Lesser Known MCU Inclusions/Easter Eggs/Implications

Can we talk about the crazy stuff hidden in just the little corners of the MCU that could add really cool backstory or depth to the universe?

For example: Odin's Vault and its treasures.

>Eternal Flame
>Tuning Fork
>Warlock's Eye
>Tablet of Life and Time
The Tablet of Life and Time alone confirms that "The Gods of the Gods" exist in the MCU. I'll admit that I'm pretty unversed in the Thor comics, but that's pretty cool, and adds more interesting mythos to the MCU.

Or take the TV shows. AoS has confirmed that Man-Thing exists in the MCU, and his love interest Ellen Brandt appears in IM3 with a burn scar. That's a cool story there.

I don't know. The MCU has a lot of stuff, and even just little easter eggs technically add to the tapestry of the setting. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers_Prelude:_Fury's_Big_Week
marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/WHiH_Newsfront_(web_series)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one? Darn.

This thread is way to cool for current Sup Forums my ninja

A for effort

Damn. Well, maybe we can give it a shot and see. Any ideas coming to mind?

Look at this, Volstagg's got a family! A wonder what kind of dad he is. One of them looks like Gunnhild.

The fact that we get a space shot of Ego's planet that reveals its surface actually has a face.

A planet. With a face.

That's the kind of universe we got here. I don't think people appreciate that enough.

Exactly. The MCU absolutely has its faults, but for the most part it's damn cool, and it's fun to play with the ideas inside it.

Jessica Jones namedrops Angela del Toro AKA White Tiger. Is White Tiger actually running around somewhere in the MCU right now? Is Angela not WT yet?

Karla Faye Gideon, the infamous "girl with knives on her hands" was defended by Matt Murdock in the comics. Did MCU Matt ever meet Karla?

Is it just me, or do all the big guys seem to have families in fiction?

Well, we know the Living Tribunal exists cause Dr. Strange, but I get the feeling like we'll never see these big things in the MCU. They keep going for Thanos as the big one and will just use some unheard of villain for the upcoming films. Like say some henchmen name Steve who shoots at Ant-Man will become the sole focus of a film.

But if we're talking about things in the MCU that is dangling and hasn't been addressed yet, I'd say the Leader and that guy who stole the Pym Particles in Ant-Man.

The gang that Daredevil fights is the same gang Lorelei recruits in AoS

They're fun and cuddly. Perfect for the ladies and the lil'uns

Wish we got more appearances from Sif and the Warriors Three. The Sif episodes are still some of my favorite SHIELD episodes.

I don't think you're thinking far enough.

You know when everything was shaking apart and Gamora/Nebula are on that pillar rising upwards to the crack? That's all happening to create the face on the planet.

>and that guy who stole the Pym Particles in Ant-Man.

Wasn't he Hydra? Will we see Pym Particles pop up in Agents of SHIELD? I loved how the bad guys incorporated movie tech into the show in the first season, but that seems to have been dropped.

Josh Dallas is done with Once Upon a Time. He'll probably be willing to come back for an episode or two as Fandral. And if Jamie Alexander has some time away from Blindspot, two out of four ain't bad.

Loved that detail. I didn't catch it at first.

Seems like the Leader has been given up on. I think Black Widow shoots him in a MCU comic. But those are barely canon, so who knows? If that Thunderbolts movie ever happens...

As for the Pym Particles in HYDRA's clutches, I figured they were a sequel hook for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

I'd love that. Volstagg has had some fun emotional moments, Hogun and the Vanir had a little spotlight, and Sif had two movies and two SHIELD episodes. Fandral needs some love

They wouldn't put a character in Ant-Man and have him be dealt with in Agents of SHIELD.

>Seems like the Leader has been given up on. I think Black Widow shoots him in a MCU comic. But those are barely canon, so who knows?
Comics aren't cannon after GOTG2.

In the GOTG prelude comic, Nebula chops off her own arm, while in the film, she says Thanos takes it.

Just checked and Zachary Levi is Fandral for Ragnarok.

Would it be possible for them to share the role? Dallas for TV appearances and Levi for the movie, you think? Or Levi could do both, I don't particularly care but shared portrayal of a character in a cross medium fashion would be an interesting precedent to set.

Yeah, seems like pretty much every tie-in comic gets retconned a movie or two later. Fine with me.

I think that'd be a bit too confusing really. Both for the general audience and just for reasonable viewership. Recasting is one thing, but ping-ponging between actors feels a bit much

Malick was on the World Security Council in Avengers. So it's not like it would be the first time. Besides, the particles don't all have to go to the same place, nor does it mean that Hydra can't try to replicate them and have the flawed particles appear on the show to hype up Ant-Man and Wasp.

It'll probably be in Ant-Man and Wasp

Also, the Russos are really good at bringing back loose ends, so hopefully they stay on post Avengers 4.

>Malick was on the World Security Council in Avengers
I was so hype when I realized it was him. I didn't notice it at first because I was so closed off to the idea of a movie villain becoming a TV villain, but it was great.

>Russos are really good at bringing back loose ends, so hopefully they stay on post Avengers 4.
Agreed. We'll definitely be seeing more of Everett Ross and hopefully other minor characters.

>Seems like the Leader has been given up on. I think Black Widow shoots him in a MCU comic. But those are barely canon, so who knows? If that Thunderbolts movie ever happens...
She didn't. Last time I remember seeing him was in Fury's merry week, when he was in some tank, couple of rooms away from the room with original Whiplash harness.

