So, what exactly is the downside of being a Sith rather than a Jedi? I see only positives...

So, what exactly is the downside of being a Sith rather than a Jedi? I see only positives. You can freely let out your emotions and do what you like instead of living a life of virginity, repressing your natural feelings and living with equally autistic guys in a temple.
Plus, Sith seem to be more powerful (at least in the movies).
Why would anyone want to be a jedi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AiHXZl3pqj8
youtube.com/watch?v=CTk7STZuzU8
youtu.be/6ZiL_dpWKHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are boring, jedi are virgins but sith only fight and obey their masters' demands

It turns you into a rage addict psycho, you're miserable literally 24/7, and it fucks with your body until you're basically an inhuman monster who lives only to destroy

The only downside is your master will probably kill you before you can kill him.

Physical deterioration, living constantly under the threat of being offed and replaced because of the rule of two, very restrictive lightsaber color choices

Ignoring for the moment the literal Jedi-centric propaganda that suggests more, really the only functional drawback of being Sith is never being able to trust your people, because power-hungry people surrounded by power-hungry people is a paranoiac's nightmare.

they should probably show this in one of the moooooooooovies

Dying in your 30s or 50s

Most people like to think of themselves as good peoples, surprisingly.

but they did?

This. Also extreme paranoia because the sith ideology is based on gucking other people (even other sith) over.

nothing in the jedi code implies they can't fuck, just not marry

This, why do you necessarily have to be an evil sith?

>Fear, anger, hatred, the dark side are they. If down this path you walk, forever will it determine your destiny, consume you it will!

You gotta be evil all the time. Sounds tiring

t. a Jedi who was too stupid to even figure out they'd been played into a galactic-scale war by a single Sith

Revan was a shitty gary stu

Only from getting murdered by rival sith. The physical deterioration is only aesthetic, it doesn't actually age you, just makes you look like shit.

Also what's the lore reason for sith only using red lightsabers? Aside from anakin in RotS briefly using his blue one before he gets his red one as darth vader, I can't recall ever seeing a sith use a non-red one.

You have to either kill you mentor before he replaces you with someone who isn't a bitch or raise a student until they eventually kill you. Not to mention being an edgy loser with no friends.

Where was the deterioration in Dooku? He had an elegant, even pleasantly grandfatherly appearance and seemed to be in peak physical condition in terms of athleticism. Was he masking it like Sheev?

They can't fuck though. Unspoken law

Something about the only way of making the crystal work when attuned to the dark side was to make it 'bleed', making it red in the process regardless of it's initial colour.

kys

>Also what's the lore reason for sith only using red lightsabers?
Old-EU:
>Jedi and other light side factions control all sources of naturally-occurring kyber crystals. Therefore, the Sith use the Dark Side to artificially manufacture crystals in forges. The process spits out red crystals. It doubles as a test of strength and a rite of passage for young Sith, since you have to be in the furnace alongside the crystal to work the Dark Side on it during formation, enduring the intense heat and pressure.
Nu-canon:
>Kyber crystals inherently follow the light side. Sith kill Jedi and steal their sabers, and then bend the crystal to their will with the Dark Side. The process makes the crystal "bleed" in the Force, turning it red. Crystals can be "healed" by application of the light side later on, which turns them white.

The power of the dark side is easy to acquire, so you can get strong fast.

However, in order to maintain strength in the dark side you have to constantly maintain your rage, anger, and hate. Not really a pleasant way to live.

He wasn't as evil as Sheev or committed to the Dark Side as Sheev was for physical deterioration to start happening.

meme canon and doesn't even thematically make sense. They're red because synthetic crystals basically come out red, and synthetic crystals are more powerful and also an extension of your skill and mastery rather than just waiting around like some lazy hippy for a crystal that finds you ;^)

Friends are weakness
youtube.com/watch?v=AiHXZl3pqj8

Sith are cutthroat warlords who operate on a rule that the apprentice must kill their master before the master decides to kill them.

Jedi are an order of (mostly) peaceful knights who will take in anyone with force sensitivity, but only from a young age so they can basically be brainwashed to be slaves of authority.

So basically they're both shitty orders and it's better to be an independently practicing Force user.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTk7STZuzU8

Your neckbeard friends from comic con told you this?

>Plus, Sith seem to be more powerful

Only because it's so much easier and faster to grow strong as a Sith. Jedi have a slower growth rate, but have far greater potential.

Not even in EU is this true. The jedi code is a rule enforced by the council of yoda and his cronies, not a law nor property of the force. You dont magically gain nor lose your powers from getting jiggy with it.

the downside is that your master is just using you as a gopher until you man up and try to kill him and if you fail you will just die and he'll get another guy. also if you win then your apprentice will try to you kill you too eventually.

