Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 teaser trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=H1O5f_0MSmg

I'll go back to /toy/ now.

Anyway, thoughts on this?

>Warner making money off of Disney properties
lol

Really liked MSH. Passed on Avengers. Curious to see if the X-men will be included. I know the Fantastic Four won't though and that hurts.

Hoping it has an original story and isn't as MCU focused like Avengers and is actually a proper sequel to MSH instead of just "Lego Avengers + GotG + Dr. Strange."

Avengers was okay. Biggest problem was being shackled to the MCU, and mainly the first two Avengers movies at that and the character roster reflected it. New York map was smaller and lost the Baxter Building and the X Mansion in return for just the Avengers compound. There were these new mini-hub areas but they were too small to really be fun to explore.

“With a completely original branching storyline, LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 introduces amazing new gameplay features, including the ability for characters to manipulate time and a four-player competitive Super Hero battling mode,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “With a huge array of brand new characters from the Marvel Universe, including old favorites in new guises, this game is sure to thrill both LEGO and Marvel fans, as well as newcomers to the series.”

“The LEGO Group is delighted to continue the stories of the legendary Marvel characters in a new LEGO adventure,” said Sean McEvoy, VP Digital Games, The LEGO Group. “Fans young and old will love playing through this all-new cosmic saga spanning the Marvel Universe as seen through the LEGO lens.”

“As we look to bring amazing games to Marvel fans of all ages, we’ve teamed up yet again with our incredible partners at LEGO, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games,” said Jay Ong, SVP, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 brings characters from across Marvel’s history into an original story told in a way that only LEGO games can, offering hours of epic gameplay.”

Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.

Packed with entertaining LEGO humor for fans of all ages, LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 features a four player multiplayer mode, allowing friends and family to play competitively or cooperatively as a team.

>Warner Bros.
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

>a teaser for a trailer
I fucking hate this timeline

WB makes all the Lego games. I'm not sure what you expected.

>Spider-Gwen
>alternate costumes for the same characters
Shit already, unless they adapt Avengers Forever in the main story missions

>Kang is the main villain
>going to 2099
>original story
OK, I'm in. Obviously no X/FF, but didn't expect there to be.

Will it have online play though?

>Yaas Queen front and center
As she should be.

A company with talent would've been nice

>online play in a lego game
lol

Does this mean i can finally play as Black Knight without having to buy the damn Masters of Evil pack?!?

I thought the Lego Avengers game was basically the sequel? Well, I'm not complaining. I love the Lego games.

After Lego Avengers, I'm skeptical they could reach the amount of obscure characters I love. I'm also concerned with the alt costumed characters will probably take up most of the roster.

>lego baby groot
im sold

i too, think that the talent of the publisher is the most important factor in a games quality.

Surprised we haven't gotten Lego Batman 4 yet.

Aren't Kang the Conqueror's movie rights at Fox?

I'll only buy if Quicksilver is in

any Baby Groot is great

Fr*ck James Gunn for ruining him with that stupid after credits scene

I'm just glad it's not Avengers 2. That game was crap compared to MSH

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch were in Lego Marvel's Avengers so I don't see why they wouldn't be here.

It was too watered down to be considered a sequel.

>MCU sinergy
to the trash it goes.

If your characters remain stationary, then there's nothing to tell your films apart.
Eh, I kind of loved all the obscure faces we got like the Avengers Academy kids and all that. I doubt this game will give us that.

Less MCU synergy than Lego Avengers which was MCU synergy

um... the title?

I'll take better gameplay and story over a more obscure roster.

>from Ancient Egypt
So are we getting all of Kang's incarnations?

You have to give it to Marvel. They are listening to fans. People said they wanted more games like LMH and less movie adaptation stuff.

If I showed you mashup clips of all five Transformers films, would you be able to tell them apart?
>>Lego games
>>Better Gameplay
You're hilarious.

