Batman #23 Preview: The Brave and The Mold

Batman and Swamp Thing investigate a murder

cbr.com/exclusive-preview-batman-23/

end of prview

Oh hey Mr. Moore.

Guessing by Gordon's reaction, Swamp Thing didn't come to Gotham in new 52?

>Tom King kills Alan Moore

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

He did but gordon doesn't know that he knows batman.

>Alan Moore
>Swamp Thing's father

Aww dats so cute

I guess the events of Moore's Swamp Thing didn't happen? You'd think Gordon would remember that time when Swamp Thing got pissed off when Abby was imprisoned in Gotham.

Just because Gordon don't know him, don't mean the event didn't happen but differently.

It's the same as return of superman happened but no superboy, clone luthor, parents, matrix supergirl.

I remember it being addressed in either Snyder's run or Soule's. I think it was Soule's

Alec is Swamp Thing while Moore's Swampy is retired and chilling in the green

I wonder how Moore feels about this
probably nothing

Honestly, we need more crime and detective stories in Batman, rather than some dinosaurs or zombies attacking Gotham. Every writer since Morrison has been poorly trying to recapture his run. Detective stories are versatile as it is, so everyone can do a twist on them.

So this means that Bruce didn't listen to Thomas and he still doing the Batman gimmick?

Unless this is Dick Grayson

>Fuck you Dad! I am the night!

That dude is probably high as shit on opium administered to him by asian concubines in silk dresses while listenening to Tibetan throat singing on vinyl most of every day, I doubt he feels anything anymore.

The Button ends with Batman questioning whether he should answer the Bat-signal. Presumably his doubts about continuing will be a significant part of the run moving forward.

Doesn't mold have its own kingdom and protector?

Swamp thing is a plant based protector, not mmold nor fungi.

it's a pun-based title, not a 100% accurate descriptor of the plot

Batman isnt going to quit anyways. Rich johnsons lying as well.

Mold might be the villain.

in current canon they are considered the grey
that being said, swamp thing (and specifically animal man) mentions that certain beings have "a foot in both worlds" and effect/are ruled by multiple domains
mold would be both, fungi would be grey

something like this probably

they reference that moors swamp thing happened, but quite differently than written. a few important events are hinted/told that they happened though, like brightest day, and swamp thing on the moon, same with him having the hots for abby, but not them having a kid, shit like that

also >"chilling" in the green
thats one way to put it

or chilling with these badasses

wait but blue Swamp Thing is just regular Swamp Thing on a different planet

theres a better image of them all running into battle but i couldn't find it the end of soules run is pretty damn cool

No Blue is Moore's.

Snyder/Soule did a separation

oic

>Everybody trying to make it about OMG! BASED TOM KING SHOT MOORE IN THE HEAD!
>It was an homage after all

So King wants to be the new Morrison then?

Personally I feel that Detective Comics should be the more "detective" based book while Batman should be more of a swashbuckling book, but that's just me.

Clearly Tynion doesn't feel that way with Detective Comics.

Batman is going to quit. King's going to be the third Batman writer in a row to write a "death of Batman" story. It's basically tradition at this point.

Also:
>Moore
>Not Wein

I don't know how Alfred manages to put up with all this bullshit.

So does every Batman writer since Batman and Son.

>>theres a better image of them all running into battle but i couldn't find it the end of soules run is pretty damn cool

That's because everything that Swamp Thing is nowadays was created by Moore. Except the design, of course, but that's not Wein either, it's Wrightson.

swamp thing and blue moores swamp thing for all purposes would look identical, considering blue is supposed to be a "resurrected" alec in the new story. Soule decided to go with the artistic choice of using a later story look for swampy (when he fucked off to space for a bit) so they wouldnt look identical

in soules run he was again referred to as the plant that thought he was a man

Great. Another 9-panel grid.

So now King won't just try to pointlessly ape Moore due to Watchmen, but also due to his Swamp Thing run as well.

Just when you think this clown can't get any more pretentious. Making Snyder's stupid self-important grimdark run look great by comparison.

Blue Swamp Thing is an asshole

Truly breaking new ground. The opposite of complete hackery.

>Bendis tier copy-pasta
This triggers me.

the dialogue isn't repeated and it's both possible and likely that Gerads redrew the repeated panels

I'm down for this. King has been great so far

You can clearly see it's not redrawn.

I need to reread Soule's Swamp Thing. So fucking good.

Rebirth has been comparatively disappointing for Swampy. He was in Hellblazer but the writer fucked up the lore. That Superman annual was okay I guess. We'll see how this Batman issue goes.