How good Sup Forums actually is at predicting the SJ ending

Ok I'm tired of this shit.
The SJ finale comes out in a week and there's a possibility that Jack won't get to the past after all. Of course, after this happens, many people will disregard any sort of possible criticism for this plot point because "you should've seen it coming" and "it was obvious to begin with". Of course it's very easy to say once the deed is done, but let's try and check how many people here can actually see stuff coming before it happens.
Here's a poll with just two options. Vote. Please post the link in whatever Samurai Jack thread you see, we want maximum amount of real votes for this.
strawpoll.me/12970898

Difficult to say.

I see three likely outcomes:
>Jack saves Ashi, goes back to the past. Ending is bittersweet because he has to leave her behind.
>Jack fails to save Ashi, defeats Aku and remains in the present.
>Jack fails to save Ashi, goes back to the past.

Him saving Ashi and them staying together would honestly surprise me.

My prediction for the final

>Jack kills Ashi ether by slashing her up or when Jack kills Aku, Ashi will die too because she is a part of Aku
>Jack goes back into the past and kills Aku
>he saves his village and the world but he is so sad about Ashi dying he then wanders off into the woods never to be seen again
>maybe a set up for season 6 or a set up for a new series with Ashi or Jack and Ashi's son/daughter

Honestly, the fact that Ashi exists makes me believe Genndy is bored of Jack. She's the only reason Jack would want to stay in the future and there's no way her death could not be executed poorly, considering all the time building her character up will have been a big waste of time. Jack will probably live happily ever after with Ashi and become a king. 6/10, meh.

I feel like since Ashi is part Aku She will be able to make a time portal most likely at the expense of herself. So my theory of the Ashi sacrificing herself to send jack to the past is what I will bet on.

Personal predictions

>while Aku is holding the sword up in the air like an idiot, it get thrown off (possibly near Jack) by a firearm shot from one of the Scotsman's daughters
>the new army has arrived and is gonna hold off Aku while Jack either gets his shit together and/or has round 2 with posessed Ashi
>obligatory partial/complete freedom from mind control of Ashi
>being part Aku, Ashi will use herself to restore the time gate (possibly dying in the process), allowing Jack to travel back to the past
>he manages to defeat Aku there, but Japan is still fucked up, it will need decades to heal
>Jack still is affected by the time gate eternal youth
>being overrun by remorse of Ashi, the friends he made in the future and the fact that noone will know the truth, he begins walking the planet in exile and reflection

Autistic bonus:
>after centuries of pilgrimage, Jack sets in a busy city
>he renounces forever to fighting, instead starts studying science 'n shit
>years later
>he's messing with some chemicals trying to the perfect little girl, with a faint hope he'll be able to recreate Ashi
>too much Chemical X instead creates 3 girls with superpowers
>tfw Jack has become Professor Utonium
>tfw Samurai Jack has been a prequel to the Powerpuff Girls all along

don't mind me, just best possible ending coming through

This, up to when he kills aku in the past
>he rules over the land of Japan as ruler until he decides to pass it on and roam the world.
>centuries go by, becomes immensely depressed that the world has become shitty even without aku
>he sees a woman that looks like Ashi in public in a city and gives her a look of warmth, she looks back and smiles

Confirmed for finale:
>Aku chains up Jack
>High priestess is back as well (Grey Griffin was in the studio with Greg,Phil and Tara)
>Both of them encourage Ashi to kill Jack
>Jack tells her to fight back
Predictions:
>The Scotsman finds out about Ashi from the old friends of Jack
>They team up with the Scotsman
>Guardian is still alive and was hiding while Aku got the sword
>Potential Guardian fight?
>The Guardian tells the Scotsman and army about Jack being captured
>The Guardian knew they would be here and tells them about the prophecy
>They storm Aku's castle.
>Demongo shows up and attacks the army
>Aku tells Jack that Ashi will die if he kills him or Aku says if he gets killed in the past Ashi will cease to exist (this is likely to happen.)

That's all I've got. There is no way I can predict the ending.

