Why does Disney claims to break new ground by adding diversity when we've always had Leia...

Why does Disney claims to break new ground by adding diversity when we've always had Leia, a feminist icon for years and Lando, unironically my favorite character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Modern politics was a mistake.

>Lando
who?

because it's a marketing trick. Killing the past is simply an excuse to push brand new products. And most millennials are way too fucking dumb to see the trick.

because everything in the past was homophobic, racist and sexist, you bigot.

Anyone who thinks female/minority characters are groundbreaking in 2017 is either stupid, woefully ignorant about your own industry or just a sneaky lying shill.

You know, the guy who snitched his best friend to Hitler, but then felt bad about it afterwards so it's all okay.

Imagine partying with slut Carrie back in the day.

Thats the thing. There were always POC and women in movies, in strong roles and in positions of power. But they weren't there to fill the diversity quota or because a white man with an infiriority complex felt bad and hired them. They were there because they were talented actors and because the role called for it.

Then came the dawn of gender / diversity studies and the massive influx of the western population going to universities. As that became normal, they started dissect and dissect the society they lived in, making up problems like "institutional racism, subconscious racism, white privilege, micro aggressions, etc."

Now as a direct result of that we have shows who hire bad actors for roles that do little more than shoe-horn a type of person in so no one one social media can call them bigots for not having more blacks, gays and women in it.

It's a shit show.

Harrison Ford really was the man

If I did half the shit he did, I would shout it from the mountains. Guy always played it cool.

>you'll never tag team Carrie Fisher with Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill
Why even live.

Because OLD SHIT IS BAD M'KAY AND NEW SHIT IS THE BEST EVER AND WILL BE THE BEST FOOR ALL TIMES!!!!!

Actually... it's just part of the reboot trend. We're rebooting social changes now.
Look for the first African-American girl to get in front of the bus next year.

I've benn on a 30s movie quick thes epast few months. Feminist characters and diversity was a thing abck then too. Except they were also well written.
That no-nonsense black guy being exasperated by whitey's stupidity was laready a trope back then. Eddie "Rochester" Anderson and Mantan Moreland were the masters of that type of character.

Holy shit, I shouldn't try to type after coming back from shoveling snow outside. Cold hands make me look like a fucking tard poster.

Except no one wants the new shit. The only toys that sell are OT characters, Kylo and Poe. Not Darth Vader and quipy action man, Phasma too but only because she is 100% just a walking toy design.

youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE&t=

Because that doesn't fit the narrative.

Yeah, I've gotten around to watch old 007 films from the 60s and was quite surprised to find tons of black sidekicks and strong female characters, despite Bond's sexism. Made me realize the feminists's claims, at least on movie representation, were total bullshit.

>they had a foursome
>ford and williams spitroasted fisher
what did mark do?

Get married.

Plus, Fisher is a Jew.

Blowing so much cocaine up her asshole that she could no longer speak, so she couldn't say NO.

oh I know, but i was talking about the Disney PR narrative. It's clear that Disney has damaged the IP and the toys aren't moving nearly as close as they used to.

eat da poo poo

go away mark

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D