Why did he run and rebel when wallaces replicants are ment to never run and rebel ?

why did he run and rebel when wallaces replicants are ment to never run and rebel ?

>mfw mods have started deleting BR2049 threads but leave gorillions of Stor Wors threads up

He got bored of that

Similar reasons to why Roy did in the original film.

Replicants cannot be programmed to obey. They have to be indoctrinated and brainwashed. It's part of the philosophical debate as to whether they're human or not.

the replicant in nexus dawn seemed to have a very prectically working obey switch though

They're not meant to, but they do. That's why they run the baseline test.

Anyone have the penguin version of this?

Why do replicants bleed? I thought they were robots.

I haven't seen it so I don't really have anything to say about it.

You are wrong. Replicants aren't robots at all. They're bio-engineered humans.

I think literally because of the AI waifu. Which by the way I thought was the one behind the kid's search since she's a Wallace product as well and they wanted him to search the kid.

Turns out it was a stupid AI bitch and nothing more

He didnt rebel, he obeyed his boss and then didnt kill Deckard, he just killed my waifu which in turned killed his waifu

Thanks man. Who even made this anyway?

Because he believed that he's not just a replicant but a special born replicant with parents and a childhood and that belief alone made him transcend his original programming, no matter that it ended up being false in the end.

basically you got to pay attention. after the sex scene the prostitute sees the horse on his desk and recognizes it which indicates she has the exact same implanted memory as K. when its revealed that he isn't the chosen one, the rebel leader basically says that all of the rebel replicants share that dream (we all wish it was us). its only a coincidence that the blade runner assigned to investigate the replicant child happened to have one of her implanted memories which she illegally gave to wallace under the pretense it was fictional (the fact she knew it was illegal implies she did this deliberately)

Because in the end, he truly was a real human being.

This is brilliant!

The real question is does 2049 asume deckard is a replicant?

>basically you got to pay attention. after the sex scene the prostitute sees the horse on his desk and recognizes it which indicates she has the exact same implanted memory as K.
You are objectively wrong. She says "it's from a tree" not "it's from a dream".

>the rebel leader basically says that all of the rebel replicants share that dream (we all wish it was us).
The intent of the statement wasn't to be literal.

>its only a coincidence that the blade runner assigned to investigate the replicant child happened to have one of her implanted memories which she illegally gave to wallace under the pretense it was fictional
Not so much of a coincidence, his boss says it herself "little K, fighting for what's his". The memory serves the purpose of making him a better blade runner, it helps mold him into an effective fighter. Other replicants with similar purposes probably have the memory too.

It doesn't care either way, it doesn't think it's important.

This.

How did Rachel die.

Child birth.

The prostitute is intrigued by the horse because its like having a giant fucking diamond sitting on your nightstand, as the somalian says its enough to make him a very rich man

>You are objectively wrong. She says "it's from a tree" not "it's from a dream".

You are wrong, she clearly says Dream.

underrated post

Thats what i figured from watching it
I really hated ridley for ruining it by implying deckard was a replicant and its cool to see that its never strongly implied either way
You can argue that deckard is one because he impregnated rachel but we see that replicants use dna like we do so its definitely plausible that a human could get the job done

If you have the 1080p downloaded go look at it now. If you're meming because you realized you were wrong and can't stand being wrong I'm not going to partake further, so say your dumb meme post and be done with it.

It doesnt bring it up,.
Basically Directors Cut is cannon but its never mentioned.

Deckard says it himself "I know what's real". Or when he K asks him if the dog is real and he says "why don't you ask him?". Replicant or not does not matter even to deckard, he knows he has lived and that's real enough for him. That's one of the main messages of the film.

Joshi wanted to bone him here right?

He's only able to survive living in radioactive Vegas because he's a replicant. Even his dog is a replicant. I thought this was obvious.

Cause he fell in love.
Da computer fell in love with code and it set him free.

There's no (harmful) radiation. K's drone says as much when observing.

Welp fuck I couldn't screencap it through itunes. That's what I get for being an applefag. Still, Joshi wanted to finish the bottle and bone K right?

Sheeeeeeit well i think thats the definitive answer

of course

That was the implication.

There was no indication of this other than he was hiding out in a place nobody goes.

So basically confirms hes a replicate, why else would he be wanted.

why the fuck did 2049 not make any money? it was the best film of the year

plebs

because it's our kino, it was made for US

>dat mobie luks borin
>lets go watch mor mahvel

average movie goer

it's almost 3 hours long and requires thought. also, i really doubt anyone really wanted to see it outside of the US, maybe it did well in Japan? idk. Hideo Kojima saw it like 5 times in theater

I finished the movie but still don't get the significance of this scene

Someone help me out

It's simple, today's generation doesn't care and isn't even aware of the first Blade Runner, why would they care about this?
Add to that an almost three hours long runtime, a non ADHD friendly pacing, R rating, a complete lack of quips and you have a recipe for all the normalfaggots to not be interested in the slightest.

Bladerunner is a niche movie and out of the people who do know of it most are adhd kids who cant handle it
Out of he people who did like it many probably assumed 2049 would be shit
Add in modern normie taste and you have the best film of this decade flopping like a fish

It doesn't matter though, we've already witnessed the miracle and they cant take that from us

>why else would he be wanted
Because he ran off with a replicant and everyone knew.

