Sup Forums owned again. There's nothing wrong with the Hodlo scene

Sup Forums owned again. There's nothing wrong with the Hodlo scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4gpgZO7NEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7zRmElyvmfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

...that's point of why it's silly in the SW universe. no is disagreeing that relativistic kill vehicles are unrealistic according to physics. they dont make sense in the SW universe because literally any ship with a hyperdrive is now a WMD. a golf ball accelerated to light speed can destroy a planet. wtf do you need a death star for?

it also ignores the already established rules of hyperspace to prevent this exact discussion.

Nobody on Sup Forums argued that ramming a spaceship moving at light speed wouldn't obliterate another space ship.

They were just saying it was stupid and ruins Star Wars to have a feat like that succeed.

>Neil deGrasse Tyson

way to miss the point dumbass

doesn't conceivability imply plausibility? that's a pretty low barrier of entry. These physicists need to go back to their calculators.

oh now hyperspace is science too?
when the fuck does this PR panic mode will ever end? Yesterday it was Kojima, today it's scientists, fuck knows what tomorrow will bring

>based in real physics
Can anyone show me the scientific article that validated this?

agree with the headline and move on

Why do they have to go to the authorities to argue a point of opinion?

>"Didn't like this steaming pile of crap movie well we consulted a college physics professor to set you straight and we alerted the media to expose you ".

Fuck Disney This is turning into another Ghostbusters except they're making a shit ton of money.

Love Leslie Jones, she was one of the producers on Punch-Drunk Love. Look it up.

>hyperspace ram is possible
>have yet to discover any evidence there are higher dimensions
>only working physics theory is more like Star Trek warp and even that works in theory and can never stop.

>>only working physics theory is more like Star Trek warp and even that works in theory and can never stop.
What? Explain. I thought the Star Trek one dematerializes your body.

Film editing you retarded faggot. And it's not even the same Jones.

le based science sambo

I just think it's funny that you looked it up.

>black science man opinion

based on the idea that a thing moving really fast would do a lot of damage to a thing moving not very fast, it's pretty easy to consider. Assuming "hyper space" is a thing that exists and both ships are made out of comparable materials.

>ramming something at light speed will destroy it
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT A GENIUS!!!!! ONLY A TRUE SCIENTIST WITH AN IQ OF A BILLION COULD COME TO THIS CONCLUSION!!!!

Jesus fucking Christ, somebody go punch that nigger in the face. I'd do it myself but I'm 8.101948e-10 parsecs away.

if an object travel with enought speed, can go almost through anything yes. but i don't understand how can go through 1 mega ship, and 10+ ships and the ship that runs at the speed of light is not destroyed at the first impact.

Why didn't the other two ships do the same thing? youd think the commanders would suggest not dying like bitches and just flip around and ram.

>Not understanding the argument, like at all

All this is doing is making physicists look like fucking idiots.
Maybe Black Science Man and Alcoholic Science Guy aren't the exceptions after all, but the rule.

Smart at one small thread of study, fucking retarded at everything else.
And oblivious to context.

Oh shit, it was actually him?
I thought they'd found some all new dumb fucks to disgrace the sciences.

Why not use unPERSONned spaceships?

>Doctors agree that Leia's survival is plausible

Except the damage would be a LOT bigger than what was shown in the movie.

Except we never argued it wasn't possible or plausible. Just that it breaks the rules/logic of the SW universe.
LS Weapons would change the face of their thousands of years old galactic civilization, as we've described at sickening length already.

It's a demonstration that Lyin Rian and The Puke-ass Film "story group" don't know what the fuck they're doing.
Sci-Fi is full of logical pitfalls like this and hack writers and brainlet SJWs need to keep their shit away from it.

>clergy agree force is plausible

This. ^

are you from the future?

I understood it as her ship going through the mega ship, and the debris from the mega ship just hit the others at a scatter shot effect.
Wouldn't that, theoretically, be the way that it would happen?

>(((plausible)))
Just like “worm holes”, eh?

