Am I the only one who cringes when I hear people talk about comic book movies...

Am I the only one who cringes when I hear people talk about comic book movies? I mean I know for a fact that they never read the source material it was based on but "totally LOVE Guardians of the Galaxy" or whatever shit normalfags pretend to like.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCphbDRkZSo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-Ron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not try to get them into the comics to help stave off the death of a medium?

youtube.com/watch?v=oCphbDRkZSo

Yeah, why not try to make friends and convince them to try out your favorite comics instead of reeing at normies?

Just because someone loves the GotG movie without having read the comics does not mean that they are pretending to like it. You don't have to be a fan of every iteration of a thing to like some aspect of it you autist

You must really hate this board then.

So do I.

Pfft, fucking NORMIES. I'll bet they don't even FUCKING know that Groot in his first iteration, pfft, was a FUCKING bad guy. Like, come the FUCK on, NORMIES. They are so clearly pretending to like it, that is such FUCKING FAGGOT SHIT.

So I assume you're an expert at everything you talk about? I don't see why autists get triggered so easily.

Dude I know you've never read the original Guardians of the Galaxy. You ain't shit. You're exactly the same as them.

>I don't see why autists get triggered so easily.
Autism.

>Am I the only one who cringes
This is the opening line of a faggot of immense proportions.

>Pretend to like
Your life is probably suffering

>I like this movie
>wow what a liar, you never read that comic
OP you're an autistic piece of shit.

I gotta admit I do find myself miffed when they start going on about accuracy to the source when it doesn't matter and they've never read it. But they have every right to enjoy an adaptation (or not) without being familiar with the source.

I'm sure you haven't read every book before allowing yourself to say you enjoyed their adaptation.

>or whatever shit normalfags pretend to like
nobody is "pretending" to like something autismo, people are allowed to casually enjoy things without wanting to go balls deep into it like a hobby, cringe worthy behavior is when the try to sound smarter than they are (like those pretentious tumblr faggots) or people like you who ride the high horse because you filled your head with useless trivia

Not OP, but it sure as shit feels like people are pretending to like movie's nowadays.
Everyone I work with does the whole "Oh, I loved that movie! It was amazing!" for all of the "in" movies. Which, whatever, like what you like.
But they'll get weird if you say anything against it.
Personally I thought the new guardians was fine. The start was a fucking train wreck though. But if I try to talk about things I disliked I get the classic "Lol, user stop being so weird and looking into everything!!!"
I don't care if people read comics, but why the fuck are you going to spend time watching a movie if you're not even going to form a real fucking opinion on it?

>But they'll get weird if you say anything against it.
That says more about you than them.

Literally how?
I am honestly confused as to what you're implying here.

>Literally how?
>everyone is enjoying themselves talking about new movies
>you come up
>they stop wanting to talk about it and "get weird"
They're clearly unwilling to involve you in their conversation.

You do realize that saying "YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN, YOU'LL NEVER LOVE IT AS MUCH AS ME! rEEEEEEEEEEE!" Is what's killing off comics so much as is right?

People get into the media through basic shit and go down the rabbit hole over time. Even you started somewhere, remember that.

Because if you welcome them into the hobby then they will eventually read that source material, or even just by movies or watching a TV show keep it popular enough to convince publishers to keep the comics you love so much alive.

So sick of this shit, I see it in every damn hobby and it contributes to the death of things I love more than just about anything else.

>Am I the only one who cringes at normalfags
No, other 30-year old fat pathetic neckbeards cringe when people enjoy a movie because it's an entertaining movie, so don't feel too alone. You should feel pathetic and ashamed, though. Just because you can't get into a relationship with someone so have to devote that time to being in a relationship with a comic to find some form of satisfaction in your life doesn't mean you should look down at people who have normal, functioning social lives.

user, I'm gonna play you're dumbass card against you here.
Have you never been out with a group of coworkers/friends that asked your opinion on a movie?
I guess I took some liberties in assuming your social life, so I'll go into more detail.
While out for drinks with some coworkers, who texted me to come out on a saturday, they were talking about the movie. One of them claimed it was the "Best of the year."
They asked what I thought, and I told them. Didn't go into a huge rant, just said I felt like the beginning was awkward and the jokes got in the way sometimes. One of the four agreed with me, but she's really into movies, so it wasn't a surprise. The other 3 started doing the classic "You're just a harsh critic! You look too much into every little thing!"