I really want this to happen.

It would be cheesy as fuck but I want it to happen.

No matter what happens in the finale, there will be a cataclysmic shitstorm.

Yo peep this shit homies:
>Jack is imprisoned in Aku's fortress in eternal flames for retribution
>his dad is there too, like it has been hinted at
>Jack apologizes for his failures, thinking he has brought dishonor on his family (calling back to earlier this season)
>his dad actually forgives him, saying basically the past has been written and makes us who we are and who we become. He recommends Jack to just try and make this future better.
> he disappears, making Jack wonder if he was actually there or if it was just a vision.
>Scotsman and his daughters find out jack is imprisoned back in Akus fortress
>They also make an army made of all the callback characters in episode 6
>yes that includes old samoorai in traditional attire
>they storm the fortress and free jack and get his sword
>jack gets Ashi to overcome aku
>aku laughs and final boss happens
>everyone takes part in using the sword and beating the shit out of Aku.
>Aku threatens Jack that he is the only one capable of sending him back to the past
>Jack says he fights for the future and lands the final blow.
>after aku dies the land becomes prettier over time and ashi and Jack settle in his old village, Ashi finally sees the trees and the beauty
>Jack meditates in the back to a shrine of his ancestors, thanking them for the blessings and sets his sword on the mantle as he leaves to play with his kids
>it ends on a shot of the sword

>"I do not want you to become just a memory."

Even when he wins, Jack still loses.

Why is an Imakandi in the center of this pic? They're irrelevant after their episode

What the fuck happened here? We were so hyped. And then we got...this.

WHO USED THE MONKEY PAW?

WHO DID IT?

all the side characters minus scotsman are at the same level of relevance really.

You didn't watch Episode 9 I guess

>>>/reddit/

All things considered, The Scotsman is also "irrelevant". Most of his friends appeared in 1 episode only, the scotsman I think got the most appearance and even that was what, 3 episodes out of 4 entire seasons?

They just got brought back because they were beloved by the fans.

I did. It's pretty fucking mediocre. If there really is just one more episode left, then i honestly don't know what i'm gonna do. This entire season feels rushed and underdeveloped.
Oh shut up.

>Aku is imprisoned in the Scotsman's magic sword
>With his ghost
>Aku can't do shit about it nor can he harm Ghost Scotsman
>Scotsman just insults him in a chain of gaelic banter that stretches for eternity
Best End

Then you're just being a whiny baby, what more can I say. If your post wasn't so obnoxious I'd have just ignored it.

Well excuse me for having standards.

My prediction:

>Episode Beings with Jack chained up
>Scotsmans army ride in and all hell breaks loose
>Scots frees Jack
>Ashi seeing how far the world is willing to go for Jack, plus Jacks words of encouragement breaks her out of her Aku mode
>Aku enraged decides to destroy everything
>Aku begins to spread, starts engulfing the world
>Army hold on for dear life
>Jack stares down his enemy, lifts his sword
>Charges forward
>GOTTA GET BACK, BACK TO THE PAST SAMURAI JACK
>Battle ensues
>Aku eventually defeated
>Jack decides to stay and help rebuild the future with his friends
>Party
>Jack sees the spirits of his parents in the distance looking approvingly (Think ROTJ)
>"Gotta move forward"
>WATCHA

You're excused for having unrealistic standards.

>there's a possibility that Jack won't get to the past after all

Almost a certainty. He'll stay in the future and rebuild what Aku destroyed.

Dodgers wakes up from a fish-toxin induced fantasy.

Jack dies, Ashi remains in her demonic form but break free of the mind control, kills Aku, uses her newfound powers to revive Jack, create a new time portal and send him back to the past. Saunich then proceeds to defeat Doctor Contingency.

Wait.

There was actually an official soundtrack release for the old series?

