for mentioning there are 21 SJ threads.
Someone's mad about being called out for not doing their job.

Only good episodes were the first three episodes.

It quickly became trash after that.

Crushed and shocked that Genndy dropped the ball so fucking hard. I think this disaster of season might even overtake Korra as the biggest cartoon comeback disappointment for me.

>Episode 8 was a waste of an ep
>Jack still thinks the daughters "CHOSE THEIR PATH" despite the fact that they didn't.
>No background for the high priestess, plus her shitty death
>The series now has 20 mins to get wrapped up

they seem to be deleting alot of negative comments about SJ even if they are on topic

im right there with you user. those are about my thoughts on this as well.

my only wish was to have jack have a better battle inside his mind, like really break him down and have a really good come back.

Plus you gotta account that Jack is a 75 year old virgin. and that was probably his first real sexual encounter. God bless the Jack

I think my biggest criticism is the dramatic shift of Jack gaining back his sword and looking exactly the same as he did before. It's like there was zero consequence or progress for those 50 years. It's exactly where we left off but now he has a girlfriend.

Pacing issues, pretty much. They needed a proper full season for this. Everything they wanted to do could have been done better with more time. That being said, still enjoying it immensely. I'm not going to sperg out and call it complete shit because I have a few minor issues with it.

Which isn't to say YOU sperged in particular, user. Just something I noticed. But that's Sup Forums for you.

Having the Daughters of Aku literally be Aku's daughters was a really dumb decision. It doesn't make any sense given the rules of Aku's powers and the Samurai Jack universe, and it feels like just a cheap way to get Jack to fight a female Aku.

Ashi was a giant fucking mistake. Nobody cares about Jack's love life; we want to see him find his sword, get back to the past, and destroy Aku. That's it. He can get a wife and kid in an epilogue afterwards, sure, but don't waste precious god-damned time with a character nobody asked for or really even wants.

kinda sad that the last episode is going to be a disappointment no matter what.

if you knew anything about the teen titans comics, you knew terras betrayal was coming.

No the Ashi shit is great everyone loves it. she's a major QT

Yeah, one episode and a cameo was a bit too much Demongo for me. And Scaramouche should definitely be dead now, considering his head exploded.

>One scene with the Scotsman
>Never mentioned again.
B R A V O G E N N D Y

King jack is shit
>not emperor jack

>emperor jack
>implying he's going back to the past

Pacing is shit. This actually accounts for majority of season 5 problems. To the point where even Over the Tumblr Wall had better pacing, despite being half the length

Seriously even when Scotsman appears in the final episode it's gonna feel rushed, they should've made episode 8 about him shipping Jack x Ashi instead of "Muh 10 minutes of characters being silent or walking and nothing happening"

Akushi will make a portal to the past for Jack, so she can be unmade along with the rest of the future.

>can't be emperor in the future.
wat, its like your retarded.

>implying hes going to become emperor in a bittersweet ending
my sides

It needed to be a twenty episode season.

It's also the first time we've ever seen Jack give a shit about someone in a personally invested way.

I mean, yes, he cares about all innocents - but in a superficial way. Even with the Scotsman, there's something of a warrior's understanding and distance there. Plus, seeing someone else help Jack for a change, and it being someone he himself saved, has been pretty gratifying.

>jack getting his sword back was anticlimatic and flat (Youre the problem, no go away!)
I hope you just mean the fact that it was one episode.
It being done as a journey into the mind of Jack was honestly a fantastic idea but the way it was paced felt actually rushed and awkward. Like, it's just
>anger rising
>jack stops his rising anger
>suddenly gets teleported to the 3 gods where they give him everything back
>conflict resolved
I wish they ended the prior episode with the flashback and the start of the meditation and had the actual episode entirely on his journey through his own psyche as he actually faced trials instead of DUDE TERRIBLE TEA LMAO

I didn't say I didn't know it was coming. I just said that the thing between Jack and Ashi is similar.

Not him, but I'm sure that's what he meant. Hell, without the Ashi shit, they probably could've spread it out well enough to be interesting instead of just rushing Jack along through everything.

