So did anyone see his new superman video?

so did anyone see his new superman video?
youtube.com/watch?v=9enkC8_7Mrk&t=1s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Srp-pPmCjc8
youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM
archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/20110325immigrant-killed-deputy-details.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>watching new nostalgia critic
Is this some sort of sick joke?

shill detected

So what made Channel Awesome such a hilariously disastrous train wreck?

I don't watch sperglords, it's mean to make fun of the differently abled.

I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear.

literally no one on it has comedic timing yet 80% of it is sketches.

Why is he jacking an invisible dick in front of his face? I guess that's a better alternative to his fat ugly wife.

fpbp

I have yet to see any evidence that it is his wife. I hate the guy to death but really, I fucking doubt it.

you can tell he just ants to do something else other then nostalgia critic, but fanboys won't let him

WE'RE NOT DOING THE SUPERVILLAIN SHUFFLE

did you see his fucking sketch show? Thank god for those fanboys.

Underrated

Douge has been making this show for about 9 years and still as the filmmaking skills of an amateur.

Seriously, he even has a studio that he doesn't really use, most of the sketches are made with green screen or just filming in one of the rooms of the studio.

A small handfull of decent creators mostly just Brad, Todd, Lindsay, Phelous, and CR stuck with talentless sperglords and horrid management?

Is it true that Linkara and Doug had a falling out?

That's normal
Channel Awesome die the day they start to take their dumb videos seriously and thinking "People didn't come from the jokes and the review, they come for me"

You can see an AVGN Video and when he just rant and talk about the review thing, he's at his best (even if you didn't laugh or think that he sucks, you "learn" something)

Channel awesome start to make crappy sketches and think, "yes, people come for the sketch, i will use the review as an excuse).

And, you know, kicking everyone else who make the channel famous (except Doug and Likara) was like a suicide note to the falling site.

Didn't Todd leave?

Forgot about the quality of that Supes cartoon. Pretty enjoyable to look at.

Doug would tell the people on his website that there was a neutral algorithm for deciding who gets front page and such. But if you made material that was edgy or not in tune with dougs preferences you'd get no presence on the site and kicked out eventually. So he probably made a lot of enemies for being part of a group of manipulative cunts i guess.
also neither nc or linkara are stable people, it's not weird.

I really think AVGN doesn't get enough credit for keeping a good show going for about a decade while maintaining its relatively high quality.

Meanwhile, NC shat the bed and then rolled around in it, and then CA makes the new episodes from whatever lands on the script.

>lindsay
haha no.

Rifftrax: The "Jesus Christ, just fucking STOP" years

No

She actually knows shit about film. Hell of a lot more than Doug, at least. The guy who worked on Kickassia said on Sup Forums that she and Brad were the most tolerable to work with, too.

Can I see that screencap about Kickassia?

Their characters hate each other.
That's the extent of it. If they really had a falling out then Linkara wouldn't be appearing on channelaweomse anymore, he would've been kicked out like Lupa or Spoony.

I think Phelous doesn't particularly care for him though

She's way too political in a way too obnoxious way. doug is too but she's extreme. I don't find her to be too insightful. Sure she's more insightful than doug, but most people are. What if you compare her to someone that isn't a dum dum? Like Red Letter Media.

is spoony still alive?

Yep. Look at JonTron's current stuff compared to NC's. I think Jon's been doing it less too. Maybe the weekly schedule is killing Doug

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Srp-pPmCjc8

It's kind of surreal looking back at Channel Awesome thinking "wow, I used to watch this crap" years after you've grown up. All Doug does is give you a shitty rundown of the movie and gives opinions at the end that are basically retreads of what others have said. The only entertaining thing is uncovering the behind the scenes autism in their lives. Remember when we found out all the weird shit Linkara was into or how fucking insane Noah is?

Welp, nope, the last AVGN episodes range from meh to crappy, the last Xmas special and the Sonic 06 episode were worse than ad-libbed episodes.

He seems so tired now.

But the difference is, unlike Doug, James can still produce good stuff outside of the main series, unfortunately he succumb to the copyright boogeyman and does not include actual footage and music in his reviews, so he got a bit neutered, but at the very leas he doesn't use shit royalty free gay music or awful skits.

Compare the videos and "analysis" made by someone without talent like Douge and then watch this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM
Should Douge just drink bleach?

