Shippers ruin TV shows

>Shippers ruin TV shows

Discuss.

a true and simple statement, nothing to discuss

Unfortunately Star Vs. was made by a shipper so. . .

given that all tv shows have shippers, one wonders how OP enjoys anything at all

It wasn't much to write home about until it became about shipping.

Like Twilight.

She ruined star vs by indirectly making the show about shipping

Some shows actually don't listen to shippers, for one thing.

I don't think relationships (Or the fans of two characters in a relationship) necessarily ruin a show, but the problem with relationships is that they tend to turn two characters from individuals and separate characters into a single unit. The two components to the relationship often cease being their own person and most of the drama that involves them has something to do with their lover or the relationship itself. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's tragic to see two complex characters with a lot of room for growth paired off, because that tends to shut down any growth that has nothing to do with the relationship.

I think shippers ruin fandoms for sure though. Holy fuck. I'm never telling another soul that I like Voltron. I really don't want to be associated with western fujoshis and endless gay fanfiction.

Already should've ended here

FOREVERMOOOOORE

Did it feel kinda forced? I guess... Ruberiot got the fact that she has a crush on him by... what? Looking at them hugging for like 10 seconds?

However, romantic subplot wise it was very much needed. This occurence was one of the things that shoved Star towards confessing, and as we know starco is endgame.

Let it be known by all,

that Ruberiot was the ballsiest fuckin bard in the entire history of Mewni,

and the biggest starco shipper,

RIP in reese's pieces you magnificent bastard.

you fucking cunt I posted this in another thread

how fucking dare you

don't make a pasta out of me I will END (You)

>not wanting this to become the next Keit-ai

Jackie did nuffin wrong

>Implying shippers had anything to do with Starco becoming canon.

I don't like Starco either but it was as predictable as the sun rising. If anything the shippers were just pointing out the obvious.

Didn't Eden Sher originally say that she saw Marco and Star as best friends like her real-life male best friend?

Eden Sher has no say but she has always hated Starco, the show and the fans.

She's also a proud supporter of the Trans Marco theory.

>A demographic of a given audience is enough to completely ruin a TV show for the rest of the audience regardless of the show's original quality.
Is it really that hard to ignore it and just appreciate a show that you like?

>also a proud supporter of the Trans Marco theory

oh transmarcofags!

You have to admit aside from the shipping SVFOE adds nothing to the table.

>Star Butterfl-Ai

Princess Star Butterfly falls in love with her best friend. AndhisnameisMarcoDiaz.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with her best friend's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when Star recounts the previous day's confessions to Marco, he only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the boy she called is not the same boy she fell in love with. In fact, Diaz doesn't exist in this universe at all. The other Marco is the alternate universe counterpart of her crush, who has fallen in love with her AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

I don't watch SVFOE so I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it.
Point is any given fandom will always have their cancerous side and letting it influence your opinion too much is just plain foolish.

source?

He could have added that just to spice up the song

He could also do that as revenge against Star being a bitch all episode long.

Source???

>She's also a proud supporter of the Trans Marco theory.

[Citation Needed]

>Implying there's anything worthwhile in this show besides shipping and lewd fanart.

It's mediocre at best.

Unfortunately "shipping" will forever be a part of all fictional media for some reason because we are obsessed with it for some reason. Which I can't explain why....

>Implying there's anything worthwhile in this show besides shipping and lewd fanart.

That's every show.

Shipping by itself is fine. It's interesting to see how these things play out, if they work, and ultimately if the characters can develop and evolve from their experiences.

Fandom shipping wars and competing for one character get really grating however. I've been avoiding Star threads ever since the s2 finale. Nothing but Star cuck posting and "JACKIE WON'T BE IN IN SEASON 3!!" self-deluding. At first it was tolerable but then you realize these people aren't being facetious and basically dedicating themselves to fictional pairings since they obviously have nothing in their own lives to fall back on.

She exist to make Star a cuck.

t.starcuck

>Shipping by itself is fine. It's interesting to see how these things play out, if they work, and ultimately if the characters can develop and evolve from their experiences.
This.
Character development is often driven by character interaction, and intimate relationships often bring up a whole new way for characters to bounce and build off each other. Shipping based on synergy of characters is fine. Shipping based on aesthetic value is hollow and worthless. If you only care about how cute they look together and not how they help each other or grow from it, then you might as well just make your own OC donutsteels and commission art of them.

>What is Voltron?
>What is Force Awakens