The ONLY reason Holdo was able to flip around and ram is because Hux assumed it was a distraction and didn't bother shooting at Holdo's ship until it was too late. If they had tried ramming before then, they would have just been shot down.

Why didn't the first order just ram them instead slowly following the whole movie?

Why didnt the eagles ram mount doom

I thought the thing about the FTL ramming was chance at best, that Dern just happened to get close enough to the other spaceships for a "sweet spot" in which the mass decrease of FTL (not fully in hyperspace) wasn't total but the speed was enough to destroy something. In script it seems like a total cop-out that could've been written in a more believable although less flashy manner.

I could not give less of a fuck about scientific plausibility in a Star Wars movie, I don't even care if it ignore SW made up bullshit science because Star Wars has always operated on convenience and fairy tale logic. I just hate the character and everything to do with her and the Rebels story, and I think it would have been a better send off for Leia.

I don't know the answer to that one. Because the First Order's ships are actually manned and it would be far less expensive to just follow and shoot them instead of ramming them?

No it couldn't. No mattrer how small the sweet spot that lets this happen is, every military in the galaxy would have weaponized it centuries ago.

Ehh, yeah, but I'd rather not think Star Wars on such logical terms. No writer for the movies has done so. Suspension of disbelief and all of that.

There's a sub called r/MawInstallation which is pretty good about thinking of Star Wars on logical terms and attempting to explain things like this instead of just shitposting.

wait so did Leia survive blasting through a ship at lightspeed? wouldn't she turn into a fine mist of blood and bone dust?

I want to ram her pussy at light speed.

Why didn't they just hyperspace ram the trade blockade, the clone army, the first Death Star, Vader's ship, the second Death Star, the 3rd Death Star, and every other Imperial fleet?

Is there a name for an argument where they take the wrong argument and make it seem like someone is wrong based on that?

Desperate to unfuck this fucking fuck puddle.
The Disney Defense Forces Operation : Damage Control is in phase 16.

Nope

Disney's Lucasfilm's story group actually came up with a reason. Supposedly it's because it fucks up Hyperspace in the system in which the kamikaze maneuver is executed. As in hyperspace can't be used anymore ever at the location...I'm sure some user can link the relevant article. Anyway it's completely stupid.

>people have memed so hard about that edited webm that retards like this actually believe it's real

an association fallacy is the closest thing to that, basically it's where you associate an unrelated thing to something else, could be a person or it could be another argument.
An example would be how Trump is called far right because some far right support him.

"The Sup Forumstard defense"

Why didn't they do it the numerous other times they had to blow a big space ship up?

What's the joke? I ain't no black science man, but I think he's saying that if we have the ability to make another planet livable, we'll also have the ability to reverse the damage caused by even the worst pollution and climate change.

Related question: after all this damage control no one can deny that Disney has a hold on the media and no one will ever trust reviews for a Disney related product, right? They are all but saying they are shills now

>There's nothing wrong with the Hodlo scene.

Did the (((sceintists))) explain why no one ever did Light Speed Jihad in the previous SW films.

>another batshit conspiracy theory
>"everyone who disagrees with me is Disney!"

IN ROGUE ONE AT THE END
THE REBEL SHIPS START JUMPING TO HYPERSPEED
BUT VADER SHIP MATERIALIZES AND MANY SMALL SHIP CRASH INTO IT INSTEAD OF WARPING
THEY JUST EXPLODE AND DON'T DAMAGE THE BIG SHIP

am I the only one who saw this?

You need a ship big enough to do any damage

Correct. It's a sensible statement. He simplified his viewpoint on Joe Rogan. Paraphrased

>Whatever it takes to expand to another planet, it would HAVE to be easier just to fix Earth.

You don't get it. The next time there will a space battle, all that everyone need to ask is 'Why don't they hyperspace ram it?'
Even if you disregard the Clone Wars where they were in much worse situations and nobody ever used it, they painted themselves into corner for the future.
Even X-Wings have hyperdrive.

Dude look at the OP, it couldn't be clearer if they admitted it

>You need a ship big enough to do any damage
Compared to the Sodomizer (or whatever it was called), the rebel cruiser was a small ship.