No.

It's sad, I found him to at least have some sense of charisma compared to most of the people there but everything I've seen with him is just him being more and more of a complete mess. Haven't seen him in years at all though.
o

Pretty sure he already chugs to stuff to cleanse the taste of his Jabba wife out of his mouth.

This series is going to be amazing. Can't wait for all parties mentioned to backlash because it's probably the first time they've been called out on their shit.

He's more Honest and relatable too
The best cinemassacre videos are about James, out of his character, talking about something he loves or something he discovers recently

I don't know. Even back when I was a huge TGWTG fan, I always found Spoony to be sad and angry instead of funny.

I enjoyed the Power Rangers TV series review James did before the new movie came out. He seemed genuinely interested in trying to learn about the show and gave his honest thoughts about it.

Of course, I mean consistently as in AVGN never really had a steady decline in quality.

The Christmas special was preceded by Berenstein Bears, Beavis and Butthead, Mega Man, Paperboy, Mortal Kombat Mythologies, Seaman, Darkwing Duck, and Hong Kong 97, which were all great episodes. (The Crow wasn't necessarily bad, either. It was just average.)

The '06 episode was preceded by the Power Rangers episode, which was also great.

That's like 2 bad episodes out of the most recent 10 episodes.

What if when you died you went through the Nostalgia Critic intro?

Maybe I just respond more positively to that. At least there's something real and raw about that, doug is just too fake in every thing he portrays, I really only watched him because my bf did.

kaptainkristian's videos are fucking awesome. Been subscribed since his second or third video and they've all been amazing.

>It's kind of surreal looking back at Channel Awesome thinking "wow, I used to watch this crap" years after you've grown up. All Doug does is give you a shitty rundown of the movie and gives opinions at the end that are basically retreads of what others have said.

Jesus, are you me? I feel exactly the same way. The only videos I still think are funny from this channel looking back are Spoony's; both because he's actually funnier than the rest and because it felt like they, or at least the earlier ones, had a sense of self-awareness.

Why does it use the background music from ME2?

Give me a quick rundown in this guy.

because it's nice.

>It's kinda surreal looking back on [ ] thinking "wow, I used to watch this crap" years after you've grown up.
This is basically how I felt watching asdfmovie after all these years. Like, wow, why was this ever funny?

Doug's vid wasn't supposed to be analytical tho, so why would you ever compare the two?

>The only videos I still think are funny from this channel looking back are Spoony's

Yeah. Now their literally the only content Spoony has. Noah really needs to get his shit together.

>Phelous
Considering they fired his girlfriend for wanting to put up links to her Patreon on her videos, I'd say there's some bad blood between Phelous and NC.

>Brother of Spoony
>Taught Spoony how to play PC games like Ultima while Spoony's sister threated young Spoony like a little shit make him mentally unstable
>Used to be a cop
>Killed someone
>Has to deal with Spoony's crazy ass for life before been forced to put him down like a rabid dog or Spoony kills him

Real life version of Raylan Givens. Sheriff of his town, he has killed two mexican drug leaders(one of them had a AK), brother of spoony.

I believe Spoony is going for suicide by police officer, and his brother is the one who is going to have to pull the trigger.

I meant as in: when douge make's "analysis" is basically just a retard reading the first thing he found on wiki and when kaptainkristian does it at least it sounds unique to me.

This.

>killed a drug dealer who had an AK

Holy shit he actually did

archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/20110325immigrant-killed-deputy-details.html

The guy seemed very mild-mannered in those videos. Guess you really shouldn't push a professional.

>Tfw Doug never messed with Spoony because he knew he was relative with a killing machine.

It was actually pretty good.
Because it had no fucking sketches.
Or costumes.
Or cringe political garbage.
It was how old Nostalgia Critic was.
Seriously, fuck how he is now.

They were funny and smart. Then they got a budget, and started making everything they did 90% sketches, and 10% information, and their sketches really aren't funny.

>They were funny and smart
They were never this, even when I was 15 they seemed so weak compared to other things on the internet, I never understood their popularity.

>dealers*
I should get some sleep

Damn I knew about the first one but Miles had to kill another one? That dude just cannot catch a break. Fuckers keep pulling on him.

Jon got Disney funding, that's the difference.