Also, the story is going to be Ultimate Spider-Man levels of stupid. The constant "Look! Howard the Duck! Isn't that hilarious?" kind of shit.

Until we get Lego Marvel VS DC, I don't care. Or Lego DC VS Marvel, top billing.

I'm honestly surprised we didn't get another Lego Batman game in time for the Lego Batman Movie. Somebody dropped the ball, they would have made a lot of money.

This is low tier b8. Anyone who played the 2 games know the story and gameplay in LSH was better. It was a love letter to Marvel versus lego avengers was gave us crappy mini hubs and just the MCU up to that point with ripped audio from the movies.

You'd be getting 5 different Captain Americas and 10 different Iron Mans regardless. At least this way they're better than just "slightly different shade of blue."

WB is more focused on Lego Dimensions. If it's a property they have the rights to it's just getting an LD set. The only reason this game is happening is because Disney had a competing toys to life franchise and didn't allow Marvel or SW stuff in Dimensions.

If we go to the Old West, hopefully we get guys like Two-Gun Kid and Red Wolf.

>WB is more focused on Lego Dimensions.
Was. Lego Dimensions will be dead soon. They've already started patching out spaces on the level select menu that was supposed to go to future levels.

Not super surprised by that. Too bad Disney Infinity died off so soon. The stuff they had planned for a fourth game sounded awesome. Like full story mode and shit.

Toy to life games are flawed from their inception. They're super expensive and after a while kids realize it's not really worth it when there's cheaper stuff out there.

I never played Lego Avengers but LMS is overrated as fuck. The hub outside of the zones near Times Square and X-Mansion is bland as fuck, shitty flying controls, time trial missions missions for the gold bricks in the hub sucked ass and you can count in your hands the number of characters not from movies/cartoons.

I hope that they include some X-Men this time.

>O'Hara

I'm sold.

There was. Lego Dimesions was all about Batman and there was a purchasable Lego Batman Movie story pack that had 6 levels based on the film.

Ancient Egypt could also mean Apocalypse if X-Men are included.

>front and center
Are you stupid?
>Carolfag
Why do I even bother asking?

You are retarded.

So until Lego Dimensions stops being a thing, we won't get an actual Lego DC game again?

Probably. Good news for you, it's been canned and set to end after they release the Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans and Beetlejuice figs in a few months. We could have another DC game by next year.

Sucks that there's probably no FF/X-Men but it having an original story is a major plus. Lego Avengers was fucking terrible and a huge step down from the first game. Not limiting themselves to only movie stuff can only help this.

Harry Potter 1-4, Indiana Jones 2, and Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (which will be a GWG on xbox tomorrow!) and Lego Worlds all have online.

that is to say though, no this one probably wont. they love their Couch Co-op meme too much. which is a shame because Lego Dimension's battle mode could've used it.

I will say this, even though Lego Avengers was clearly a movie cash-in thing, they had tons of cool and obscure Marvel characters with little to no chance of ever being in a movie.
They had freakin' Gorilla Girl and Butterball from Avengers: The Initiative for Pete's sake.

>and a four-player competitive Super Hero battling mode,”
Sounds like online to me

Stuff like that was cool but it felt really fucking weird to have shit like Detroit Steel in a game and not the X-Men, F4, GotG, Deadpool or Spider-Man (until the the Civil War cash in DLC). Obscure stuff like that works best when you have the whole universe to play with, but going at complete opposite ends of the popularity spectrum was just odd. It's like they chopped off the top and bottom halves of a normal Lego game roster and just sort of stitched them together leaving the middle out entirely.

user, come on
Remember the first game?
Remember the undersea level? Remember the ruins?
Remember Namor?
You only remember three

I'm pretty sure they wanted to use Namor and probably would have included him in that level if it wasn't for the fact that Namor's videogame rights seem to be in some kind of inexplicable clusterfuck. He hasn't been in any videogame since 2006, they even removed a passing mention to him in Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Nice.
I loved the first game.
I pray that Agent Venom is in this one.