So, no, I'm not going up to randos giving out unsolicited opinions on movies. But, I have noticed a lot of people will have a huge love of a movie, but be entirely unable, or unwilling, to give you any reason why. I'm not "cringing" because of people liking movies. Or liking movies without reading the comics. I'm just starting to get annoyed with the trend of people getting offended when you say "Oh, why did you like it so much?"
Pacific Rim is, unironically, my favorite movie. I know it's not a cinematic masterpiece, and I know there's a lot of problems. But, I could give you a laundry list of reasons I have a fucking blast watching it.

So, to reiterate for you. I don't think it's cringey to like bad or popular movies. I think it's obnoxious when people like bad movies BECAUSE they're popular.

That is a tremendous amount of projection just to try to convince someone that the problem isn't you, personally.

>Have friend who reads the wiki for whatever capeshit he's about to see
>calls me a fucking puritan for preferring stuff to be slightly more faithful

Goddamit you fucker read some goddamn comics

No.
Do you enjoy any movies, like Die Hard, based on novels you haven't read? I 100% know you have, without even knowng it.
You are the faggot.

Weird, I read comics when I want comics.
Are you from Europe?

>talking to friend one day
>talking about how much he loves comic book movies and how great Guardians looks
>I don't mind cause I'm not a petty loser
>One day comes up to me
>"Let me test your comic book knowledge"
>OK
>"Is L. Ron Hubbard a MArvel or DC character?"
>what
>"Wow, you've never heard of him? He's a robot in DC Comics. I thought you read those?"
>pic related

I read Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Is this something I'm actually supposed to know? Or is my friend being cunty as usual? He doesn't read comic books btw

Also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-Ron
He didn't even get the name right

Movie and comic GotG are two separate entities. They aren't wrong when they say they love them and they aren't pretending. You're not superior because you discovered something in its original medium before most people did. Try not being a contrarian little fuck, you might enjoy things beyond consuming pop culture by yourself

Did you know Rocket Raccoon was based on a Beatles song Rocky Raccoon?

He's being a cunt but it's not too hard to point out that even people who read comics don't all have autistic encyclopedic knowledge of everything comics.

>Hearing people socialize makes me cringe.

I don't read capeshit any more myself. Marvel comics are too pozzed up. The movies have been excellent although it looks like Marvel is finally trying to feed the movies some poz loads with the new Spider-man, Captain Marvel, etc. DC movies are not pozzed but it doesn't matter because they are complete shit as films.

I don't really care honestly
Some of your favorite movies are based on books you haven't read

Nigger, if you are going to call yourself a fan of something you should be able to take a little bit out of your day to find shit out about it.

>Casuals
Read the op. There is a difference between liking something and pretending you are a fan of something you know nothing about.
>I like X movie
Is different than going
>I TOTALLY LOVE X BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND HAVE MADE NO ATTEMPT TO

>The movies have been excellent
They have been mediocre and made by the books.

But they can love X even if they've only seen a couple of things user.

You don't get to arbitrarily set some value a person must meet before they can say they love something.

>I am a girl gamer and I fucking love videogames even though I only played COD and Zelda
If you "LOVE" something and aren't willing to know shit about it than that is cringe as fuck.

You have issues dude. Also it sounds like you're the type to read entire wikis to brag about your intricate knowledge of shit rather than a comic reader.

I really hate the term "comic book movies." Especially since everyone actually means "superhero movies." A History of Violence and Road to Perdition are both based on comic books but nobody would call them comic book movies. Calling superhero movies comic book movies only helps to further ingrain the false idea that comic books and superheroes are synonymous and that the whole medium of comics comprises of one genre in its entirety.

Cool your autism down bro, people don't mean everything they say so completely literally.

They're not lying or pretending, they're just using the word "love" less seriously than you want them to. You're getting upset over semantics.

>I love the character as portrayed in the movie I saw since the comics and movies have different lives, I can completely state I love one without having touched the other and it's still an accurate statement!
Here for your autism to try and comprehend. Otherwise I can make the same faggot statement that you don't truly love Spiderman because you haven't watched every cartoon of him imaginable. Even the shit one.

>Every
No dumb nigger, if you love something you should at least be familiar with their original ongoing work.

No, but I cringe when people post Jontron reaction images.

Why? For what fucking purpose? Is there a law? Is there some accreditation test someone needs to pass in order to state, "I love ___!"? Should I also look up the history of Hostess cupcakes before I start saying they're my favorite snack? Or should I check out segments of it on "How It's Made"?

I guess people shouldn't claim they like "The Thing" either if they've never seen "The Thing From Outer Space" and I guess you can't say you like either of those until you read the original "Who Goes There?".