It's so fucking obvious that the Scotsman will somehow save Jack at the last minute because he was explicitly shown to come back as a ghost. If this ends up being what happens (which it will) it raises two questions:
>what the fuck was the point of the Scotsman showing up before the last episode at all?
>what the fuck was the point of already explicitly showing us that he did not actually die?
If they either never showed the Scotsman until now or did not show his ghost after he was killed it would make the inevitable final rescue way more meaningful, especially if a living Scotsman that we haven't seen since the original series ten years ago sacrificed himself in the final battle. What were they thinking with this?

So... Does this means that "Him" was Aku all this time?OR maybe a fusion between Aku and Scaramouche

>Jack saves Ashi, goes back to the past. Ending is bittersweet because he has to leave her behind.
This is the one I'm betting on.

Final shot is gonna be something super fucking bittersweet like a shot of them looking at the same sunset thousands of years apart or something super depressing like that.

I swear to god if they pull an ROTJ ghost ending I'm burning down the studio.

You forgot the most important part
>WATCHA

It's clear he won't go back to the past, he's built something in the future and made many friends.
If he went to the past he would undo all of it making his long journey in the future in many ways meaningless and unimportant.
It wouldn't have the same kind of punch if he simply undid all his exploits and returned to when he was supposed to kill Aku.

What's up with "WATCHA"?

Would also give the whole episode where the professor has to PAY Him becoming light-hearted in the end. Him knows he cannot take on anymore his arch-nemesis, so he's just rolling with what's happening with the world, and playing with him.

But that would kind of ruin the tragic point of X9's story.

How do you know it's not DBZ rules where it just makes a separate time line?

Why would jack fight the Guardian?
There's no portal to guard anymore.

Why didn't aku jsut send jack tothe past so none of this could happen?

>WATCHA

I don't get why people argue that Jack remaining in the present is the good ending.

Like, I get it from a character standpoint, assuming that Ashi manages to survive and all. From a personal perspective, he's become so far removed from the world of the past that he won't belong even if he returns, he has something to make life worth living in the present now, etc. etc.

But do people really want that in exchange for the suffering of untold billions over generations and across worlds, just for Jack to have a bit happier of a personal resolution? I always figured that his altruistic nature and need to save people would trump his own personal feelings, and it's hard to just handwave all of the terrible shit that's come out of this version of the present just for Jack to have his waifu.

I dunno, someone explain it to me. It doesn't even feel "bittersweet" for him to not return to the past, while him being willing to give up his own happiness to save literally everyone and everything else does.

Jack will be forced to kill Ashi to kill Aku

After defeating Aku once and for all, the gods offer Jack 2 choices. 1) Return to the past and undo the future that is Aku. No negative side effects 2) Stay in the future without Aku. He gets one wish that they will grant.

He stays and wishes Ashi was still alive

Well, there are a lot of ethical problems with time travel. According to Genndy, he'd still be leaving a timeline behind to suffer and deal with Aku. According to logic, all of the people he saved from Aku would probably have never existed, and he'd be dooming the entire world population to nonexistence as well - this might be a little irrelevant to the tone of the show, but all of that never happening because Jack finally hit the reset button isn't a SATISFYING ending for these reasons.

Can't he just wish everyone Aku's killed to be alive'd?

Well Genndy said he get back to the past.

Anyone have the updated reaction guys picture?

Well, he can go back and then after slay aku there get back to the future to stay with his waifu.
Tho how things are going i have no idea how jack will even defeat aku in the future anyhow

fucking DUMB.

Jack defeats Aku, but is killed in the process.
Ashi lives, and is pregnant. You see her telling her son the tale of the Samurai who came from ancient times, the Samurai who slew Aku in the future, but never made it back to the past.

Final scene is of a young man looking much like Jack standing before a strange portal.

The Guardian welcomes him, and draws his weapon. "It has been prophesied that only one man will defeat me, and use this time passage. And you my Man might just be that Man."

Watcha.

fucking SMART.

>people suggesting "and they lived happily ever after" endings when Genndy's said it will be bittersweet

...really nigga?

i dig this

Too long for 20 minutes.

