bastard out of carolina

>no homo

really im looking for more recent movies

White trash always keep their hair into old age. It’s impressive really

orly?

c'mon. help me out

Shotgun Stories is good. Mud is too.

majestic plumage

kek I thought you photoshopped Robin Williams' eyes to be really small and had to google it.

Birth Of A Nation

Looka like Robin Williams survived his suicide, but suffered brain damage from loss of oxygen to brain.

I'M A DAPPER DAN MAN GOD-DAMNIT!

Star Wars sequels really need better alien designs.

Gummo

top lads

should've made the movie half an hour longer.... its pacing was too quick

> A beautiful film about how human quality in the United States gets progressively worse as you travel from California towards the Atlantic ocean

Mississippi Burning maybe??? Maybe it hasn't aged well... years since I saw it.

Forrest Gump is sorta about the south.

*dueling banjos intensifies*

this is a cool movie

>I'd like to have all the money I thought I'd make from this movie. I wouldn't be working at Walmart right now. And I'm struggling really hard to make ends meet.[2]

mud is top tier southern kino

Why did the hicks just shoot them dead like deer? And the two are literal drug smugglers, yet the film wants us to sympathize with them. It's propaganda.

both good recs

The Beverly Hillbillies

What exactly causes the 58% eyes?

O Brother Where Art Thou

Gone with the Wind

Southern Comfort

Black Snake Moan

Deliverance

Hollywood doesn't have much good to say about the South.

Hell or high water
No country for old men
Killer joe

This. Especially killer joe

Killer Joe

>multibillionare
>white trash

lel. I watched this at the cinema when it came out

they were going to the Gulf of Mexico

Eastbound and down
I'M OLD SOUTH

it shows a story from the perspective of two people who are part of the counter culture of the time, and through them we can see another side of le "american dream". It doesn't make what they do seem good or bad its up to you too decide, propaganda would be them smuggling drugs to pay for one of there mothers cancer operation or some shit.

The fact that you personally sympathized with characters who you'd typically hate in real life (counter culture drug smugglers) is a testament to how good the film is, not everyone can fit into a black and white stereotypes. Now what I think would be really good would be a movie shown from the perspective of the two hicks leading upto when they shoot the two bikers, then we'd get a perspective from the other side of the coin (old school conservative blue collar America in the 60's-70's)

Vice Principals

>films
I know but still.

welcome to america. Southern oil entrepreneurs are trashy as fuck... property moguls dabbling in new york, atlantic city and las vegas aren't much better

you are a ruminant. fuck you

Cool Hand Luke
Shotgun Stories
Thunder Road
Night of the Hunter
The Client
Bull Durham
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Foot-Fist Way
The Coal Miner's Daughter
Fried Green Tomatoes
Tremors
Gone with the Wind (most successful movie all time, made more than Avatar)
The Paperboy
U-Turn
Hud
The Big Easy

If we're doing TV.

best post ITT

Isn't this film a meme?

Clooney and Jewish directors are opposite the real South. That's fake South, a Yankee depiction. GTFO

Cape Fear, both versions, real man shit

song of the south. disney's alt-right friendly picture

>Gulf of Mexico
that's a sea on the Atlantic Ocean

Well Clooney is from the south. And the Coens are massive fans of rural America and really do work in trying to represent it properly. It's also not preachy or patronising.

it was fairly sympathetic and a nice reinterpretation of the odyssey. Don't be a schmuck

Great movie, very believable

Coen Brothers romanticizations of rural America like Fargo and Raising Arizona are embellished only in a colorful way. Nothing to bitch about there.

>the hail cesar! section when it turns out that holywood screenwriters are a cabal of secret marxists trying to subvert america with marxist ideology

made me lol at muh cultural marxism conspiracy theories.

well done boys. it wasn't your best movie but that made me laff

The Coens basically don't give a fuck. It's amazing they get away with what they do.

t. Yankee
Show me a white Southerner making "colorful comedies" about Israeli life. Yeah, didn't think so, because Israelis wouldn't allow it. But guess Coens are "intellectuals" so they get a pass. Btw, I like them in general, Blood Simple is great, but they don't "get" the South, they understand it as a graphic novel, not a real tangible thing. Now, There Will Be Blood hit closer to home for true peoples of the region.

I know OP said film, but if wants some true Southern Kino, binge Justified

Funny how Sup Forums talks shit about Sup Forums when we call out the Hollywood kikes, but then Coen Brothers confirm it, and it's muh sides. Kys goy.

I grew up in the deep south and lived in rural arizona for much of my adult life
>they don't "get" the South, they understand it as a graphic novel, not a real tangible thing
That's whats fun about it though

You do understand that they're making a joke, right?

Hate to tell you
>rural Arizona
ain't the South. That's like stolen valor, butchy. Everybody wants Southern cred now though.

Robin Williams is alive?

Absolutely patrician

It's by far the best cancelled show. Shame nobody watched it.

No I know, I'm saying I was born and raised in Tennessee and moved to Arizona. I only mention that because I've got two locations close to my heart that the Coen Brothers have set stories in.

South of where?

Canada

he's got hair, what's your point

the texas chainsaw massacre

Soon after watching Deliverance, famed record producer Phil Specter demanded to his assistants to bring that kid to play banjo at this birthday party.

The assistant asked around and found out that the kid just mimed playing banjo to the pre-recorded track and was not actually able to play.

Convinced the assistants were lying to him, Specter threatened them with a gun, and they got him a banjo musician with prosthetic make-up to make him look like the kid from Deliverance for his birthday party.

its satire at your expense....you get that, right?

1922. not bad for netflix

Tuck and dale Vs pure evil

I can't recommend enough

This guy works at my local walmart. Not even meming.

I second this
Phenomenal comedy

7/10 comedykino

The Ladykillers

The Foot Fist Way

I got a kick out of the fact that it showed them to be exactly what the typical American Marxist is, a snobbish elitist who feels that the world will be better once they are in charge

Logan Lucky

I still miss him, bros.

You should watch the show Quarry. It's just one season, but it's great.

>thinks money has ANYTHING to do with being trash or not
Just one heir of a family line with pedigree outclasses the entirety of America's nouveau riche.

m8 bad news this is all marxists

second this one

ditto