Honestly, without Ashi, there probably would've been enough room for everything they wanted to do, and then some.
>Have a longer, more interesting battle with the daughters of aku
>Have Jack fight Ashi's mother himself
>Have an episode dedicated to the Scottsman's home life, preparing for battle with Aku, dying, and eventually coming back, instead of squishing all of that into 3 minutes
And so on. Ashi is the single cause for everything bad about the season. It's not even worth the sacrifice of giving her time, since she has almost zero character. And then Jack, when his goal is in reach, despite Ashi literally TELLING HIM to kill her, just gives up, despite all the "hope" shit and the fact that he was emotionally restored. Everything is just so clumsily orchestrated, it's a fucking pain to watch.

I just realized
What if the entire series was "done in reverse" where Jack finds Ashi still alive after killing Mother (in like episode 6/7) and they then do her development before Aku instead of padding it out for like 70% of the season?
I know it'd reduce the impact of this episode's twist but honestly it already became a dud when it was just a retread of Ikra(?)

Yes, the bitterness is that he won't go back to the past.

This is true. Merely TOUCHING Aku's darkness body alone is destructive. Remember when Jack's father fought Aku after he becoming the humanized form? Jack's father had two things touch Aku's body. His sword and his armor. Both things got melted.

So the High Priestess INGESTING Aku's darkness essence should have killed her outright.

Also it's complete bullshit for the other Daughters of Aku to fall off the log in Episode 3 and die while Ashi fell and lived. If I remember right one of the daughters was merely thrown off just like Jack. Ashi actually received an injury during that sequence just like the one that got punched through the mask before falling. Anyway it all reeks of shit.

Genndy is a hack. Ashi should have been entirely resolved in Episode 9, now we're going to waste time on her in the final episode. Also it is bullshit that Jack can't kill Ashi when she was begging to die. Remember the Lava Monster that was cursed by Aku? He also begged for death and Jack agreed to deliver it.

Basically Jack doesn't kill Ashi because he's horny for her like an irrational pussy beggar.

I think what made the first 3 episodes really work was that a good amount of time was spent dealing with the current problem.
The first one introduced Aku's daughter's, and the next two were focused on Jack fighting and overcoming them.
Other conflicts fall flat because the fun is in taking time to solve the problem when it fully presents itself
>Ashi giving up on her cult belief in 2 episodes.
Needed more episodes or even a season to be organic.
>Ghost Samurai's taking care of quickly when revealed.
The horse riding one seemed interesting when introduced in silhouette. Was mysterious but now forgettable since he only led to a brief conflict. Really needed at least one episode focused on them
>Jack's wrath incarnate is solved in an instant when Jack deals with him in meditation.
Considering how he's the result of 50 years of suffering, it would of been interesting to watch Jack spend more time reclaiming his peace with his hate around.
There's set up to these conflicts, but resolution is achieved to fast.

How much you want to bet the finale won't address this?

>have one more epsiode to wrap everything up
>no proof its not going to be longer than the regular runtime

I have my doubts

Oh yeah, that did happen.
How are they going make sure Aku is gone for good this time? Is he even going to be killed at all?

If main Aku dies, do all of the creatures that contain parts of him die too? If not, you're just playing whack-a-mole.

>could have used the flashback to talk about how even Jack's dad couldn't finish Aku
>instead they just talk about kid Jack doing nothing and chatting with Ashi

>Jack and old Scotsman never interacted
>Jack literally doesn't even know the Scotsman is dead

It's supposed to tell you that life was good for Jack before Aku, he wasn't always a tortured samurai. He doesn't fight JUST because he hates Aku, he fights for a better life for him and everybody else.

rip Guardian

I suppose the series finale will have all of Jack's friends unite when they hear Aku gloating over his victory. Then the gods will bestow him a new sword or whatever and cut down Aku.

Ashi's fate will literally make or break the series, which in itself is naturally divisive among the fandom. not looking forward to Saturday

Yeah, that petty much sums up one the the worst parts of Ashi. She's used as a vehicle for showing how good Jack's life was before Aku and what it did to him, even though we the audience already knew.

Duh, but it's an unnecessary retread of what's been established in this season and previous seasons. It's a waste of time when there are more substantial things to talk about in the story.