But really, I don't particularly like it. Jon having all this funding to have fancy sets with tons of props....just leads to half the jokes being prop/costume jokes. Which is only a small step above Family Guy cutaway jokes.

Are RLM not dum-dums?

Funny in making fun of things that were clearly wrong with the film, and smart in doing stuff like explaining how easy it is to fix such a mistake, or educating you about the producer's history and stuff. I was ignorant to most patterns, then saw his marathon on stephen king films, and realized how repetitive he can get sometimes.

I enjoy AVGN as well, but more so his non AVGN stuff.

My favorite is still, and always will be Cinema Snob. He reviews the most hilarious unknown shit, and his formula hasn't changed in all the years so far, even though he clearly has been getting paid. He clearly has fun with what he does, and it shows. When Doug does it, it feels like a sketch show, when James does it, it feels like someone is forcing him, but when Brad does it, he enjoys himself.

Not when it comes to film theory, no

They act like dum-dums but they seem to have some idea of what they're talking about, and at the very least can make an argument towards most things.
At least Jay and Mike. It helps they've become friends with lots of writers, and other people who work on movies.

I used to watch Linkara.

JonTron is a literal Nazi tho

Jon's not white. He can't be a nazi.

Let me guess, he says a few funny things but immediately ruins it by running the joke into the ground?

Lindsay is by far the most disappointing because she spent the most money and acquired the most technical knowledge just to be a semi-functioning alcoholic.

Her colleagues were directing movies or working for studios a year out of school and she still does part-time commission shit and ""journalism"" while at least one of her college classmates has won a Grand Jury Prize from Sundance and directed a $35,000,000 film (and made $175,000,000 in the box office from it.)

The fact you go to the Yale of film school and end up working on CA doesn't say good things.

Jon takes like a whole month to make a single video, usually more.

Pretty sure phelous left. I remember seeing it on his tumblr.

Darkwing Duck wasnt good, tolerable maybe, Beavis and Butthead aswell, the rest are good.

But have you noticed that the episodes feel a bit lifeless without the background video game music he would use in ALL the episodes, watch ANY episode before episode 101 and compare it to the recent ones, and you will know what i am talking about.

Linkara's doing good post CA-NASTYCOCKSLUT thing, he just made a Secret Wars video that was decent if you can put up with his voice, his COIE video was also good, he's the living embodiment of autism and gets pegged by Harambe's sister but he's not pure cancer, i cant say the same thing about Doug though.

Its very racist to call someone that is not white a nazi. Check your privilege please.

Surprisingly no, no running jokes into the ground. Its just a string of one off jokes.

JonTron isn't a nazi. He's just stupid.

Jon is a pretty bad example just because of how long he takes to make videos. The guy is a perfectionist and refuses to do anything that doesn't have massive amounts of time and effort put into it. The thing about the NC is that while he's been a huge part of the whole amateur reviewer craze thats going on right now, literally everyone who has come after him has surpassed him. There are kids making their first video today with cheap gear that they bought for 50 bucks off amazon that have a better grasp of the technical skills required to make entertaining content. He's a fossil in his own time.

He has to eat Chipotle a lot

Not usually a fan of his stuff, especially his recent cringe-fest sketch infested shows, but that Watchmen joke was 10/10

I saw Doug Walker at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

That's the Milo green text isn't it.

Ugh.

I think it started with Keanu Reeves but it's older than dirt at this point.

I think it says a lot when Jontron gets heat for the one stupid thing he said, while CA doesn't get any heat but evryone doesn't expect ANYTHING good from them at all.

Probably because Doug didn't say that blacks infected the gene pool, or express his wishes for Le Pen to win the French election.

>I think it says a lot when Jontron gets heat for the one stupid thing he said
He said a lot of things and worded them very poorly.

I think it was some obscure musician who was popular on Sup Forums or something.

>Probably because Doug didn't say that blacks infected the gene pool

Neither did Jontron?

The hell's wrong with supporting Le Pen? A third of France did.

Yes, he did. He casually mentioned how minorities were corrupting the gene pool in that interview with Destiny.

Pretty sure you're intentionally misinterpreting what he said in the _debate_ he had with Destiny.

Destiny tricked him into saying that, it was literal entrapment.

Speaking of Destiny, at least he didn't get away with his crap scott free. Other people gave him a taste of his own medicine.