>Jack is in chains
>Ashi has to fight her inner demons
>Scotsman's rebel army arrives
>Scotsman's army fights Aku's minions
>Through the power of love and Jack's sword, Ashi is purified of Aku's control/ essence
>Aku is defeated
>Jack can age normally now
>Jack and Ashi find happiness in each other
>With Ashi and all of Jack's friends, they help rebuild Aku's future

but they haven't fugged

OR HAVE THEY.

The only thing that can overpower the potent semen of AKU Shapeshifting master of darkness, would be the divine seed of a FOOLISH SAMURAI.

I am surprised so many fags think Jack is getting back to the past now. All time portals were destroyed and Guardian's prophecy was retconned. Also Genndy said back to the past is metaphorical.

Pastfags and Guardianfags are in denial is why they can't accept Jack staying in the future.

wouldn't revive ashi. it's like at the end of the buu arc goku wishes for everyone who died in a specific time frame to come back instead of buu's victims because vegeta killed a lot of people too

Less of a "what I think will happen" and more of what I hope.

1/2

>Last battle with the Scot's army laying siege to the fortress.
>Getting BTFO by Nega-Ashi while Aku taunts the imprisoned Jack.
>Jack retreats within himself, his mind a dark void. Blue Jack has returned and is tormenting him with his failures.
>Ghost Scot goes to find Jack, sees him trapped.
>Tries to get Jack free, but Jack is silent.
>Ghost Scot goes inside Jack's mind. Finds Jack kneeling in nothing.
>Jack mutters "It's over, I failed."
>"Don't tell me you're givin' up ya pajama-wearin pansy. For years ya don noting but give hope wherever you go. Always helpin' the innocent no matter how impossible. Open yer eyes Jack, just look. All a dem out there ar given up their lives because they know that you would."
>Montage of the allies from past episodes fighting, some even dying.
>"You only fail when ya stop fighting. So keep fighting Jack!"
>Jack, powered by Scotsman's words and magic, bursts from his prison and falls to the battlefield
>Short fight with Ashi, saves her with the power of love (of course).
>Team up to beat Aku. Because Aku still has Jack's sword, they are losing. Eventually Aku has Ashi near death with Jack about to rush in to save her. Aku, who still has Jack's sword, opens up a portal to the past.
>The past before he took over, the last before it all happened. Aku promises that Jack he live the rest of his life there in peace.
>Jack wrestles with it for a moment and starts to walk toward the portal.

2/2
>Studdenly he turns around and sprints toward Aku. He frees Ashi and grabs his sword.
>Corner, Aku changes the destination of the time portal and escapes through it. Jack and Ashi follow.
>Time portal end is right after past-Aku flung past-Jack to the future.
>The two Akus merge into their final form.
>insert perfect final battle here, with Jack and Ashi passing the sword to each other.
>Finally after some acrobatics, both of them with a hand on the sword deliver the final blow.
>Ashi, being a child of Aku, begins to fade away.
>She and Jack share a tearful goodbye
>Ashi uses the last of her power to create a time portal allowing the people of the Aku-future to come into the past.
>Jack becomes king, same outfit from the Guardian's crystal.
>As he looks out over the land from the top of his palace he sees the people from worlds old and new building a new future.
>A butterfly lands on his finger. Feeling Ashi's presence, he smiles.
>Watcha

>Also Genndy said back to the past is metaphorical

Well fuck. Call me a past fag, but I really just want him to make it back.

Without Aku Ashi would never exist. If he goes back in time she will never exist. However, since the rules about fictional time travel aren't that strict, maybe Ashi can go back in time with Jack. Also, he can't voluntarily choose to stay in the future because he'd be giving up the opportunity to undo all the suffering Aku caused, so I think he'll go back with or without Ashi.

Do you guys think there will ever be any episodes to fill in the ~40 missing episode numbers between seasons 4 and 5? Did Genndy ever address this?

Yes, you are a pastfag

Honestly I just refuse to believe Genndy will shit the bed that badly, Jack has to go back, he just has to. And if he doesn't then I wouldn't know what to say, he would ruin the series.

I hope