One of the most fun things about the old show in my opinion is the world Genndy created and all the different characters he made and how Jack interacted with them all.
This season had absolutely none of that, because Jack only interacted with Scaramouche for about a minute and the rest was 100% Ashi.
And I don't mind Ashi as a concept, I really don't. I don't even mind the romance. What I mind was that if indirectly, she overshadowed all the other characters and world building that would ordinarily happen. I'd have much rather had her develop from hating Jack by watching him do things and talk to other characters both old and new, would have also been better nostalgia than all sorts of them just showing up out of nowhere to tell her how awesome Jack is.
The Scotsman and his wife teasing and shipping Jack and Ashi like this user saidwould have made a better shipping episode than 8 for example in my opinion.

What if they pull a dragon heart and killing ashi is the only way to kill Aku.

That seems too bitter for a bittersweet end, so I think we can reasonably cross Ashi dying off the list. The worst I can see happening to her is being left behind in the future timeline as Jack goes back to the past.

I am a little disappoint that some other allies might not have the chances to make any kinds of appearances in the finale

Literally this.

>the green knight that kept appearing gets killed in a few minutes
>jack finds out the reason why he is not worthy of his sword in a few minutes

Problems that at first seem very important get wrapped up way too quickly. I feel as though this season should have been more than 10 episodes.

>scaramouche massacres an entire village because of jack to draw him out
>no reaction
>some kids get electrocuted with unknown results
>i must sudoku this very instant

The fact that he saw Ashi as someone deeply troubled like himself actually gave him someone he can relate to. Plus by having her spend time around him for more than just one episode allowed for chemistry to be explored between the two. Plus the fact that she literally saves him from suicide is actually rather well concieved and showed that she truly does love him.

To be fair, in the beginning of the season Jack was completely apathetic. Mostly in part to his PTSD.

It'd be fucking stupid for Ashi not to die. The whole point of this fucking stupid unbearable romance shit is to at least attempt to make it dramatic when Jack has to kill her.

Plus the only time Jack has ever hurt her after her heel-face turn was because he doesn't want to risk losing her because of Aku.

No, the romance was actually meant to give Jack hope. Because let's face it: he's stuck in the crapsack future. Having Ashi in his life gives him hope that he can rebuild. Unfortunately Aku, being the sadist that he is, is using it like the sword of Damocles over Jack's head

>Rush over the fact that the Time Keeper was apparently killed within a few seconds, despite the fact that he was much stronger than Jack
>rush literally everything in order to make room for forced romance garbage

Giving Jack hope is one thing, but forced romance is painfully uninteresting, especially with such a bland character like Ashi. Not to mention that taking Ashi back and using her against Jack was so fucking cliche.

I don't have anything against people who can still enjoy the season, but the rushed pacing and Ashi just fucking ruin it for me.

Well the best possible solution is to bind him to the sword and caste him into a pocket dimension like prison where he can't be freed or resurrected

To add to this, a much more entertaining and interesting way to have done this is have Jack go back on the same type of journey that Ashi did looking for Jack; have him go back, see the good he's done, then in the next episode, face the spirits leading him to sepukku himself, something much more emotionally heavy than just having Ashi come in and beat them up and yell cliche hopeful shit to him. He could've spent an episode with the Scottsman, seeing how he's doing with his family, maybe attempt to help him fight Aku. Then, after spending the episode with the Scottsman, and having Jack present to see him die, that would've made it far more emotionally impactful; perhaps they'd take the sword home, Jack would go off, defeated (and maybe then consider sepukku as a "replacement" for the whole "seeing some kids get electrocuted" thing). and then see that the Scottsman's sword brought him back to life once it was returned home.

I could go on and on about how many different possibilities would've been infinitely better than stupid romance shit with someone who was tortured and raised and brainwashed into hating him.

>forced romance
The romance actually was subtly hinted to starting with episode 4 when Jack was constantly protecting her while they were swallowed. Sure she was putting up a huge fuss but honestly it was rather cute.
Several other hints were given all the way up to the Big Damn Kiss in 8.
>Ashi is bland
So was Jack at the beginning of the season. As for Ashi, she was originally the antithesis to Jack. As the season went on we learned more about her. Its called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
>Pacing is shit
Gettin tired if this meme user.