Seems like it's both? He's in SHIELD custody but Widow also shot him. Not dead though.

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers_Prelude:_Fury's_Big_Week

The fact that the base inclusion of some of the most fundamental physical features of a character is eliciting such awe in you is downright saddening. This shit should be expected, not lauded.

>AoS has confirmed that Man-Thing exists in the MCU
What? I don't remember this at all.

Season 1, Episode 20. Maria Hill talks about having to brief Congress on lots of different super individuals running around the world after SHIELD's files go public thanks to the Winter Soldier incident. She's exasperated and goes "And who or what is a Man-Thing?!"

Garrett also confirms the existence of Griffen in the MCU, who is supposedly the father of the Secret Warrior Yo-Yo, although that's only in the comics.

Think we'll see Lylla in Guardians Vol 3? Wonder who would play her

Huh, i thought Man-Thing was owned by Liongate. Good memory.

Thanks user. Although I am cheating a bit with the MCU wiki. That's what got me started on this thread really. It's a very thorough wiki, so there's tons of little articles about anything in the MCU. Lets you see the little Easter eggs that could have big consequences

I think they gave the rights back after the movie they made flopped.

Franklin Hall. Sad to see that it didn't go anywhere even though he got a cliffhanger in AOS.

Are there any Easter eggs about Blue Marvel or Sentry?

Agreed that Hall was wasted. Hopefully he comes back in some way after they need some new ideas. Graviton would be awesome.

As for Blue Marvel and Sentry? I don't think so

Hold up, man thing exists in the mcu?!?!? Thats one of the most exciting things ive heard all day!

Well, it's literally just that namedrop, but Ellen Brandt being in Iron Man 3 is cool too. She's got the scar, so it seems like she and Man-Thing have had their falling out.

Plus AoS season 4 gave us TWO Ghost Riders, so anything is possible

I'm still hoping Johnny Blaze gets a Netflix show. Have Robbie come and costar for awhile.

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/WHiH_Newsfront_(web_series)

Check out the news tickers on these. Pretty cool info. My personal favorites:

>Tony Stark says that public concerns about Dr. Bruce Banner are "baseless" and "irresponsible" after the South Africa incident involving the Hulk.

>Efforts to recover the remaining Ultron technology continue, as components from the advanced robot are capturing large sums on the black market.

>Miami marathon sees new world record set; runner cites Captain America as inspiration.

>Production begins on the new TV movie "Man or Mandarin: the Trevor Slattery Story".

>Local New York business owner commissions famously incognito street artist to create Avengers mural on the wall of his booming Shawarma restaurant.

Hell yes. We really need more TV crossovers. Defenders is gonna be my shit

Has anyone had any theories on Gunna hidden Easter egg that no one has found? Or is it just bullshit at this point?

>Unseen documents belonging to Dr. Abraham Erskine discovered in New Jersey.
MVP? Patriot?
>two mentions of the lottery
I feel like this has to be something.

I liked how his face would form in various rock faces while he was disembodied

that shit was straight out of the silver surfer cartoon

The hospital Dr. Strange works at, Metro General, first debuted in Daredevil.

It's thefirst instance of the movies explicitly taking from the shows.

I actually haven't seen Dr. Strange yet but this makes me happy

is that the same hospital that gets attacked by ninjas?

I know daredevil and strange both have a night nurse

Multiple mentions of a California drought too. Is that something?

Yea, they got him back. I hope they put him in dr.strange 2. That would be the perfect place for him.

I wouldn't put that much faith on Marvel's props being meaningful

>Staff of the living tribunal
dr strange

Original Human Torch in The First Avengers always gets me.

Especially, the implication that he's still buried somewhere and considered to be a failed experiment.

He's going to be the new Director of SHIELD next season. Mac is going to shit bricks.

Volstagg is a pretty awesome dad in the comics. Also one of the only Asgardians to not instinctively shit on Kid Loki by principle because of his fatherly dispositions.

I'm still pissed Doomsday didn't have spikes. Without them he looks like a turtle and the crime is that he was cgi so it's not like it's was a costume issue

i literally giggled like a schoolgirl in the theater when he said that

Maybe Widow shot him TO bring him under SHIELD custody. Not all shots need to be fatal. Especially not when gamma powers are involved.

Wand of Watoomb is what I noticed right off that bat

I'm still pissed that they shoehorned Doomsday/Death of Superman at all in a movie that was already having a hard enough time trying to adapt Dark Knight Returns.
For fuck's sake, both of these stories should have been the end of a Superman and Batman trilogy respectively, not the beginning of your shared universe.

They really mailed it in by introducing the main cast via snapchat videos. They could have inserted them in flashbacks of the invasion or during the current events as helping people in the background or some shit while dressed as normal people and let the audience figure out who is who. Not even like full blown powers but shrouded shit

>explicitly

pls dont think for a second Dickerson did that on purpose. top lel, a fucking hospital name. some ppl sure are desperate

>Stark Industries announces new scholarships for promising students from urban city schools.
Spider-Man
>Lt. Gen. Thaddeus Ross announces retirement from the army.
Civil War
>Competing second TV movie announced following the alleged Mandarin actor: "10 Rings To Rule Them All: the Trevor Slattery story".
kek