This was pretty damn entertaining

This was pretty damn entertaining.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/pvkkva.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The whole season has been. Ep 3 is fantastic.

>just turn off your brain bro

whats wrong with your face

So many niggers but the white actors had the best performances yet again.

Go be an insecure fag somewhere else, you white nigger

how long were they in the water? she had to get from work to his apartment, figure out which apartment was his, find a way to climb up. they must have been in there for hours wtf

Yeah it was flawed a bit, but still fucking good.

Really, that was what was irritating you? Not the fact that he could just create complete copies of pleople with all their memories just from their spit?

yes, because that is explained how they do it

>a bit
It's full of jarring fucking holes, the last third just went full retard. The sloppiest writing of all BM episodes, by far.

His hair wasn't even wet, glad to see someone else was smart enough to notice the massive plotwholes in that episode.

And the moral of the story?

If you want something to be offline, you better fucking physically remove the wifi NIC and have ethernet unplugged, or else life will find a way

lol this has to be a troll

it's not even a black mirror episode, it's just telling you how to think, and acting all morally superior, typical smug leftist virtue signalling

>call it virtue signalling waever yew wont
for crying in a bucket, just give us a show about a psycho programmer, don't shove your pussy into everything

I unironically love how they destroyed the 'nerds are nice' meme and showed those shut ins for the perverts they are

>And the moral of the story?
Nerds are shits and mental degenerates.

I wanted to like it, the set was great. the scifi felt lazy.
>copies of dna retains all memories

>player gets stuck in game if it updates wrong

>firewall destroys whole of fat damons universe except half a dozen pieces of code

the whole season was lame honestly, only ONE good episode out of 6 and that is Hang the DJ

Name a decent Sup Forums show out there presently with what you consider 'intelligent' writing.

So how come one second the captain has like complete control over any aspect of the game, and then the next he is listerally having to fly a beat up shuttle to try and stop them? Could he not just instantly teleport himself inside their ship? Or instantly turn their ship off or maim all of them? Doesn't really make sense for his "power" to be gimped by distance.

I mean I get what they were doing by taking his power away so that the chase would feel like something actually out of star trek, but they should have had the girl in real life do something that would have made the captain not have admin powers anymore or something at the end instead of just throwing all of the rules/logic out the window

And did they even know he was going to be trapped in the game? I thought they were just going to die so he'd just have to go get new DNA from them.

Mad Men

reminder that the MC antagonist in that episode literally didn't do anything wrong IRL. he was even a nice guy

>pays for pizza to help the delivery guy out, even though he didn't order pizza
>doesn't pressure development team just tells them to do it right and take their time (wants to deliver a quality product, not grab a quick buck)
>doesn't sexually harass anyone IRL

and yet SJWs want to damn him for all eternity to Hell because he's a white male who plays a video game

>moral good is now a leftist position

> MFW I looked it up and that character isn't being played by Matt Damon

I sympathized with this.

I was actually glad they didn't go full White Christmas nightmare hell for once. I was expecting the worst when I saw this was taking place on Christmas.
There was potential for eternal hell in this, too.

Im seeing a lot of people saying they were not sentient and just code, so Daly was justified in doing whatever with them. What do you guys think?

>a game where you can literally die if something goes wrong is not banned

It's like most people in Black mirror are fucking stupid, how are they even advanced in technology? You'd think that a piece of hardware/software that it's EXTREMELY immersive would have some sort of feature that would allow you to exit the game in case of emergency or shut the pc off or something but no, apparently they never thought that something dangerous could happen

>dude just turn your brain off it’s sci-fi lol

Yeah you can go fuck yourself, you dip

coulda been better

you can really see the netflix taint on this series

I think they're full of shit when they say in the episode they've tried breaking out of the game a thousand times before and he even finds out they sent an SOS to that new girl. Obviously he's a piece of shit for not just letting them go in the first place.

Was he wearing a wig for those scenes? Could be why his hair didnt get wet easily.

He literally did NOTHING wrong

Computers are so whacky bro just turn your brain off!

Are you retarded or something?

wait, is this show supposed to seem intelligent? I thought it was just another drama show. They never really followed the premise of showing how technology can harm society, they just made up plausible scenarios were it could hurt one person.

I feel like him being stuck in the game makes no sense and was completely put their because for some reason Black Mirror needs to force these edgy endings onto episodes.

> His modded game gets completely deleted apart from that tiny part where he's in the ship and is stuck for some reason instead of just disconnecting
Seriously Brooker?