And to add: Ashi represents using compassion, reason and truth to change toxic radical dogma.

I just see a comedy ending now. Just Jack, Aku, and Scotsmen watching highlights of the show and making comments. A small happy thank you to the viewers and an even smaller goodbye

>Protecting her = being romantically interested in her
I guess Jack is also romantically interested in literally every living thing he comes across, then? Either way, giving """hints""" doesn't mean it's well written. Jack has literally never shown romantic interest; to suddenly change a character's interest seems pretty forced. There's no narrative reason for either of them to even be interested in a romantic partner. Their relationship is boring to watch. Ashi is a boring character to watch.
>So was Jack at the beginning of the season
Being quiet doesn't mean a character is bland, shithead. What the fuck are you talking about? He was obviously going through pretty severe mental trauma, I wouldn't call that bland. Meanwhile, Ashi comes out of a life of torture and dramatically intense training to kill one man and makes a full 180 turn in personality within a few days, because she saw outside once when she was a kid and she saw a pretty ladybug.
>As the season went on we learned more about her
Yeah, more cliche "poor me, I'm a special snowflake in a dark cruel world, but I'm always happy and hopeful for no particular reason" shit.
>I'll call it a meme, that means it isn't true!
They clearly rush over several plot points, while at the same time spending far too much time on Jack and Ashi having poorly written romance.

youtube.com/watch?v=LKyMvakrbXc

Look I know it's not perfect but I suggest stop blaming Genndy for making 10 episodes. We're lucky to see this show even have a conclusion. If adult swim had its way, they would've trolled you with a sneak peek of "new episodes" of Samurai Jack only to give you a clip of that Mr. Pickles episode with that chick with the shitting dick nipples.

Yes I remember the Dark Water prank Cartoon Network did 21 years ago. The moment they showed that cat video lapping up milk in slow motion, I got pissed and no doubt the original creators probably did too.

still if episode 10 will be 22 minute , it gonna feel really rushed because of all the things that will need to happen

Jack not cutting down Ashi and going for Aku was a disappointment because we just had an entire two episodes about how "I didn't forgetmy purpose after all!" and then he forgot his purpose again because "muh GF"

If this happens, I could die happy. But it wont, and I wont.

>I wish they ended the prior episode with the flashback and the start of the meditation and had the actual episode entirely on his journey through his own psyche as he actually faced trials instead of DUDE TERRIBLE TEA LMAO

The comics DID this arc where Jack lost his sword, it was actualy destroyed.

On the comics Jack went on challenges by the 3 Gods, and when Aku suddenly discovered that he was without the sword, went straight to the fucking cave and impaled him.

The gods forged a new sword for Jack, made of his own soul.

Honestly, way better payoff than what we had.

Anybody happen to know the songs for all the previews that have appeared so far?

It's seppuku not sudoku, mate

this thread and all samurai jack threads

fpbp

>I'll call this argument meme so I don't have to come up with a counterpoint

Bit only did they change the art style, but they got rid of any art style. It's all so off model now. Everyone looks different in every scene they're in. The original series was beautiful and came to life with the help of breathtaking set pieces and unique character designs. After episode 3, that was all gone. Sudden everything started changing for no real reason and the backgrounds became lackluster. On top of that, the whole season past episode 3 feels super rushed. They didn't know what they wanted to do with it even though they had already started it on a good path towards the destination that was not only confirmed in previous seasons but that everyone wanted. So much of this felt like the writers saying "we know what you want and we're going to give it to you at first but then we're going to forget it all and add a brand new character to eat up screen time for the last season". I honestly feel lied to and let down.

I dont see butterflies living that long, but it would be neat if her people were recruited by Scotsman. After all, their navy owes Jack a favor

>Jack gives up
>Aku has him on the ropes
>Scotsman's army shows up
>followed by people we've seen in episode 6 plus more
>solar eclipse happens
>everyone gets decimated in seconds
>Aku wins
>the end

>not Hungry Jack

>not getting the joke

It's for the best, who knows how many ears would bleed if they hung out