THE PUNISHER ARMORY

THE PUNISHER ARMORY

STORYTIME

I just posted all of The Punisher Armory, now we're going to read the original Punisher Arsenal pages that ran in the backups of his multiple ongoings and Annuals and Specials and other comics. I'll probably also post the "training" short stories from the Annuals, since those are somewhat similar in concept. This will include some pages not collected in The Punisher Armory as well as digital versions of the few that are available in digital form.

PREVIOUS THREADS HERE:

Starting out with the original versions of the Punisher Arsenal pages, which were originally called "Punisher War Journal Equipment Page", but were retitled a few issues later.

This page and the next are part of a double page spread. I'll try to join these and all the other double page spreads that were scanned separately after the storytime.

YO!!!

Hot damn you beautiful gorgeous bastard, I can not thank you enough for posting up the Punisher Armory in your last thread. I'm frantically downloading all of it now.

My uncle had a big box of comics stashed at grandma's house when I was a kid, my absolute favorite series was the Punisher Armory. I've been searching for that shit for 20 years.

Probably that's what got me rolling in a /k/ way long before anything else.

Thanks again, also loving the vintage shooting comics thread on /k/ right now and I'll probably be raiding your archives too. I was tragically deprived of comics as a kid, except for that box at grandma's.

No problem.

And you can download all of Punisher Armory + the extras in this thread and a metric fuckton of other Punisher stuff here:

And now the digital versions.

Wow, that is an awesome archive. Dumbass question time, what are .cbr file formats and what .exe do I need to read them?

Any advantage of them over .pdf or images?

And now for the technically-not-the-same-thing-but-probably-still-worth-posting-since-they're-also-about-Punisher's-combat-MO: The "Punisher's Fighting Techniques" backup stories from The Punisher Annual #2-3.

A .cbr file is a .rar file renamed and a .cbz file is a .zip file renamed. It's to make them work in a cbr reader program. Just google for one or start a thread on Sup Forums and ask which cbr reader(s) to use.

You can also extract the images by just renaming the file (.cbr to .rar, .cbz to .zip) and opening it like a normal archive file.

The extraction method is probably horribly inconvenient though.

And now for the second "Punisher's Fighting Techniques".

And now for "Punisher's Conditioning Techniques".

And that about does it.

I've been stoytiming for 8 hours and have posted 418 images, which is just insane, so I think I'm gonna wrap it up now.

Also, if you wanna check out some other cool /k/ comics there's also this thread right here:

bumping for others

appreciated

When that archive bites the dust just check on Sup Forums in the "Win-O' Thread". There should always be an updated version of it linked to from the OP with some kind of image posted along with it.

I like this version of Punisher better.
He comes off more as an actual over the top superhero (or antihero) rather then a normal guy that the universe bends over backwards to accommodate him not getting caught or killed.
He had modern gear, but trains extensively in exotic martial arts, has a secret hideaway, has a sidekick of sorts, etc.

80s and 90s Punisher is just fantastic stuff. He made for an excellent antihero action hero. In fact the best ever in comics as far as I'm concerned.

They're just image archive files. More convenient than having a folder full of pics and infinitely preferable over .pdfs (as far as I'm concerned) since you can extract the images and do stuff with the files or repack them if for some reason you need or want to do that.

bumping to read

it's hard to believe that this is real

also, fuck ennis

Man, I really wish Not The Punisher Armory had come out.

From this point on it seems to be stuff that was never collected in The Punisher Armory.

Well drawn page.

ooookay

That's interesting.

>Microchip page

>and Microchip yet again

This is awesome.

And Micro yet again.

DDT! DDT! DDT!

DAMN!

Brutal.

This is what Punisher fights should be like. This is excellently well done stuff.

>Punisher randomly diving down stairs as "conditioning"

LOL! This is unintentionally hilarious. Reminds me of Foolkiller.

, Shit, Frank uses Shōrin-ryū when he franks franks? I've been practicing Shōrin-ryū since I was like ten years old.

Also, Okinawan's didn't entirely develop it. It's a mixture of Shuri-te (older Okinawan martial arts, kinda resembling stuff like jiujutsu) and Shaolin Kungfu brought over to Okinawa by the Chinese. Even the name, Shōrin-ryū, is how you pronounce "Shaolin School" in Japanese.

Chin Na isn't actually a martial art; it's basically the Chinese word for grappling and join locks...which is probably why that the retard who threw a kick lost that fight.
Generally you don't want to throw high kicks when you're using a grappling style.

Man, who even KNOWS about Hwarangdo outside of Korea these days?

Ninjutsu isn't really a thing, at least not like these other martial arts are.
It's more like a name for the collective skills of a shinobi or a commando.
In one sense literally everything Frank does, including shooting people in the face, is ninjutsu or a part of it.