The people behind this show are liberal "idea" types who don't understand how their facebook machines function at all.

Did you watch the White Christmas episode? You could argue the same thing there.

blue screen of death is a real killer in the future

the game detected daly's copy as rogue code (hacking)
he wasn't even supposed to be there by the time of the update

First half was GOAT, last 15 minutes were awful.

Do we really need the big tense chase scene when we already know what is going to happen? This shit was basically mocking modern star trek and other sci fi yet resorted to the most tired narrative tropes to conclude it. Why didn’t they just have the black bull have sex with the women now that they had genitals again? I think it was implied with the shot of him (and only him) looking into his pants, but they don’t show it? Super letdown.

Bro what if like were all just code on gods iphone! Elon Musk said it might be true!

>code isn't sentient because it was created by man instead of god

or why didn't he stop the game ? Thay said if he's not here the ship can't fly.

>how come one second the captain has like complete control over any aspect of the game, and then the next he is listerally having to fly a beat up shuttle to try and stop them
This. I want to see Meth Damon flying round at hyperspeed with Garrys Mod physics
>I thought they were just going to die so he'd just have to go get new DNA from them
This is why I don't understand the need for them to have the IRL girl remove the DNA items from his fridge. How hard can it be for him to just go round the office and collect another round of coffee cups?

they made it sound like it ended on a happy note, but it kinda didn't. they're trapped in that game with their real lives depending on it while normal players are probably just wanting to fuck around and kill each other largely. it's even more dangerous than real star trek/star wars since nobody really cares about their own life since itsjust a game, they probably wont even make it a week

Perhaps the DNA was just for the physical model. Maybe they have infinity accounts and he used it to scan their brains.

It was a prototype and wasn't fully developed yet, just a project that guy was doing in his spare time.

You can't really conclude if they were sentient or not because the movie toys with the notion that consciousness can be cloned and one could say that consciousness is what makes you sentient. So yea, judging by the little we know about consciousness, you could say those people were just code. But you could also say someone found a way to clone consciousness.

>makes no sense and was completely put their because for some reason Black Mirror needs to force these edgy endings onto episodes.
Come on this was practically a happy ending for a Black Mirror episode. And tell me it wasn't satisfying to see the guy suffer eventually.

Say you take all of those lines of code and you print them out and put it all in a warehouse. Is that warehouse now sentient? You people are borderline retarded.

he used their DNA. that doesn't explain their memories, which is infinitely more important than DNA. I mean, the whole premise seems completely unimportant. In that world, the fact that you could get someone's passwords just by picking some saliva off their cup is far scarier.

being sadistic is disgusting to me regardless of context

Sure, have him get his commupance by having his computer over heat and burn his home down or something. Why does he need to be eternally punished?

If someone says "they were not sentient" you can stop reading right there, because Brooker has stated quite clearly that if a program is portrayed as sentient in a Black Mirror episode then it is sentient

no, but clearly you are

Bro you didn't get it. She had a totally awesome character arc going from meek nerdy LOSER to BAD ASS FIERCE SPACE CAPTAIN who takes no shit from no white man! She is the new god of an infinite universe cuz she got her pussy power back! PUSSY POWER!!!!!

YAS GURL

>series is known for using plot devices everywhere to bring a deeper message in a short time frame
>this entire thread picking at straws
fuck, I thought this board was the Sup Forums of tv, but it's the Sup Forums of tv

>calls other people borderline retarded
>if you take dna and preserve it in a test tube, does that mean that humans are not sentient

>they made it sound like it ended on a happy note
Kind of was though; I mean inspite of the fact that they'll probably actually die when some player hunts them down.
I mean come on, they even got their genitals back. For no reason at all, but still. Would have been funnier and would have even made more sense if the programmer girl's copy had to 'hack' hack the game to recreate those.

LOL LOOK AT THIS IDIOT DEFENDING A SHIT TIER WRITER LOL AT YOUR LIFE

pizza is already paid for when you order it

also he sort of tortured. like he made that guy watch his son get killed. Like, they have consciousness, and clearly feel suffering.

He won't be eternally punished. He's gonna die of thirst.

>deeper message
and what was that huh? HUH?