Marvel allows Kang to be in multiple videogames despite not having his movie rights. It's weird.

I just hope they have a Hub world like 1 and not the small hubs like LEGO Batman 3.

Agreed. Those little hubs were terrible, lifeless and made all the vehicles completely superfluous. Hopefully 2099 New York will be the main, large hub with the other timelines being smaller more condensed hubs. That way we get the best of both worlds.

Well, at least they look to be addressing the biggest problems with the last game.

Wish they'd do another DC game though.

So if they're dropping this trailer in May, we'll get the Square Avengers series and Insomniac Spider-Man at E3

All these announcements happening before E3 are freaking me out

Here's hoping Carol is the main character in Avengers.

I can't wait for Marvel to dominate video games like they do everything else

>Modern Square
>Modern Capcom
>Fucking Telltale

Yeah good luck with that. Spider-Man will probably be decent assuming we don't get another fucking Fuse situation.

>assuming we don't get another fucking Fuse situation.

EA has nothing to do with it so we're good.

Kind of weird how they announced the Spider-Man game a year ago and didn't give us any other news since. I guess we have to wait for E3.

They wanted to cash in on the Civil War hype I guess.

I can already tell no there will be no X-Men and no FF

Kang is highlighted as a villain. The first one had an entire level dedicated to F4 and one to x-men. I really hope they stick to that for the sequel. Hell Silver surfer and galactus were part of the main story line.

Is LEGO the only way we'll get a DC/Marvel crossover?

people have been hoping for years

Like this user said Kang seems to be unaffected by the "no FF characters" embargo. He's been in Contest of Champions, Lego Marvel's Avengers and Marvel Avengers Academy.

>speculative BS

I always forget how dumb you guys are when it comes to this "rights" and "embargo" horseshit.

It's about brand awareness and brand familiarity. Kang is an avengers and inhumans villain. Just because his movie rights are tied to FF doesn't mean shit in the overall disney brand pushing. Marvel and disney are very careful about who gets associated with what.

UMM ... anyone else find it really problematic that they didn't put Miles Morales in there?

The last one had Mr. Fantastic right off the bat.

Just give me my Nico Minoru this time around please. Fucking Chase was in Avengers and not her

I don't give a shit about FF and X-Men out if they make the Thunderbolts and Masters of Evil starting characters instead of DLC

OK user. Now explain to me why Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are often left out of videogames even though Marvel's movie branding has them as Avengers and nobody really associates the Scarlet Witch with the X-Men.

cite examples. Cause Scarlet Witch is in lego avengers and contest of champions. Also, just because they're not in EVERY game is indicative of shit.

The other mobile games that aren't CoC. Wanda and Pietro didn't even make it into the first Lego Marvel game. Wanda made it into Marvel Heroes, but so did a lot of people.

As for TV shows, Wanda and Pietro have -never- shown up outside of X-Men shit.

Contest of Champions is a bad example since that game allows X-Men characters, just not FF characters.
I think that they were only include in Lego Marvel's Avengers because they had no choice given that they were directly adapting the movies. And notice how unlike other characters, they didn't get any alternate outfits that more closely resemble the comics.
The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are nowhere to be found in Marvel Future Fight or Marvel Avengers Academy even though those have dozens of characters. They are the only MCU heroes not to be in these games.

>Wanda and Pietro didn't even make it into the first Lego Marvel game.

....and? This means what? Lots of characters didn't make into the first one. Im not sure where your tinfoil hat is trying to lead you.

Yeah, the only character that seems to be under an actual embargo solely because of rights is Namor.

>kind of looks like Human Torch at the beginning.
>its Baby Groot
for a moment I thought this game was going to do something unpredictable

>Kang the Conqueror
>Ancient Egypt

WE

>New York City in 2099
IS IT PUNISHMENT DAY?

Teaser teaser trailer?

That is not exactly a new revelation. Even Bendis made that joke.