It was 3 hours long and there were over 2 hours between the first and second action sequences. It also had a plot you had to pay attention to.

Wait, what happened here? You can't take screenshots while streaming movies though itunes?

it's basically K realizing joi was just a mass produced slutbot, and he's filled with a sense of purpose to not kill deckard, but instead reunite him with his daughter

But said replicant died long ago.

Moments ago he realised that he is not special at all, had no childhood, is denied a fatherly figure he just met, has no past or purpose and realises that all that "special" talk from Joi was a ruse, even though she was a corporate programmed product he believed her fully. It's the final punch of it all, the final realisation of his replicant state.
And that's the point where he chooses to deny both Wallace and the rebellion and to make his first truly individual choice of his life by reuniting a father with his daughter and by that becoming special like he always wanted.

Also that whole scene is a mirror of the Deckard scene with fake Rachel.

I'm sure some kind of body wanted to ASK HIM SOME QUESTIONS about the whole Tyrell being murdered deal

they had a child, she was the key. to get her they try to go through him, it's simple.

>Rachael 3.0's face when she realized that Deckard doesn't love her

This movie was so sad.

>it's basically K realizing joi was just a mass produced slutbot
No, he knew that from the start. K most probably saw that ad about a thousand times before. His awareness of her programming and being a corporate product is obvious in that scene where Joi tells him that she loves him and he replies "You don't have to say that"
Context is what is important now in that scene, what happens before and all

where can i get a jacket like Gosling's in this movie without paying several hundred dollars?

>It also had a plot you had to pay attention to.
I though it was rather straightforward, they do call backs to previous dialogue that's important and some things are straight up explained to the audience so you're constantly in the loop.

>"You don't have to say that"
I got flashes of specific phrases for voice activated stuff we have now when he said that.

you're probably right. it is better seen as a mirror of the deckard/fake rachael scene

>Flashback sequence literally explains entire puzzle in 3 seconds

Studio interference I bet.

You would look ridiculous and completely out of place even if you get the same exact jacket that K had and paying for something cheaper will only result in you looking even more ridiculous and out of place.
I suggest not to.

>without paying several hundred dollars?

You don't. You pay the several hundred dollars. You didn't think looking fashionable was cheap did you?

>voiceover of what sapper said as K flies to Wallace corp
baka

but i'm pretty tall and i think it would function as a great winter coat.

Film would be better without both. It's already incredible clear and they spell it out for you after he meets the resistance.

His programing broke when he encountered a paradox.

He found out (or so he thought) that he was born of a human and it completely shorted his prime directive.

Apparently not. Some DRM nonsense. Have to use a third party screenshot app or VLC, but I don't know how to convert the itunes. That's what happens when you try to support the movie and pay for it. Still gonna get the bluray though, but fuckin' apple.

born *like* a human.

Sorry anons I'm very drunk.

saved

Supporting Apple in any way basically signs you up to get cucked.

>credits roll
>"I'm almost human" starts playing

You were a real human bean to me, goddammit Gosling

I just wished that Denis used something else besides "Don't you love me?"

Its honestly incredible how provocative every second of the film is, even when it isnt dropping bombs like this its still keeping you stimulated with visual and auditory beauty and wonder, from beginning to end for 2 and a half hours every moment has something to offer

How can someone call this shit boring

denny didn't write the script you know

The same fucktards who call the original boring. I've never felt that about it.

It's just so fucking good.

It doesn't mention
However Deckard being human makes the story much more compelling

Because Villeneuve is just another marxist cuck. Than god we won't have the "revolution" sequel.

he was still a Blade Runner than never filed his last report and ran off with an experimental replicant owned by Tyrell Corp

The zoom-enhance shit goes on for way too long, but otherwise the original is constantly engaging as well with its marvelous imagery and atmosphere

I have fucking ADHD and I loved this movie. The problem isn't that people can't pay attention, it's that they can't recognize things to pay attention to.

There's something to look at, think about and appreciate in like 90% of the shots in the film. Mass audiences are just looking for big explosions and jokes, and don't appreciate things like cinematography or thematic depth.

I'm a sucker for world building stuff like that, but at the same time I recognize it's completely masturbatory and perhaps unnecessary.

To be honest, I found Ghost in the Shell similarly visually stimulating, it's just that the execution of story and the acting was kinda forgettable, not even bad, just eh.

Harrison Ford actually trying for once in the last 20 years was astonishing. So many fantastic performances in the movie. Even fucking Bautista gave a good performance.

No one ever replies to me...

Am I real bros???

K's death scene with the theme very reminiscent of the tears in rain monologue ;_;

Harrison Ford had better acting in this than in the original. Fight me faggots.

I agree, id go as far as to say deckard being a replicant ruins it completely, im so happy they ignored ridleys senile bullshit

How th fuck did K just randomly break the wall when he was running with deckard fom Luv? That shit was random as hell

thats actually a callback to the original. in the exact same plot beat when Deckard is in his car on the way to Tyrell's building he replays the recording of the previous Blade Runners VK test with Otis

Nobody will fight you. The acting in the original is most bad, except Rutger Hauer, who is amazing.

Batista is a surprisingly good character actor. I thought I would hate seeing him in anything but I haven't disliked any of the stuff he's done. Even Quips of the Galaxy is better with him

Movies are expensive so I go to the independent theater that has late run movies. Also, that shit was fucking loud as hell, my ears rang in the quiet parts