Really shows you where the movement is when these fags complain about a sci-fi show like this. This episode is centered around white males who play the most interesting roles, and the moral is to keep your sexuality and morality in check or feminism will conquer you. It could not be more redpill

Great episode

Honestly it would have been way better ending if they ended up in online universe where the people/gamers were even more sadistic and evil realizing that the one they were in before wasn't so bad. Such a cop-out

only thing I didn't like was it's statement on strong ai

the guy was a total douche who got his ironic punishment but bullying video games isn't a crime

Because that's what he did to the copies/simulations he had in his game? Remember the kid?
Als he won't be eternally punished, he'll just die of dehydration IRL and will be done after a few days of agony.

>computer code is the same DNA!

You are so stupid you can't comprehend how stupid you are.

same
i dont know what i was expecting, but it wasnt people screaming about the race/gender of fictional characters

"if you get bullied don't become the evil kid from toy story, please don't"

Well since I even spelled out the flaws and you just chose to jump to conclusions, I'd say you're a retard and just confirmed it, you nigger

Point of the story would have more impact if Aaron Paul blew them up proving that gamers are pretty shitty people all around

>the same
We were talking about analogies numb nuts. DNA is comparable to computer code in that it is a set of instructions. You can have either in a dormant state unused. One is made by a "god" and another by a human. Just made you got BTFO aren't you?

what the fuck are you talking about
it's not a "statement" on that at all. your complaint is that, what, a bad thing happened to something? It's a fictional story. It's purpose isn't to deliver justice. Sometimes in tv and movies, bad things happen to people. sometimes its justified, sometimes it isn't. It's up to you to think for yourself if what happened was okay or wasnt okay.
the episode clearly didnt portray it as a good thing or bad thing. Have you ever seen an episode of black mirror? people get fucked up and killed all the time.

my.mixtape.moe/pvkkva.webm

Lol kill yourself, you sad oversensitive rightwing sjw

jesus christ man I didn't mean "statement" in a political sense

I just meant the idea that there is any AI that deserves human rights or equal treatment, it's all chinese room shit and they picked the opposite of my stance

black mirror more like black kinor amirite

>Dude I understand more about a story and its meaning than the person who wrote it
k man

>DNA is comparable to computer code
>One is made by a "god" and another by a human
Christians are so fucking retarded. If one is made by a god, they are hardly comparable.

Exactly my thoughts. Couldn't agree more.

You are falling for the sci-fi memes from shit like this trash tier show. You are tricked in to believing that stupid bullshit is plausible because of how stupid you are which leads to you defending a show for it's obvious flaws like a monkey.

Who writes this garbage?

Notice the quotes around god? Probably not I guess.

Whatever you want to call the creator or whatever has led to the creation of DNA is comparable to the human writing the code.

>if you're dumb and accidentally download 2 copies of the game, you could get trapped inside a deleted copy for eternity and die

having a fool proof PANIC button to get you out of the game would have to be like the first thing they developed, that or have it so if they game ever quits unexpectedly or anything, you get booted out instead of stuck.

a much better, more black-mirrory bad/neutral ending would have been the people escaping from the game but the captain just starting over with having to get new DNA/coffee cups for everybody

also main girl should go to prison, she basically killed that guy just to keep some PG13 photos from getting out, i see worse shit on facebook

>writers who tell you their work will be full of plot holes due to their lack of technological comprehension are a good thing when they focus on technology based stories

Please die.

I only wish they would have kept the 80's style for the entirety of the videogame sequence

And here comes the plebs right on time folks, that's right at the exact moment the series died they came BOLTING AND CLAPPING out of the woodwork to proudly proclaim that THEY GOT IT.

Let's give them a big hand yaaaaaaay, you like the horrible series killing thing good for you arent you unique and special and blah yap yap blah blah way to go champ.

>Every single time

Well he was a complete repressed faggot turning his repression into simulated torture. Fags like this need to be put down. In another time he would have tortured animals or actual people at some point.

We aren't talking about show flaws. We are talking about whether you can create artificial sentience and in the show, the code is sentient. The moral implications aren't really different than abusing "natural" sentient lifeforms.

to be fair we didn't see all the photos

are you aware of how shit Sup Forums has been as of recent? Sup Forums is an upgrade.

whether or not you like the episode, jimmi simpson gives a 10/10 performance as usual

Correct. That was actually what I exprected he showed up.

who cares if it's entertaining? it's pushing a dumb agenda

Forcing a moral dilemma is an obvious sign of weak writing since you have to rely on emotional string pulling. This show is garbage despite having the surface level appearance of being made well. You are falling for their tricks.

Are you angry?