The whole fucking point of these movies is to try and introduce people to these characters so they will like at least one iteration of them enough to buy merchandise and support the studio. You're just being an autistic faggot that can't handle someone liked a movie that changed the source material around, which is even LESS reason for someone to look at the original work considering how vastly fucking different they would be to the point of not even interesting the person who liked the movie because of the same qualities.

And you know, actors have a big impact on it. People can love Starlord simply because they love how Chris Pratt portrays the character. You can't imply, "NO YOU DON'T, NIGGER!" as if none of these are factors that matter.

Fucking gatekeeping is what's killing comics.

No, but I do cringe whenever autists look down on normal people for not reading as many childrens' picture books as them.

OMG, why'd you post a picture of that literal racist Nazi bigot Jontron? Ugh, I can't even right now.

>Jontron pic
>cringe
Reddit please go.

Honestly, I just treat animation/live action films and literature/comic books as different media forms. As in, I see them as two different stories being told. Even if people try to tell me its live action of a comic book story, or animation of a manga story, I don't believe them, and just take the film for what it is, separate from the source material. And in a way, isn't that better? All the known twists change so you don't know what is going to happen. Is there appeal in seeing something in live action that you have already read and know everything on whats going to happen? All I can think of is the action scenes, but if you just want, for example, to see Superman punch bad guys, you were going to see that anyways right?

>hey I like this steak i better learn how to raise cattle

Rip I replied to the wrong person :(

wow it's a good thing you're only pretending to be retarded

why did everyone get so bent out of shape about him?

One sec everyone loves the guy and next thing I know he's getting called a nazi

He got tricked into having a debate with some person named Destiny. He thought it was a normal debate, which is where two people try to find common ground, but anyone Destiny invites on, he sees as a target to be destroyed, with his goal to try to make the other person look as bad as possible. You know that child that asks why to everything you say? Well imagine trying to have a debate with them, and you have Destiny. After, Jon sent out a video of him basically saying he was unprepared, isn't used to debates, and a idiot that did nothing but trip on his own words, but I don't think many people saw the video. Really, Destiny is a con artist who believes that anyone who disagrees with him does so with a racist or sexist motive behind so, and he asks why until you admit it.

Fuck you let me enjoy things you negative sperm wipe

Its more like
>I'm a big steak fan and lover, but I only eat steaks made from meat I buy at Wal-Mart.

Which makes OP look more douche-y than he looks down at anyone who says they love steak but has never tried a gourmet steak.

No, I'm with you OP.
I remember being at work and hearing these faggots talk about the best X-Men, all of which included Batman, Captain America, and Venom
It's fucking cringeworthy and fuck all the casuals ITT who say it isn't just because they too are casual shitstains. That being said, there is no need to get really worked up about it because yeah, comics will always be a niche thing, the only normies who embrace it now are so called "alternative" and "hipster" types, who are normies desperately trying not to be such in order to make their boring lives more interesting, but they too will eventually give up and retire to the hot wings worshipping football loving, weather talking community
And also, don't listen to the idiots telling you to try and talk to them about comics, hiding your power level exists for a reason, none of these people actually care and the moment you reveal that you actually do care about comic books you will be shunned as a complete nerd freak, just let them be the faggots they are

>Am I the only one who cringes when I hear people talk about comic book movies?

Yes. Why would you actually cringe? You probably look like a spastic cunt whenever you do it

GOTG movie fans are better off not reading the current comics. I envy movie fans. They get to be ignorant and just assume Marvel comics must be awesome like the movies instead of the absolute garbage that they are

GOTG is not good though, unless you're a normie

Go back to Sup Forums or tumblr, gamer girl

>G..go back

What are you going to do about it, Cringe?

Tell you to go back, and call you a fake nerd

I cringe because cartoons are obviously superior.

Are fake nerds fake fat and fake disgusting? Is there a textbook on how a normal person can fake being a 300 pound soit-screaming quivering manbaby?
No, they aren't and no there isn't.
Our fortress is unassailable!

Literally what?

That's why i tell them about the comics and characters instead of being a chode.

Honestly the only thing normies do that bugs me is only giving a shit about something DC because Batman's in it.Granted,i enjoy Batman but its a wee bit annoying,even then, i don't really give a shit.

Sup Forums

There was a time this board was proudly as elitist as any other anonymous imageboard and kept the cancer out

Tumblr has proven stronger than Sup Forums, I miss our little board

Well, it's quite obvious that the user being buttblasted at being called a fake nerd IS a fake nerd. Not to say a Disney intern.