ITT: Brutal quips

ITT: Brutal quips.

>"Peter isn't a school shooter living his revenge fantasy"

I don't know what you're talking about. He was always a perfectly functional teenager

Retard alert

All this needs is one of the girls to tell Flash what fantastic legs he has

Sal is the Wonder Woman of Marvel.

Considering those kids were cunts his hatred is pretty justified.

>Uncle Ben dies
>Everyone knows
>They still shit on him

It's pretty mean. Even the movies had Flash show sympathy

damn, I could've sworn I saw Doctor octopus go through the same sequence as that bottom row of panels sometime

What If Otto's mother was murdered by a criminal like Uncle Ben was? Would he have turned into a hero?

kek

Bendis thinks he's being clever, but all he's doing is make me realize that yeah, it really makes no sense that Kingpin gets away with so much and has so much power. I don't think that pointing out that something is unrealistic in-universe is a good idea.

>Unrealistic

Nah, overly corrupt crooks who get away with anything do exist in pretty much every country

>unrealistic
LMAO

That was easily the best part of the amazing movies, Flash picking at Peter until he finally let out some of that pent up anger on him, then asks if he feels better. Too bad the rest of those movies were god awful

The Kingpin really pushes it. If everyone knows that you're a murderer because there is a fucking tape of you snapping a man's neck in cold blood, nobody is going to want to be associated with you in public. He may be able to maintain his criminal connections, but society at large would never accept him. He would be shunned, he'd be an embarrassment that the ther corrupt rich guys would avoid lest people realize that they're criminals too.

Kind of hypocritical coming from Spidey when the rags do nothing but shit all over him.

I haven't read anything with Kingpin in it after Miller but I thought he wasn't really supposed to come off as a legitimate businessman? Everyone knows who he is and thus no one in their right mind will ever fuck with him.

It's like how in Mexico if you're cartel, you want people to be able to tell by looking at you or through word of mouth, because people will be so scared of getting their heads chopped off they'll do whatever you want.

And how was Sal a cunt?

EVERYONE'S GOTTA PRICE!

nice

Ah, the good times when Ultimate Spider-Man wa good.
Someone post the continuation with cards.

I am tryng to figure out how to say it best, but the Marvel Universe doesn't really have a working model anymore. There's no striving for a platonic ideal, there's just an endless decompressed mess of one page at a time shit.

You're thinking about it the wrong way. Kingpin isn't a guy with connections. He's the guy that people are connected to. To put it another way, he has the best superpower: Resources. Money. He makes some bribes, some donations, his PR people spin and remind everyone all of the indispensable services he provides, and that he's just being set up with all this fabricated evidence. And so he gets away with it, despite the fact that everyone knows just what he is. This is what made Back in Black really satisfying for me, that Peter just dropped all of his fucks and brutally beat the fuck out of Kingpin, humiliating him and reminding him that at the end of they day, he's just a fat guy with no real power of his own.

Someone post the one where parker makes the crippled lizard girl break down into tears mid fightus.

lel