But they did. Sheev literally turns into an inhuman monster in three seconds.

>dark side is fast
But didn't Rey acquire enough light side powers to defeat Kylo twice in under a month?

>palpatine
>using a "Jedi weapon"
gay

why is there only angry psycho sith though? why aren't there any sex addict sith? or stoner sith?

Because the Dark Side is fear, anger, and hatred. Not sexual arousal. End these noncanon KOTOR preconceptions about what the Dark Side is.

You mean like Sheev, who is instrumental to the plot of the OT and PT because he grows mad with power after becoming a Sith Lord?

And yet yoda who was like 500 could not beat sheev

The virgin Jedi
vs
The chad Sith

>ywn be a jedi in forbidden romance with a fashy sith qt

but he looks disfigured only because his lightning was reflected back directly into his face

The synthetic stuff was retconned, now Sith kill Jedis to get their lightsaber and make the kyber crystals inside it "bleed".

Bad guys don't go to heaven

Society is sith philosophy

The want to aspire for more is sith. The want to love and feel. Letting your personal goals guide your path.

However imagine our society if we were given lighsabers and we could simply kill our bosses when he surpass them in achievements.

We would be no different.

I know, but that's fucking stupid, it also makes Sith dependent on Jedi.

Do you want your dick ripped off because your sith gf thought it would be funny to watch you scream in pain as you try to stop the bleeding?

How to spot an underage retard who just read Ayn Rand 101

Well society is more like the Jedi in that it seeks to put chains on peoples will. People's actual thought process is basically Sith naturally but think of how many people self censor their own brain for thought crimes against the narrative.

>You can freely let out your emotions and do what you like
You can't control your emotions and are a slave to them. Always acting on a whim like a bipolar faggot (Rylo)

It's better than them having to rely on synthetics crystals, that's frankly pathetic and imply Sith are simply imitating the Jedi.

Plus it sends the message that a Sith, even without lightsaber, can defeat a Jedi.

>people don't have will and ambitions
What did he mean by this

>most Sith become Sith because they're Elliot Rodger mad they can't get pussy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Apparently it's his actual appearance, he was just using a disguise up until now.

If you play SWTOR you will learn a mostly light side sith is the most reasonable person in the galaxy.

They use all emotions and don't have to abide by lame ass jedi rules.

Let's not get into the details or what I want from my not-actually-a-Sith gf

She needs my dick to make force sensitive babies

Hatred is self destructive, always has been.

Eh, you might as well play a jedi knight and occasionally break the jedi code. The jedi code was intended to be restrictive and wrong, and not made for the protagonists anyway.

>SWTOR
>canon

What board do the Jedi visit the most?

But playing as a bloodthirsty monster sith is so fun.
youtu.be/6ZiL_dpWKHo

My favourite moment is at 6:47

Becuase that would require star wars to be original/have interesting characters. read the fucking EU and try to tell me the writers for star wars had any good ideas with a strait face.

/adv/ and /his/

Than I rather be a sith wtf.

Sith gets more money, power, and control

Jedi don't even own a fucking home. They can have no attachment.

Ever met a rich jedi??

Every sith is rolling in money.

/r9k/, /lgbt/ and Sup Forums probably

What board would be sith?? I would guess Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

>Every sith is rolling in money
Are they really? Almost every sith is as much of an autistic monk as a jedi, their autism is just working in the opposite direction. I'm actually struggling to remember a single hedonistic sith.

Obiwan fobid it, and look how Luke reacted when Rey was alone with a boy. It's not allowed

G R E Y J E D I.

Grey jedi are a shitty meme.

>look how Luke reacted when Rey was alone with a boy
That's because that boy was Kylo Ren.

revan got BTFO by the sith emperor tho

He's his nephew. It's not like she's fucking a stranger

Sup Forums /soc/ and /e/

>Sup Forums

Sith are not retards.

Last time they met, that nephew murdered his students and burned down the jedi temple.

Nu-canon is Harry Potter-level bad

*quotes literally any of Sheev's lines*

>murdering students means you're not allowed to get laid
OK. Besides who knows if Luke isn't lying.

This desu, hedonism is a weakness

oh

You mean up until a long time ago?

Action speaks louder than words.

The jedi talk smart but act dumber than gunguns.

>So what is exactly the downside to using your immense physical strength to terrorise people instead of helping them. I only see positives. You can freely let out your anger on other people and do whatever your animalistic senses tell you to instead of living a life of limited pressures where you have to keep your urges in check and living in harmony with a stable social environment. Plus I feel stronger when I beat up peaceful monks.

Do you understand now OP ?