>getting physicist to make sense of your fantasy movie
Christ.. this is getting pathetic and it's not like we don't understand "how" it's the "why" that's the problem.

As far as I remember it only crossed the wing, no?

This.

tags: space negro

Video related

youtube.com/watch?v=U4gpgZO7NEQ

who the fuck is Hodlo? that should be god damn Admiral Ackbar.

Calling it now: doctors will work harder to save this movie than they did to save Carrie Fisher.

>go in beyond lightspeed
>"plausible"
This is why mathematicians laugh at physicists.

Easily fixed in episode 9 if they have a throwaway line like "Why don't they just ram it." "It wouldn't work because X reason. Holdo's brave sacrifice only worked because Y reason."

Based science negro!

If that reason is shit, Star Wars is still ruined forever

>hackeo kojima
Ewwwwww...

Star wars was ruined in 1999 by TPM

too bad you were still shitting your diaper back then so now you want to latch on the hate wagon

That's not the complaint. These fucking nu-males always trying to deflect.

Trying this hard to bring it back.

But we're talking about The Last Jedi, a movie produced by Disney?

>Scientists have come to conclusion that disliking Star Wars The Last Jedi means being more prone to transphobia and nazism so you better like it or else

Fpbp
Classic shills trying to strawman the critique and nonsensical writers unable to handle criticism

How is hyperspace travel even a thing? Isn't it pretty much time travel since it rammed that big ship in a millisecond? How is that physically plausible?

Still the amount of damage was ridiculous. There was what, dozen star Destroyers that got totalled.
That also still doesn't explain why nobody except Admiral Quota ever used it before.

jap wants to get rid of the negro

They kept Clone Wars series as cannon. That is ten years of vicious intergalactic war. Nobody ever used it, especially considering whole droid operated armies including Motherships.

>That also still doesn't explain why nobody except Admiral Quota ever used it before.
Becuz turn ur brain off nerd, that's why

>Nobody ever used it
youtube.com/watch?v=7zRmElyvmfc

theoretical physicists ARE mathematicians

That's not even accurate. You would go flying upward and Eastward because the Earth is spherical. What a fucking dink.

No it didn't fuckhead, it just ran into the Destroyer at normal speed before hyperdrive engaged.

iirc it was a different dimension
but honestly the WHY isn't terribly important since most scifi and space fantasy have some bullshit one line reason why you can't do that or the equivalent. The REAL reason is it ruins all suspense and it's boring from a story telling perspective, which is why no one ever opens that box

it's how it happens in the expanse (hard scifi) so yeah it's legit

I'd think destroying both Death Stars and Starkiller base would be more important than not having hyperspave travel to the remote systems they were all located in.

Why didn't her "gamble" (holy shit is that really how they're wording it? She intended to die regardless) take place before she lost half her transports?

Why does Sup Forums hate him now? They were relentlessly shilling him during the first season of that new Bill Nye show.

>Black Science Man says the EPIC Hyperdrive Scene in 'The Last Jedi' is PLAUSIBLE

>He didn't even watch is own video
The droids just ram into a moon and die, what's your point?

Their plans were to lose the transports at last anyway and wait for reinforcements in the other base (aka they were totally fucked and grasping at every straw imaginable without losing morale). The ramming shit wouldn't have been necessary if the bait strategy had worked, but it didn't.

Ramming it directly wouldn't have made sense since the Empire DO have reinforcements. Dern or whatever her name was was just trying to make time for the survivors to get to the base.

>they obviously quit going to hyperspace due to some objects in the way, perhaps as a failsafe in the ship
>crash into the big ship at impulse power
maybe you should watch your video

So Admiral Tumblr's heroic sacrifice was not only unnecessary, but also a gigantic middle finger to the generations of space travelers who will no longer be able to use hyperspace in that star system and a virtual death sentence to any planet or space station in that region which relies on trade from different systems, enabled by hyperspace travel?
Thanks for clearing that up, Disney.