Joe Murray's newest show, Frog In A Suit, makes me question what exactly he was doing beforehand with Camp Lazlo...

Joe Murray's newest show, Frog In A Suit, makes me question what exactly he was doing beforehand with Camp Lazlo, because Frog In A Suit is great and Lazlo was a piece of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/t1qkgGiy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Lazlo was ok, but sometimes a bit retarded.

>Be a boy scout when kid, pysched that someone made a show about essentially a bunch of kids at a crappy summer camp
>actually really liked it, the scoutmaster in particular was pretty spot on for most
>everybody hates it

I remembered it being pretty funny, but then again I guess it had a lot of in jokes and involved being outside, which is kind of against what most people who watch cartoons do.

Joe Murray's signature humor that is prevalent in Rocko and Frog In A Suit seemed missing in Lazlo, being replaced with more generic kidshow humor

>Camp Lazlo writers
Creator: Joe Murray
Creative Director and Supervising Producer: Mark O'Hare (writer/boarder/director on Rocko, storyboard artist on Hey Arnold, writer/boader on season 1 of Spongebob, outline writer on late season 2 and season 3, writer/boarder on Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls, primarily the later seasons, wrote/boarded a few chowder episodes, currently a story artist at Illumination)

>other story writers
Martin Olson (writer on rocko, phineas and ferb, and Milo Murphy's Law; father of Olivia Olson) (season 1 only)
Merriwether Williams (writer on angry beavers and classic spongebob, would go on to write for early adventure time, MLP, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, and Billy Dilley)
Steve Little (voice of Chip and Skip, would go on to write for Flapjack and early adventure time)
Kaz (writer/boarder on season 3 of spongebob and phineas and ferb, writer for post-2nd movie spongebob) (many episodes from seasons 2-5)
Kent Osborne (writer/boarder and outline writer for season 3 of spongebob, would go on to be writer/boarder and outline writer for Flapjack, writer/boarder and later head of story for Adventure Time, and currently works on Summer Camp Island)

Where can I watch Frog In a Suit? I liked Camp Lazlo, and this sounds interesting. Is it about a guy trapped in a mascot costume at an amusement park?

They're on Youtube. Episode 1 is kinda lame, but the other two are hilarious.

>Writer/board teams (board director with board artist, like on rocko and spongebob)
pastebin.com/t1qkgGiy

Lazlo was a solid show what are you on about

>Camp Lazlo
>Shit

Explain.

First of all Lazlo wasn't bad. Second of all, why do you keep making the same thread?

Lets be honest, Camp Lazlo was pretty fucking mediocre. I liked it back then and so did a lot of people but watching it now it's just kid-friendly fluff. I can see how people who grew up with Rocko wouldn't like it but let's not pretend Lazlo was anything above a 7/10 at it's best. The alternative was My Gym Partner's A Monkey of course it seemed better than it actually was.

bump

>Lazlo was a piece of shit
I guess there's a first for everything

I honestly can't believe Camp Lazlo is as much of a cult classic as it is, as it really has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever to anyone over the age of five.

>as it really has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever to anyone over the age of five.
Slinkman

>NO redeeming qualities
Fuck you, Lumpus was great.

I wanted to hate it but it eventually grew on me.
It's not terrible, it just isn't amazing either.
It was ok.

Camp Lazlo was shit, it was Gym Partner is a Monkey bad. Full of dull, tired humor and over reliant on gross out stuff.

Lazlo himself was an unlikable hippy shit, that platypus boy and rhino were the only redeemable character on the show.

I actually didn't remember too much gross out stuff in the show. I just remember the humor having a rather lame, "cheesy" feel to it. Hard to describe exactly.

The meat buddy episode alone makes up for most of the lul so radnumb humour.
Still, the show is not worthy to watch in its entirety.

People like Lazlo?

It's uma delicia.

Maybe you're just retarded.

most of the motherfuckers who complain about Camp Lazlo were just mad it wasn't packed full of innuendos and because it simply came after Rocko. boohoo fucking hoo, cry me a river OP

that's not the only reason Rocko was good, it's because it was real and had something to say you crass little shits

>cult classic
It's not. Camp Lazlo is just an old show that has some fans.

This guy gets it.

Rocko wasn't that funny. Watched it recently and it just seemed like a watered-down Spongebob with more innuendos.

But Rocko came before Spongebbob

Lazlo wasn't good cause it was just generic cartoony plots with generic cartoony characters

Lazlo isn't as good as its fans make it out to be but it wasn't as bad as most people make it out to me

The best Camp Lazlo episodes are the ones not about Lazlo.