Crossovers

What are the best crossovers?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CaptainErsatz
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawyerFriendlyCameo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like how X-Men comics are in Logan and address how the movies aren't like the comics

Batman/Hellboy/Starman was great.

For Crossovers that don't use the method of interdimensional tropes, do writers usually retcon the Characters?

They make them exist on the same earth. See any old crossover with marvel and dc [before jla/avengers]and mvc.

They usually go "character X visits the town of character Y for reason Z, hijinks ensue and then he leaves forever"

starboy/captain of outer space was pretty good

It depends. Some Marvel/DC stuff (Superman/Spider-Man, Batman/Hulk, NTT/X-Men, Batman/Punisher, Batman/Spider-Man) act as if the characters are in the same universe but there's not that much change to their history.

Others might change history, like in the recent Shadow/Batman crossover Henri Ducard turns out to be The Shadow. Or Archie vs Predator where everyone except Betty and Veronica got killed off. Then there's interdimensional crossovers that do change things like the Star Trek/GL crossover (where the remaining GLs and other Corps members come from a universe that was overtaken by the Black Lanterns) and they actually remain there instead of their DCU getting fixed up so it's also now an alternate universe to Abrams Trek. we also find out that in the Abrams Trek universe that the Guardians exist, they're still at the stage where the Manhunters haven't turned on them yet. And it ends with Hal asking Kirk to go travel with him to a system that has a red sun since the Federation hasn't discovered it yet.

How did they meet in the actual comic? Time travel or did they stick closer to the book?

Different universes. The Guardians need to get rid of a powerful ring so they tasked a Lantern to go into another universe to hide it, which turned out to be the Planet of the Apes universe (the original films).

Doesnt the reboot series tie into the old one?

Doesnt Taylor's ship take off in the beginning of Rise?

Death Wish/The Vigilante/80's Punisher

Yeah but the director changed between the first and second movie. And Reeves don't like those obvious references, he likes to make his own movie without relying on Easter eggs. Respect to him though, War looks fantastic.

But to answer your question, yes it's supposed to tie in to the original movies but to bring back the same characters ? I have doubts, I'd love to see Taylor, Zira and Cornelius though

Speaking of the book, do think the crew in the reboot experiences events more similar to the book? In that they go to an actual alien-ape world to then return to an ape infested earth?

Not true. Batman was totally shoehorned in and didn't have anything to do with the story, and the story itself was mediocre filler.

Yes.

The Crew went a few thousand years in the future right? That gives Earth plenty of time to adapt to what it'll be like in the first film.

I mean, they were in/near NYC the whole time. It seems like humans still managed to throw a few WMDs before they were finally enslaved.

Best crossover ever.

Also the Tarzan/Planet of the Apes crossover is generally contained in one universe, the instigating factor is that Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Milo time travel like they do after Beneath the Planet of the Apes, but instead of ending up in 1973 (where the events of Escape happen) they end up in the early 1900's and so Cornelius and Zira live among the Mangani and raise Tarzan alongside Milo.

Planet of the Apes thread?

This one

>Don't worry, none of this is canon *looks at camera*
I hate UG but shit that was funny

"OUR SHIP!"

i can't believe they were really brothers the entire time

At least you can admit it. So many SU fans are still butthurt that it was one of the best episodes of SU.

It was probably the funniest
I'm a total SUfag but I never understood the hatred of this ep

Tarzan / Planet of the Apes was a fun read too.

Any reason they're posing like that?

JoJo

Explain.

I dunno. It looks cool and dynamic?

Is there cookies and milk in the batcave?

There's bat-cookies and bat-milk!

Most do this: >tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CaptainErsatz
>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawyerFriendlyCameo
Here's an example if you're too lazy to read the articles: pic related is from Army of Darkness vs Hack/Slash, that's Jason Voorhees next to Ash's shotgun, implying that the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash stories happened to Ash. He looks just enough like Jason that we (the reader) know who it's supposed to be, but it's just different enough that the lawyers don't get upset.

Where can I get bat-products?

>two lame old farts team up
Lol

This one and the Space phantom / Green lantern were fun

Archie/Punisher is great.

*Space Ghost

Yeah, you got it, thanks user

>Not Spider-man and Kamen Rider
fucking pleb

I was hoping for them to reference that Clark's original boss at the Daily Star has the same name as the charlton heston character from Planet of the Apes

(a bit much I guess...but could have made a nice easter egg)

There is only one answer

Didn't feel like adding a rider twice but alright I guess
Would V3 been the better choice?